Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Urban Myths & Legends

The Cabbage Patch Tragedy

A woman washed cabbage in the washing machine and damaged it badly. Since they were so difficult to come buy she sent it back to the company hoping it could be repaired. A few weeks later she recieved a death-certificate in the mail, and a bill for the funeral.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Red Handed

A drunk driver was pulled over by a police officer late one night. As he was trying to walk a straight line, there was a crash from a nearby alley and the policeman told the drunk to wait while he checked it out. After waiting about ten minutes the drunk decided it was silly to wait, and drove home. The next morning the police officer knocked on his door. The driver stuck to the story that he'd been at home all evening and the policeman demanded he open the garage door. The man obliged wondering what the policeman hoped to find. He realized his mistake when he saw the police car in his garage.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
The Cabbage Patch Tragedy

A woman washed cabbage in the washing machine and damaged it badly. Since they were so difficult to come buy she sent it back to the company hoping it could be repaired. A few weeks later she recieved a death-certificate in the mail, and a bill for the funeral.

You are talking about cabbage patch DOLLS right pie?

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cabbage.asp
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 AM   #4
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
You are talking about cabbage patch DOLLS right pie?

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cabbage.asp
I guess the story I found did not say which, but I asume it was the dolls.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

The Dishonest Note

A man returned from shopping to find his car had been badly dented, and the culprit was no where in sight. As he got closer he felt relieved when he saw a note had been placed under his windshield-wiper. Laughing at himself for doubting the honesty of the average person, he pulled the note loose and read it, it said :"THE PEOPLE WATCHING ME THINK I'M LEAVING MY NAME AND ADDRESS, BUT I'M NOT."

Old 11-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Speedy Divorce

A couple where driving along a lone road, when the wife looks over at her husband and said, “I want a divorce.” The husband stayed concentrated on the road. “I’ve been cheating on you with your best friend and we're in love, and we’re going to get married.” She went on as he stayed silent driving. “
I'm already with his child, and I want the house, the kids, the summer home...” As she went on, he began picking up speed. “I want the majority of the bank account, the yacht...” L
Later, he was at a speed of 90mph, still gaining. His wife looked at him and asked, “oh wait, did you want anything.” The husband smiled and looked over, “No. I've got everything I need.” The wife looked puzzled and asked, “Oh, what's that?” He looked at the speedometer, now 105mph, and said “The airbag is on my side.”