Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
A sad state we are in

I know I'm dating myself but back in the 5th grade the most we did was "go steady". It was a big deal to wear your boyfriends i.d. bracelet. Sex was only what we heard about from our older siblings and we thought "no way would our parents do something so gross!" It's so shocking that these kids even know what to do at that age! I guess though girls are sure physically developing alot sooner so that sure doesn't help either!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Apr 10 2007 11:40 AM
Principal of school where students had sex in classroom resigns
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Having sex with fifth graders is just wrong! Dont do it!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Having sex with fifth graders is just wrong! Dont do it!
I agree. Unfortunately, the 5th graders in this story were having sex with each other. That was the whole problem.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Can you imagine getting the phone call from the principal?

"Hello Ms. Anime'.We have had a slight, umm actually big problem at school today with your son...umm he's well I don't quite know how to say this. but ..umm well we caught him in the back of the classroom with Jill, you know the girl, having sex."

There's a big thud on the other end of the phone line as Ms. Anime' passes out. I know I would but hopefully I have raised my children better than this.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #21
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Can you imagine getting the phone call from the principal?

"Hello Ms. Anime'.We have had a slight, umm actually big problem at school today with your son...umm he's well I don't quite know how to say this. but ..umm well we caught him in the back of the classroom with Jill, you know the girl, having sex."

There's a big thud on the other end of the phone line as Ms. Anime' passes out. I know I would but hopefully I have raised my children better than this.
Maybe I'm just being a wuss by saying this, but if I were the principal, I'd invite the parents to the school for an urgent conference and have the kid confess to his parents himself to spare myself the loss of face.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #22
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I know I'm dating myself but back in the 5th grade the most we did was "go steady".
Yeah, in my day, they'd say "he/she is "goin with" so & so. Always thought that was a pretty stupid way of sayin theyre "an item"...When I'd hear that expression, my first thought was always "Yeah? Goin with em WHERE?" "Where the hell are they GOIN?"
Old 04-11-2007, 07:40 AM   #23
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

KTBS -- Apr 11 2007 7:40 AM
Principal of school where students had sex in classroom resigns
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #24
Interested w/ an Opinion

Rep Power: 0 Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough Interested w/ an Opinion is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Yeah, in my day, they'd say "he/she is "goin with" so & so. Always thought that was a pretty stupid way of sayin theyre "an item"...When I'd hear that expression, my first thought was always "Yeah? Goin with em WHERE?" "Where the hell are they GOIN?"

Al....they aren't "goin with" anyone now.....now they are "talking" with someone...
Interested w/ an Opinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested w/ an Opinion
Al....they aren't "goin with" anyone now.....now they are "talking" with someone...
Seriously? That's the term used nowadays to indicate a couple are dating? No wonder today's generations are confused by the mechanics of dating. They don't even know what to call it.

There is also a new one that I've heard and CAN'T STAND. Nowadays, if you are having sex with a person, but you are not officially commited to them you are "friends with benefits." And what's even more stupid, some of such couples (and I use the term loosely) treat their so called "relationships" as if they were commited. You know, they refuse to date others who might ACTUALLY commit because they are "friends with benefits" with some other person.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Question

I guess if there having sex in the fifth, the Elm Grove teacher must have figured it was OK to give out marijuana and alcohol in the seventh grade....
What wrong with this world besides this, the Middle East, and Dems.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I guess if there having sex in the fifth, the Elm Grove teacher must have figured it was OK to give out marijuana and alcohol in the seventh grade....
What wrong with this world besides this, the Middle East, and Dems.
And if all of that above is not enough when you get to high school you are in serious danger of being molested by your coach.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM   #28
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I blame the parents. People are not teaching their children the right values today. Sex is everywhere and guess what, society allows it!!!!!!!!!!!! The word NO appears to be a forgotten word these days.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #29
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
NO it is not Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I blame the parents. People are not teaching their children the right values today. Sex is everywhere and guess what, society allows it!!!!!!!!!!!! The word NO appears to be a forgotten word these days.
That would be the few not the many but there are still kids out there that will say no I know I have a high schooler that is holding the line. Now in Shreveport best to send them to private school becasue you do not want you child to speak ebonics and turn to the gangsta
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #30
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That would be the few not the many but there are still kids out there that will say no I know I have a high schooler that is holding the line. Now in Shreveport best to send them to private school becasue you do not want you child to speak ebonics and turn to the gangsta
Isaac
I have a 21 y/o still holding the line! Fingers are crossed that she can continue.

I support private Christian schools for this very reason though they seem to still deal with the same issue but how they handle it seems to be the difference between public vs. private schools. My preference now though is homeschooling. I absolutely know he is getting a firm Christian education and not being exposed to anything of any sorts that we don't want planted in his noggin. He is even learning far better than children his age because all of the distractions of school are not there for him.

It all comes down to parental involvement and choices.