Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 05:11 PM   #16
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
LA R.S. 21§52. Guide or service dog, rights and privileges of owners; penalties for violations

A. Any blind person, visually handicapped person, deaf person, hearing impaired person, or otherwise physically disabled person who is accompanied by a properly controlled dog which such person has been taught to use as a guide or for service at a qualified dog guide or service school is entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, and privileges of all public accommodation, amusement or resort, and other places to which the general public is invited, and shall be entitled to take such dog into such conveyances and places, subject only to the accommodations and limitations applicable to all persons not so accompanied, provided that the dog shall not occupy a seat in any public conveyance.

C. The provisions of Subsections A and B of this Section shall be inapplicable unless the person, as described in Subsections A and B of this Section, accompanied by a guide or service dog, shall furnish evidence as to the training of the dog, which evidence shall be obtained from the training agency or school by which the dog has been trained.

=====================

I wonder if a "Canine Good Citizen" diploma from a pet store counts as evidence as to the training at a qualified service school. I also wonder if having asthma counts as being physically disabled for the purposes of this law.
For someone who claims to be really smart you had a hard time with this one didn't you?

The law did not say it had to be a qualified service school. It states "from the training agency or school by which the dog has been trained". PetSmart has certified dog trainers in their "dog school" inside their store. We have trained a dog with them and I would be willing to bet Joe she's better behaved than you.

Furthermore, asthma is considered a physical disability. Yes, I did my homework on this one before you argue: #1. I have asthma. #2 I called my own physician and asked. #3 I live with a physician.

What is your real issue with this woman having her dog that she needs with her? Is it just so you can argue?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Maybe the dog was sagging and showing his arse Was he guilty of leaving logs down on the board walk ? I say bring him before a jury of his peers and get him up against the wall.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I heard the "medical dog" was a pit bull.. (or part pit bull) Is this true?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #19
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Now if that's true Rhertz I could see where the Security Guard would have doubts as to her story. I really, really would. I bet we haven't heard the end of the story.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #20
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I heard the "medical dog" was a pit bull.. (or part pit bull) Is this true?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1454

Bandit, a 27-month-old American pit bull terrier, has been trained to sense Pieper's asthma attacks.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #21
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Well well well, I believe the lady pictured there with the service dog is also a trainer at PetsMart if I am not mistaken. I can verify that information in the morning, but I think she is. She is NOT the trainer we worked with.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Well well well, I believe the lady pictured there with the service dog is also a trainer at PetsMart if I am not mistaken. I can verify that information in the morning, but I think she is. She is NOT the trainer we worked with.
Well it is morning and I need to see some verification That bulldog looks like he is hunting a hamburger and has already had a few Maybe he used to work at Micky Ds

Name:	hamburglar.gif
Views:	2
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1456
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #23
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I believe they have pictures up in all the Mickey D's in Bossier of that person there (could it be Pie????) warning not to serve them and not to let them in the restaurant!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #24
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>The law did not say it had to be a qualified service school

Yes, it does, read section A again.

"...at a qualified dog guide or service school..."

>Furthermore, asthma is considered a physical disability. Yes, I did my homework on this one before you argue: #1. I have asthma. #2 I called my own physician and asked. #3 I live with a physician.

Then you did your math homework for your history class. None of those things qualify you to issue an opinion on whether or not the state of Louisiana considers asthma a "physical disability" as it relates to the law. I didn't say the law doesn't consider asthma to be a physical disability, I said I was unable to find any case law that said it did and that asthma isn't one of the specific disabilities listed in the law as written.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Joe, you'd argue with yourself just for the sake of arguing. Asthma is considered a physical disability if it limits the person's ability to live or work in a normal capacity. Do some homework. You said your the really smart one. Do it.

Now have you proven that the trainer's or dog school at PetsMart is not a qualified dog guide or service school? NO. Have you proven that this dog has not been to such school? NO. Have you answered why you think this lady should not be allowed a service dog if she needs one? NO.

You just wants to be the horses behind as usual. Your wife must be a saint for "putting up with you" as you yourself say.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #26
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Now have you proven that the trainer's or dog school at PetsMart is not a qualified dog guide or service school? NO.

No, as the law states the burden on is on the person seeking spedcial accommodation to prove that. Did I say it wasn't? No. I said "I wonder if a "Canine Good Citizen" diploma from a pet store counts as evidence as to the training at a qualified service school."

>Have you answered why you think this lady should not be allowed a service dog if she needs one? NO

Yes, because I don't believe she meets the legal requirements.

>Asthma is considered a physical disability if it limits the person's ability to live or work in a normal capacity. Do some homework. You said your the really smart one. Do it.

Show me the case law that states this is the criteria the State of Louisiana uses for what is considered a "physical disability."
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Perseus show no quarter !

Name:	perseus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	1459
Harry Hamlin

Oh the young Andromeda will have her way

Name:	Judi Bowker.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1460
Judi Bowker

Clash of the Titans
Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

A man had just settled into his seat next to the window on the plane when another man sat down in the aisle seat and put his black Labrador Retriever in the middle seat next to the man. The first man looked very quizzically at the dog and asked why the dog was allowed on the plane. The second man explained that he was a DEA agent and that the dog was a 'sniffing dog'. "His name is Sniffer and he's the best there is. I'll show you once we get airborne, when I put him to work." The plane took off, and once it has leveled out, the agent said, "Watch this." He told Sniffer to "search.” Sniffer jumped down, walked along the aisle and finally sat very purposefully next to a woman for several seconds. Sniffer then returned to his seat and put one paw on the agent's arm. The agent said, "Good boy", and he turned to the man and said, "That woman is in possession of marijuana, so I'm making a note of her seat number and the authorities will apprehend her when we land. "Say, that's pretty neat," replied the first man. Once again, the agent sent Sniffer to search the aisles. The Lab sniffed about, sat down beside a man for a few seconds, returned to its seat, and this time he placed two paws on the agent's arm. The agent said, "That man is carrying cocaine, so again, I'm making a note of his seat number for the police""I like it!" said his seat mate.The agent then told Sniffer to "search" again. Sniffer walked up and down the aisles for a little while, sat down for a moment, and then came racing back to the agent, jumped into the middle seat and proceeded to poop all over the place. The first man was really grossed out by this behavior and couldn't figure out how or why a well-trained dog would behave like that, so he asked the agent "What's going on?" The agent nervously replied, "He just found a bomb."
Old 09-27-2007, 07:13 AM   #29
Stacy Love

Rep Power: 0 Stacy Love is on a distinguished road Stacy Love is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>As long as you can read, which I presume a Security Guard must be able to

You must not know many security guards.

So anybody can throw a red jacket on a dog and call it a "service animal?" or does it have to have the official certificate from Petsmart, too? What if the given excuse is completely far-fetched and fake-sounding, like "he detects my asthma attacks."
oh so amusing it is not so far fetched my inside pit and my cat help me with things like letting me know before i have a seizure they are not certfied and i dont claim them to be maybe they should be though
You are such a negative person joepole makes me wonder if you were given enough love and affection as a child if so then maybe you should remove that pole from your well you get the point!
Stacy Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Stacy, I think the problem with Joe is the pole has been stuck up there too long!