Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: The Jonnies backstage at the Hayride

Reader comments and feedback for the The Jonnies backstage at the Hayride photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

photo by Langston McEachern
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
This is a classic for sure. Backstage at the Hayride. There has been many greats play this venue. This photo is a fine slice of time.
Johnny Cash a legend even in his own time. RIP
"HURT"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
This is a classic for sure. Backstage at the Hayride. There has been many greats play this venue. This photo is a fine slice of time.
Johnny Cash a legend even in his own time. RIP
"HURT"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

yeah, Johnny Cash was something else.. I've always had a certain appreciation for his music.. My dad used to perform in some of the clubs in Bossier back in the late 70's. He performed several of Johnny Cash's tunes. When ever I hear Johnny's "I walk the line" it kind of freaks me out a bit, sounds just like my dad.

Check it out... a young Johnny Cash doin' his Elvis impersonation.

Check out the bass player.. he was a rockin'

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
yeah, Johnny Cash was something else.. I've always had a certain appreciation for his music.. My dad used to perform in some of the clubs in Bossier back in the late 70's. He performed several of Johnny Cash's tunes. When ever I hear Johnny's "I walk the line" it kind of freaks me out a bit, sounds just like my dad.

Check it out... a young Johnny Cash doin' his Elvis impersonation.

Check out the bass player.. he was a rockin'

That bass player was in the zone big time. Great post I enjoyed that Latenight. I would love to see you start a music lovers group and post photos and music links. I like your radio !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
That bass player was in the zone big time. Great post I enjoyed that Latenight. I would love to see you start a music lovers group and post photos and music links. I like your radio !
thanks..
I'm workin' on it.. started up a new group LateNightRadio
working on a weekly podcast. try to promote some local music etc..
Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin View Post
Reader comments and feedback for the The Jonnies backstage at the Hayride photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

photo by Langston McEachern
I can see who Johnny Cash is but who is the other Johnnie ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:29 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I can see who Johnny Cash is but who is the other Johnnie ?
Johnny Horton (April 30, 1925November 4, 1960) was an American country music singer who was most famous for his semi-folk, so-called "saga songs". With them, he had several major crossover hits, most notably in 1959 with "The Battle of New Orleans" which won the 1960 Grammy Award for Best Country & Western Recording. The song was honored with a Grammy Hall of Fame Award and in 2001 was named number 333 of the Songs of the Century. In 1960, Horton had two other crossover hits with "Sink the Bismarck" and "North to Alaska".
Horton was also a rockabilly singer, and was inducted into the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.

Horton was killed instantly while he was returning home from a performance in Austin (Skyline Club) in a head-on collision with a drunk driver on Highway 79 at Milano, Texas at the age of 35

now you know ... "the rest of the story"

Battle of new Orleans (video) LOL

Honky Tonk Hardwood Floor (audio only)
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Good post LN. Now I know the rest of the story.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
Good job late! I haven't been able to listen to your station because I run Firefox. With your new format now I can. Johnnie H. would be a great addition to your rotation as well as the countless other hayriders. I have about six gigs of Hayride archives. There is a great Cash Southern Maid Donut commercial. J Horton would have been the Opry's greatest star had he opted to move to Nashville. He stayed here and that really put a bug up the Opry's butt. A couple years ago I bought a Horton LP on ebay. A live Hayride recording which had been beautifully remastered and cleaned using the technology of the day. For the first time I was able to hear clearly Tillman Frank's slapping on that upright. Oh, and if your wondering about the Elvis Southern Maid commercials forget about it. The good Colonel is the only one who knows where they are and he aint sayin'.
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Im havin' a heck of a hard time pulling up those youtube clips right now.. must be a problem somewhere down the line, or youtube itself.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The Johns doing a fishing gig. This is a young Johnnie Cash and a great photo thanks to Sal we have these treasures to view.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Johns.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	324.1 KB
ID:	1412
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #12
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
The Johns doing a fishing gig. This is a young Johnnie Cash and a great photo thanks to Sal we have these treasures to view.
Attachment 1412
hey that's cool.. do we know WHERE this photo was taken ?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
hey that's cool.. do we know WHERE this photo was taken ?
at Caddo Lake. This photo was from Sals photo gallery.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
at Caddo Lake. This photo was from Sals photo gallery.

AHA!, I thought those trees looked local.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Five High and Rising ! Hey LN need a bit of help here in bedding please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8vG6jL244
This is one song that will always be one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs.
I wonder if Johnny read the Farmers Almanac before he wrote this song ?