Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Business

Notices

Old 07-19-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Freedom Of Religion In The Workplace!

The United States has a work force that mirrors the global economy we live in, where diversity, including religious, is more evident than ever before.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
People should check there religion at the front desk when they go to work. Work is not the place to express ones views about religion. If someone you work with would like to discuss their faith then after hours is the time not on the clock. Owning my own business I can read or do what ever but when the customers come in I do not press what I believe on them or my employees.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Nor do I, but people at work typically ask me about my pentacle necklace during work hours. In fact, about 2 years ago I was working at a not so pleasant job in Bossier. My boss asked me to remove my necklace while at work.

He said, "religious emblems only." I told him that my necklace is a religious emblem. He replied, "Really? What religion?" After I explained, a few of my colleagues spent the week looking at me sideways. I'm use to it though. The reactions have become amusing to me over the years.