Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 262 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Is Christianity under attack by secular society?

It is Politically correct to attack Christians but no problem for Islam and gay rights or anything that is Anti Christian. Time for a change I would say
http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs...704080342/1002
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 209 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I agree that it is very acceptable to attack Christians and Conservatives, but please be sure you are tolerant of gays, Muslims, and all the other sore thumbs that stick out.

Me though I will stand up for myself, my God, and my beliefs. You can count on that.
Texasbelle is offline  
Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 262 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I agree that it is very acceptable to attack Christians and Conservatives, but please be sure you are tolerant of gays, Muslims, and all the other sore thumbs that stick out.

Me though I will stand up for myself, my God, and my beliefs. You can count on that.
I agree TB
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 29
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I agree that it is very acceptable to attack Christians and Conservatives, but please be sure you are tolerant of gays, Muslims, and all the other sore thumbs that stick out.

Me though I will stand up for myself, my God, and my beliefs. You can count on that.
Then do that, but secularism has no central deity or figures to defend, it's only an aggressive action to maintain citizens' rights, not to assault your alternate lifestyle.

If you believe in such things, be that as it may, but do not introduce these ideas into other areas of life to deny others his or her right to have a life free of religious entities. It's a shame that people with a thinking mind who don't accept a giveaway answer from a book with no foundation are castigated in today's society because of their beliefs or lack thereof.

If Christians are so fundamentally militant against these other religions (which can easily be seen as nothing more than gang wars), they should learn to see other religions as nothing more than secular, because if they truly believe their own deity is the only true one, then there is no realization that there is anything else, a Muslim has no Allah and a Hindu has no Shiva if there is only one God.

The only reason Christians attack Muslims is because both sides stick to their stories (although personally, none of them have legitimate evidence to support either side) and they use this to label others and initiate a hierarchy.
Santabot is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 262 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Yea I have smelled this skunk before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Then do that, but secularism has no central deity or figures to defend, it's only an aggressive action to maintain citizens' rights, not to assault your alternate lifestyle.

If you believe in such things, be that as it may, but do not introduce these ideas into other areas of life to deny others his or her right to have a life free of religious entities. It's a shame that people with a thinking mind who don't accept a giveaway answer from a book with no foundation are castigated in today's society because of their beliefs or lack thereof.

If Christians are so fundamentally militant against these other religions (which can easily be seen as nothing more than gang wars), they should learn to see other religions as nothing more than secular, because if they truly believe their own deity is the only true one, then there is no realization that there is anything else, a Muslim has no Allah and a Hindu has no Shiva if there is only one God.

The only reason Christians attack Muslims is because both sides stick to their stories (although personally, none of them have legitimate evidence to support either side) and they use this to label others and initiate a hierarchy.
Nice avatar ! Seems like I have seen that before. Your Anti Christian post has a bad ring to it. I will watch you post for a while a zebra will always show its stripes.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 181 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Then do that, but secularism has no central deity or figures to defend, it's only an aggressive action to maintain citizens' rights, not to assault your alternate lifestyle.

If you believe in such things, be that as it may, but do not introduce these ideas into other areas of life to deny others his or her right to have a life free of religious entities. It's a shame that people with a thinking mind who don't accept a giveaway answer from a book with no foundation are castigated in today's society because of their beliefs or lack thereof.

If Christians are so fundamentally militant against these other religions (which can easily be seen as nothing more than gang wars), they should learn to see other religions as nothing more than secular, because if they truly believe their own deity is the only true one, then there is no realization that there is anything else, a Muslim has no Allah and a Hindu has no Shiva if there is only one God.

The only reason Christians attack Muslims is because both sides stick to their stories (although personally, none of them have legitimate evidence to support either side) and they use this to label others and initiate a hierarchy.
Hmmmm, you sound just like someone else here.
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #7
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Gee....

I wonder how my low reputation is my fault, but the reputation of Christians isn't their fault...

Hey, I know.....maybe you could change your ways. That was a good enough suggestion for me, huh?
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 AM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 48
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
tell ya what.

I didn't realize this was under the "Religion & Spirit" heading. I'll refrain from engaging anyone here in future debate because at least you're nice enough to post in the correct place.
BrainSmashR is offline  
Old 04-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 262 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The time of the harvest is near

So all those that feel a need to attack Christianity need to get it out of their system because when the change comes they will be on a permanent ignore list forever.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 29
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I agree that it is very acceptable to attack Christians and Conservatives, but please be sure you are tolerant of gays, Muslims, and all the other sore thumbs that stick out.

Me though I will stand up for myself, my God, and my beliefs. You can count on that.
Well let me propose this: You view those with other religious beliefs as those accordingly, do you not? You believe they uphold the beliefs of their sacred texts, as well, correct?

If you truly believed your religion was the "only right one", you would view every person, living or dead, who did not believe in YOUR book, and live the life of a conservative fundamentalist Christian in America speaking English and living in the Deep South, as an atheist, someone without a true belief. If there is no Mohammad, no Jehovah, Shiva, etc, then you believe they are not actually believing in true dieties, but have personal beliefs of their own, that are "incorrect" in your eyes, am I right?

You seem to persecute those without your belief, yet your Holy book specifically states that you should outreach to those who share no beliefs, meaning Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, etc, not militantly assaulting them and ignorantly standing your ground as if you had something to truly fight for. Why don't you purposely subject yourself to a forum of persons that don't share your beliefs? Wouldn't that allow you to see more than one side of the picture? Maybe there are truths to things you're not aware of, mainly because, you're not aware of it. It appears you and others are continually subjecting yourselves to a daily treatment of Christian propaganda, rather than purposefully experiencing the intellect of other human beings, you know, those lesser peoples who don't believe in your Imaginary Friend.

Oh, and, by the way, if you weren't aware also, your Christian God, Allah, Jehovah, and all other Abrahamic sects believe in the, get this: same deity. If you also weren't aware, Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the Qu'ran, read up sometime, and stop prejudicing against persons you don't even truly know about, the fact is, you just don't care, and that's all the satisfaction you need.
Santabot is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #11
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 29
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Nice avatar ! Seems like I have seen that before. Your Anti Christian post has a bad ring to it. I will watch you post for a while a zebra will always show its stripes.
Also, I wasn't aware that I took the avatar from another user here, if that's the case. I found it a while back on a forum that I can't quite remember the name to, so it quite possibly could be one here. As for my posting content, I'm also not aware if I "sound like" someone you may know, but I assure you, I'm not.
Santabot is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 209 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Also, I wasn't aware that I took the avatar from another user here, if that's the case. I found it a while back on a forum that I can't quite remember the name to, so it quite possibly could be one here. As for my posting content, I'm also not aware if I "sound like" someone you may know, but I assure you, I'm not.
Well you sure are busy attacking the Christian beliefs tonight!!!! Where have you been? You haven't been around in awhile. Gosh we missed you!
Texasbelle is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
Santabot
Advanced Member
 
Santabot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Shreveport, LA
Age: 29
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 0 Santabot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well you sure are busy attacking the Christian beliefs tonight!!!! Where have you been? You haven't been around in awhile. Gosh we missed you!
If you're so genuinely affected by the "terrible secular society", why don't you just follow your leader? Turn the other cheek, forgive as your father has forgiven you, and present your evangelical message instead of being bitter and ignorant about your situation? If you were so secured about your deity's ability to defend you, then allow him to uphold that task, and go do something better with your time, like.. go to church and actually educate yourself on the book you claim to devote your life to.
Santabot is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #14
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member
 
cosmo kramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 59
Posts: 117
Rep Power: 162 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
I know a good doctor
Attached Images
 
cosmo kramer is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #15
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 37
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 206 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Geez, Santabot, how do you post so much so fast? Do you actually put some thought in there or just your fingers fly?
__________________
Confuscious says~
AnimeSpirit is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com