Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #61
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Heh....reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy commenting on women wanting a "dangerous" man.

Except when they get a "dangerous" man they end up on an episode of COPS with a black-eye yelling "Lock his ass up, LOCK HIS ASS UP"!
You are such a blithering, stupid, arrogant jerk. What woman asks to have a black eye? None. But you know what? Only a man who would probably be guilty of dishing some of that out would say such a remark. Very few, if any, women go out looking for a dangerous man.

You absolutely disgust me. You know you are kind of like the sludge or the amoeba that feeds off of the pond scum.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 PM   #62
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Mother is mad again so stand by

I agree with that post Mrs. Belle and from the looks of it this is what some people live each and every day. I can not add to what you have posted.
Great post !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #63
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You are such a blithering, stupid, arrogant jerk. What woman asks to have a black eye? None. But you know what? Only a man who would probably be guilty of dishing some of that out would say such a remark. Very few, if any, women go out looking for a dangerous man.

You absolutely disgust me. You know you are kind of like the sludge or the amoeba that feeds off of the pond scum.
Oh, simmer down on Brain a little. It is not uncommon for young and romantically inexperienced girls to be drawn toward the "cool" crowd which sometimes includes potentially dangerous guys. I, myself, have observed this among young ladies. That's probably why I never had much luck getting a date in high school while the jerks at my school who were constantly busted for fighting were the most popular with the girls.

It's not that they ask for abuse, but it is something that goes unexpected when it probably shouldn't be. Anyway, Brain merely said that our conversation reminded him of that statement which Jeff Foxworthy did, in fact, make on one of his shows.

Despite what my opinions of Brain might be, the name-calling does not become you, TBelle.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #64
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Oh, simmer down on Brain a little. It is not uncommon for young and romantically inexperienced girls to be drawn toward the "cool" crowd which sometimes includes potentially dangerous guys. I, myself, have observed this among young ladies. That's probably why I never had much luck getting a date in high school while the jerks at my school who were constantly busted for fighting were the most popular with the girls.

It's not that they ask for abuse, but it is something that goes unexpected when it probably shouldn't be. Anyway, Brain merely said that our conversation reminded him of that statement which Jeff Foxworthy did, in fact, make on one of his shows.

Despite what my opinions of Brain might be, the name-calling does not become you, TBelle.
I do have to agree the girls (most of them) for some strange reason like the rough type of guy. Why I don't know I was never attracted to the type. It's like they do like the abuse for some strange reason and the control these guys tend to have over them.

My son is one of these really nice guys and complains all the time how these girls like the rough type guys. I told him to hold on the right girl will eventually come along and love him for the nice guy he is, DONT CHANGE!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #65
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I do have to agree the girls (most of them) for some strange reason like the rough type of guy. Why I don't know I was never attracted to the type. It's like they do like the abuse for some strange reason and the control these guys tend to have over them.

My son is one of these really nice guys and complains all the time how these girls like the rough type guys. I told him to hold on the right girl will eventually come along and love him for the nice guy he is, DONT CHANGE!
I agree. If you have to change yourself to earn love, then you will never truly have it. I don't know exactly why girls shy towards the rough, tough guys. I guess, somewhere deep down, it makes them feel like their guy can do anything, like they're unstoppable and will never fail. It makes them feel safer, more secure. This is a very unenlightened point of view and often takes a harsh event in life to teach the truth. The truth that strength does not equal wisdom and power does not equal success. A muscle with no brain attached in unfocused, sloppy, and may strike at anyone.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #66
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Anime, if you believe Brain said that to just be reminiscing then I have some oceanfront over here in East TExas to give you. He's not that nice.

Let me explain something. The one I married wasn't the popular guy, he wasn't the muscley guy, nor anything you are describing. I didn't chase that kind. He was a very nice and kind person when I began dating him. Never saw a bit of temper in him while we dated or for the first year we were married. But once he went into the Marines, a whole other person came home from boot camp. It completely changed him and his personality. You have to understand that people can change once the military gets them. He did and not for the best.

I take what I went through with him and what he did very seriously Anime. Obviously you, due to your life's experiences, have never encountered such. I have and shall never forget it and don't take it lightly. Spousal abuse is nothing to ever, ever make fun of.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #67
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I was very fortunate the military didn't change my fiance...... if anything he hates the military that's why he only served his 4 yrs.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #68
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I am so happy for you and wish you well in your future marriage. I think it all depends on the person, their personality, and the branch of service they choose.

I did get something good out of the deal. Actually the best parts of the deal, (he doesn't even see them) two beautiful children, mini-me and mini-him! Thank goodness their personalities are mostly reflective of mom and the wonderful stepdad God blessed them with!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #69
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Looks like I missed a lot today. LOL. Ya'll sure got off topic big time today! I had one of those boyfriends, dumped him for my nice sweet husband. His life today is awful while mine is good. I am thankful every day I had the good sense to get rid of him. Yesterday I went to lunch with an old schoolmate and she was telling me about the guy who was the most popular guy when we were in high school. He was very very good looking, too. Today he is divorced from his gorgeous high school girlfriend and a drug addict. Those unpopular nerdy guys usually make the best husbands and get better looking as they grow older.

Back to the topic of who will be our next president........people better pay attention to what the candidates are saying and be sure to vote for someone who is concerned about our economy and not focused solely on the Bush administration’s scandals. Bush has certainly hurt the Republican Party. This latest scandal with Attorney General Gonzales firing 8 U.S. attorneys is reportedly going to be as big as the Watergate scandal.
I don’t want to hear the negative stuff. I want to hear their plan on how to make our economy thrive; how to make the situation in Iraq successful; improve education; balance the budget without increasing taxes.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #70
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
The thing people who have never served dont understand about being in the military, regardless of branch, is that they OWN YOUR ASS! Thats what bootcamp is all about, making you understand that they OWN YOUR ASS. You cant just quit if you dont like it, or if you decide its not for you, or if you feel you've made a mistake. Once you sign that dotted line and take that oath, you can just take all those rights and priviledges you took for granted in civilian life and kiss em the f**k goodbye. You must now go WHERE they tell you to go, WHEN they tell you to go, and, once there, DO what they TELL you to do. And if you dont like it, well thats just tough ****! At that point, all you can do is serve out your time, much like a prison sentence, and try do your level damndest to stay off your boss's ****list, and let me tell ya somethin, every swingin dick with one more stripe than you've got is your boss. Now, none of this excuses spousal abuse, which is unconscionably criminal. I simply wanted to clarify where some of the stress comes from in military life. To a servicemember, HOME, HEARTH, and FAMILY are the only respite he or she has from what amounts to indentured servitude (and make NO mistake, for that is PRECISELY what it is), so its vitally important that the servicemember's home and family life be as supportive as possible.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:09 PM   #71
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
The thing people who have never served dont understand about being in the military, regardless of branch, is that they OWN YOUR ASS! Thats what bootcamp is all about, making you understand that they OWN YOUR ASS. You cant just quit if you dont like it, or if you decide its not for you, or if you feel you've made a mistake. Once you sign that dotted line and take that oath, you can just take all those rights and priviledges you took for granted in civilian life and kiss em the f**k goodbye. You must now go WHERE they tell you to go, WHEN they tell you to go, and, once there, DO what they TELL you to do. And if you dont like it, well thats just tough ****! At that point, all you can do is serve out your time, much like a prison sentence, and try do your level damndest to stay off your boss's ****list, and let me tell ya somethin, every swingin dick with one more stripe than you've got is your boss. Now, none of this excuses spousal abuse, which is unconscionably criminal. I simply wanted to clarify where some of the stress comes from in military life. To a servicemember, HOME, HEARTH, and FAMILY are the only respite he or she has from what amounts to indentured servitude (and make NO mistake, for that is PRECISELY what it is), so its vitally important that the servicemember's home and family life be as supportive as possible.
Al, do you think it is worth a person's time and efforts serving in the military?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #72
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
This is very true I have said it for years, THEY OWN YOUR ASS!!! As Al said you have to eat sleep breath military like it or not for your term. I have never served but I do know what I went through living with someone that was in the military. It sucked!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #73
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Anime, if you believe Brain said that to just be reminiscing then I have some oceanfront over here in East TExas to give you. He's not that nice.

I take what I went through with him and what he did very seriously Anime. Obviously you, due to your life's experiences, have never encountered such. I have and shall never forget it and don't take it lightly. Spousal abuse is nothing to ever, ever make fun of.
Actually, I seem to have a lot in common with Scarlett's fiance. I have been in the military and I have seen how it changes people. I have encountered them before. I served 4 years and couldn't stand what it does to people and their families. Serving in the military is certainly noble, but the military still doesn't do enough for the families of servicemen and the life isn't for everyone.

However, this fact also serves as an example of my original point. Rough, tough guys go through emotional conditioning (like bootcamp) to get that way and they are often too emotionally (and sometimes physically) rough with their romantic partners. They become authoritative and demanding. In the presense of what they believe is disrespect, they get physical and domestic abuse occurs.

You saw this yourself. He was normal and kind, entered bootcamp, and came back different. I take such occurences seriously too. I was there the night my sister's ex husband was arrested for abusing my sister.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #74
scarlett
Advanced Member

The Offic Topic Forum

What I have learned is that this forum always goes wayyyy off topic so instead of saying anything I just join in. Sometimes it gets back on track sometimes it doesn't, oh well......

I will say this, my first husband had no military background and was abusive so it doesn't always take the military to teach these "bad boys" how to mistreat and control a woman....... live and learn
Old 03-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #75
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Al, do you think it is worth a person's time and efforts serving in the military?
Well, yes, it IS worth a person's time and effort. There are many, many benefits to military service, tangible and otherwise. But the army has a saying ..."if Uncle Sam wanted you to have a wife and kids, he would've issued them to you"! Which is a clever way of saying that ideally, a servicemember should be unmarried and childless. Its just an extremely stressful way of life for a young family.