Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #331
scarlett
Advanced Member
 
scarlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 474
Rep Power: 193 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I have a 16 y/o step son who adamently states he doesn't believe in God's existence. About a month ago, we were discussing it and finally I picked up some grass and asked him, "Can you make this?" He promptly said "No". I said, "Well neither can I. There is only one person who I believe can and unless you can name for me someone else who can create this grass in my hand I am going to believe that only God can." He promptly gave in and gave up the debate.
I recall my children telling me when they were in high school how many children claimed not to believe in God. I guess we are from a smaller town than Shreveport/Bossier and they had never come across anyone that didn't believe in God and if they did well no one said anything.

I honestly believe children say this to try to make a statement or to draw attention to themselves just like kids do body piercings, wear strange clothes or just try to be different to make people say OH MY GOD!

Using that example about grass, if Brain is out there I am curious to know his answer to that one.
__________________
I would rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not.!
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 AM   #332
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 195 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Scarlett he will have an answer. LOL
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:37 AM   #333
Isabella
Advanced Member
 
Isabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 487
Rep Power: 195 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I guess it's best to have the christianity thread larger than the pr0n thread
TRUE! The good thing is there are more Christians here than those who are not.
__________________
Where there is a will there is a way!
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:46 AM   #334
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Argued down a teenager....impressive.

BTW, anyone can grow grass, and a variety of it at that...

In fact, there's lot's of people in jail right now for growing things like "grass and weed"....is your god responsible for that too?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #335
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
We have plenty of recorded evidence of His existence. All of the samples and measurements that have ever been taken of anything, anywhere, supports His existence. I've said this before, said it till I was blue in the face, but for the benefit of those of you who didnt get it the first five hundred times, I'll say it again...CREATION ITSELF IS PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE! We're walking on it, eating it, breathing it, living it. Cant make it any simpler than that for ya.
"Creation" is a theory, just like Evolution.....the difference is there is tangible evidence to support evolution while there is only 1 solitary source supporting your version of Creationism.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 AM   #336
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
My last post WAS the rationalist's point of view. Any rational person would arrive at that conclusion, that creation itself is proof of God's existence. It all had to start somewhere, didnt it? If you take it back far enough, SOMETHING had to have made all of this. That SOMETHING, for lack of a better word, is GOD. A boulder could understand this. Anyone who claims otherwise is being willfully obtuse.
No, "magic" is what an irrational person would conclude.....Anyone who claims otherwise is merely indicating to which group they belong.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #337
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Precisely! WHO, or WHAT God is we cant say. We can say only two things with utter certainty...that He exists, and that He is a force beyond our comprehension. All else is speculation.
So your "god" could simply be an alien being/species beyond our comprehension and with power and knowledge that man could never hope to obtain, much less master. Not unlike the scientist "creating" life in a petri dish or a child and his ant-farm.

+5 for that one
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #338
BrainSmashR
Banned
 
BrainSmashR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Natchitoches
Age: 49
Posts: 1,090
Rep Power: 0 BrainSmashR will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Call me a rationlist or not. But I define God as the sole entity who can create life. If you think I am wrong, then prove me wrong. Create some life..., or name someone who has. Just one single cell organism, that's all I ask. If you can't demonstrate that someone besides God can create an amoeba or a single cell of algae, then you cannot replicate the experiment of creation, and therefore you cannot say one way or another.

Every offspring of every reproducing body on this planet, (plant and animal) is an example of creation. We even know how it's done, and have harnessed the ability to control it through a variety of physical and chemical means.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #339
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 223 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Argued down a teenager....impressive.

BTW, anyone can grow grass, and a variety of it at that...

In fact, there's lot's of people in jail right now for growing things like "grass and weed"....is your god responsible for that too?
No dumbBrain, the question posed to him was "CAN HE CREATE THE GRASS AND GROW IT?. I must not have stated it quite as clearly to you as I did to him. Yes, anybody can grow some with some seeds previously left behind that were previously CREATED by our CREATOR. But if you have an example of someone who has created some grass out of thin air, I would like to know who that is. I have a need for a million dollars created out of thin air.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:34 AM   #340
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran
 
AnimeSpirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nowhere
Age: 38
Posts: 1,659
Rep Power: 220 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
No dumbBrain, the question posed to him was "CAN HE CREATE THE GRASS AND GROW IT?. I must not have stated it quite as clearly to you as I did to him. Yes, anybody can grow some with some seeds previously left behind that were previously CREATED by our CREATOR. But if you have an example of someone who has created some grass out of thin air, I would like to know who that is. I have a need for a million dollars created out of thin air.
I agree there. Anyone can extract a seed from a plant and sow it to grow another, but no one can create seed (from thin air or otherwise).
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #341
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran
 
Texasbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the woods
Posts: 1,819
Rep Power: 223 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
You know a thought has occured to me. The Brain is absent again, it's the weekend, I wonder if he's having to serve some time on the weekends?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #342
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran
 
rhertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,834
Rep Power: 253 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
"Creation" is a theory, just like Evolution.....the difference is there is tangible evidence to support evolution while there is only 1 solitary source supporting your version of Creationism.
Prove what you say. Name someone who has created life, even a single cell organism. Just one cell of algae. Just one amoeba. Come on Brain, you are a smart guy. That ought to be easy if it isn't true but rather a theory. Prove Creation wrong by naming one single person who has created life before in lab. There are thousands of historical documents that offer considerable evidence that Creation is devine. Prove me wrong by offering substantial evidence that others (or nobody) can create life. What evidence do you have to offer?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:25 AM   #343
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran
 
Isaac-Saxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,421
Rep Power: 276 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Rhertz the Brain Fart has gone missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Prove what you say. Name someone who has created life, even a single cell organism. Just one cell of algae. Just one amoeba. Come on Brain, you are a smart guy. That ought to be easy if it isn't true but rather a theory. Prove Creation wrong by naming one single person who has created life before in lab. There are thousands of historical documents that offer considerable evidence that Creation is devine. Prove me wrong by offering substantial evidence that others (or nobody) can create life. What evidence do you have to offer?
He can not prove one bit of evolution all he can do is talk in circles. As long as this thread has run why not put it up for a vote or even better a poll as to who believes in the Bible and who believes in evolution or who believes in nothing ? Can you fix that rhertz ? I am sure he is off lurking on other forums and will be back to spew his venom so let us enjoy the quiet for the moment for before you know it that fart smell will be back on the board
Isaac
This is a record thread for this board and the Brain Fart has a new record too and his rep is -180 wonder what people think of his post
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #344
Interested w/ an Opinion
New Member
 
Interested w/ an Opinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shreveport
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0 Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough
I can't help but express my opinion on this conversation.
Brain, why are you so against Christianity? Why does it matter to you what I or anyone else believes? I understand why we care what you believe. As a Christian we have an obligation to share what we believe so the non believer will be saved. We don't want to see anyone condemned to eternal fire. We want all non Christians to know all about God so they can make that choice to be saved. If when they die they are condemned to eternity in hell that is because of their decision. At least they had the information and could have chosen differently.
Also there was a witness to the creation of the Earth. That witness would be God. He created the heavens and the Earth and He told the prophets what to write. How do I know this? Pure faith. Salvation is mine because I believe without seeing. The ones that do not believe now will believe after seeing. Unfortunately, that will be too late.
The last thing I want to comment on is about the remains of Jesus. We already established that we believe God took His Son to heaven after resurrecting from death. When He was resurrected He was in His body. Therefore there would not be any bones as your evidence that He existed.
Did you know that Jesus is not the only person taken to heaven in their bodily form? He also took Enoch. Matthew 11:15.
You are right. I am jealous of my God. I don't want Him blasphemed or ridiculed. He's already been through that. He deserves to be loved and respected. You may turn into a Christian in the end. Prayers do wonders!
Interested w/ an Opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM   #345
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member
 
Al Swearengen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Rep Power: 205 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I would remind everyone that they are arguing with a guy that thinks man is more powerful than Mother Nature. Nuff said!
__________________
Molon Labe!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.7.2
Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
2008 Shreveport.com