Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #46
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Anime, this is your SB Board Mother...(aka Texasbelle) why are you not a registered voter? It is one of your most precious rights as an American. People have given their lives defending your right to exercise your vote and make a difference in this country. Now son, you need to take care of that business right away. This country needs for each and every one of us to stand up, exercise all of our rights as in voting, and try to make a difference to bring this country back to a good place. Do you really want Hillary as your next president?

As for what purpose the parties serve? At this point, I think the purpose is solely to argue with each other. I am sure Al has something to say to answer your question better than I. He is the old wise one.
Well, the reason why I usually don't vote is because I currently don't have the time to study the issues each candidate is focusing on. My vote would be nothing more than an uneducated guess at who I think would be best. Personally, I could care less if Hilary becomes the next president. For all I know, she might be a good one. Personally, I prefer leaving the job of choosing our politicians to the people who know who they are and what they stand for.

Maybe someday when my time isn't divided between work, school, and simply living, I may take some interest in politics.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:50 AM   #47
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Oh I hear the paddle warming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Well, the reason why I usually don't vote is because I currently don't have the time to study the issues each candidate is focusing on. My vote would be nothing more than an uneducated guess at who I think would be best. Personally, I could care less if Hilary becomes the next president. For all I know, she might be a good one. Personally, I prefer leaving the job of choosing our politicians to the people who know who they are and what they stand for.

Maybe someday when my time isn't divided between work, school, and simply living, I may take some interest in politics.
Mother is not going to be happy with that post Anime
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #48
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
No Mother is not happy. She is scratching her head and pondering her reply. It is time to teach Literature to the little homeschooler though. She will be back to deal with this later Anime. You're not getting off that easy.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #49
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:

If the new Democrat budget passes and we get the biggest tax increase in the history of the United States ( LINK ) Remember you didn't have time to study the issues
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #50
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Well, for the first time, I agree with BrainsmashR. Anime, if you have the time to get on here and post and read, then make the same time to study. You can do it!

Love, Mom
Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #51
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Well, for the first time, I agree with BrainsmashR. Anime, if you have the time to get on here and post and read, then make the same time to study. You can do it!

Love, Mom
True to some extent, but I'm just not motivated to take that time yet. At what age did you first become interested in politics? What event in your life became the source of your political motivation? I'm only 24-years-old and haven't yet experienced the outrages of politics that would otherwise motivate me to take such stands on the issues. My focus, right now, is on school and getting my life career off the ground. If you had a child in college, would you rather him/her study for his/her classes or for voting season?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #52
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

I have a child just a little younger than you so I understand your point completely. She registered to vote as soon as she turned 18. She understands the importance of voting and I am certain that she votes when the opportunity has presented itself.

Anime, studying for deciding on who you are going to vote is not that hard. We are not talking Anatomy here or Brain surgery. You are not going to be graded on this. But this country needs each of us to do it. Now when did I first take an interest in politics? I began watching the news with my grandparents as a small child. I took a keen interest in it. I can remember watching the whole Watergate scandal and asking my grandfather all about it. I had to know all the details. I am sure that I didn't completely understand it, but I knew it was important. I have had to read the news every day since and watch it. Doesn't take long, but I keep up. When I was in high school, I remember such serious discussions with my Civics teacher about politics. I've always had the interest but it really got going when the first Iraq war began. My first husband was a Marine and was sent overseas to fight. There were demonstrations in Shreveport against the war and people fighting in it. I was only 22 at the time. I was so mad and I actively campaigned against these folks. It was during that time, as a young 22 y/o mother of two that I knew I could make a difference with my voice and my vote. And you can too Anime as a 24 y/o college student. It doesn't take much, but if each of us give something, be it a vote or even time on this board debating the issues and listening to each other and sharing knowledge, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #53
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking So Mother Tbelle you were married to a marine

Quote:
I have a child just a little younger than you so I understand your point completely. She registered to vote as soon as she turned 18. She understands the importance of voting and I am certain that she votes when the opportunity has presented itself.

Anime, studying for deciding on who you are going to vote is not that hard. We are not talking Anatomy here or Brain surgery. You are not going to be graded on this. But this country needs each of us to do it. Now when did I first take an interest in politics? I began watching the news with my grandparents as a small child. I took a keen interest in it. I can remember watching the whole Watergate scandal and asking my grandfather all about it. I had to know all the details. I am sure that I didn't completely understand it, but I knew it was important. I have had to read the news every day since and watch it. Doesn't take long, but I keep up. When I was in high school, I remember such serious discussions with my Civics teacher about politics. I've always had the interest but it really got going when the first Iraq war began. My first husband was a Marine and was sent overseas to fight. There were demonstrations in Shreveport against the war and people fighting in it. I was only 22 at the time. I was so mad and I actively campaigned against these folks. It was during that time, as a young 22 y/o mother of two that I knew I could make a difference with my voice and my vote. And you can too Anime as a 24 y/o college student. It doesn't take much, but if each of us give something, be it a vote or even time on this board debating the issues and listening to each other and sharing knowledge, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
That is it ! Never mess with the wife of a marine
Old 03-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #54
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

EX WIFEI got smart, got out, and traded up!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #55
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Oh yes you did but what about your new husband ?

Quote:
EX WIFEI got smart, got out, and traded up!
How did he do in the deal yea I know who the alpha ..... is and you do too It is the golden rule you do know the golden rule don't you ?
Isaac
Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #56
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

You could relate to my sister, TBelle. She married a military man (ex marine and current army) when she was like 19. She divorced him just last year. He was nuts! He had been divorced several times before for domestic abuse. We were all wondering how crazy my sis was for even dating him.

She has a new guy now and he treats her right. She has two kids and she is going to school for comsotology. But her ex husband is still nuts. Despite being divorced, he still gets upset when my sis does anything that reminds him that she is dating some other guy.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #57
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Key words there: Marines/Domestic issues= Divorce. Women should take notice. I am glad I got wise and got wise fast before I took to much damage.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #58
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

That's something I've come to notice that a lot of young women just don't understand. The big, strong, tough guys that many girls look for often get that way through some kind of harsh conditioning that is anything but gentle on the person's temperment.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #59
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
That's something I've come to notice that a lot of young women just don't understand. The big, strong, tough guys that many girls look for often get that way through some kind of harsh conditioning that is anything but gentle on the person's temperment.

Heh....reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy commenting on women wanting a "dangerous" man.

Except when they get a "dangerous" man they end up on an episode of COPS with a black-eye yelling "Lock his ass up, LOCK HIS ASS UP"!
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #60
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Heh....reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy commenting on women wanting a "dangerous" man.

Except when they get a "dangerous" man they end up on an episode of COPS with a black-eye yelling "Lock his ass up, LOCK HIS ASS UP"!
LOL! Yeah, I saw that. The Blue Collar guys are great.