Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 04-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #16
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Just curious, how did you do on the ACT and did you paricipate in the writing segment? I think it is optional at this point but I may be wrong! Are SAT's optional for LSU or do you have to have ACT scores? Sounds like you would do well with the SAT with your writing skills.
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #17
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo kramer
Just curious, how did you do on the ACT and did you paricipate in the writing segment? I think it is optional at this point but I may be wrong! Are SAT's optional for LSU or do you have to have ACT scores? Sounds like you would do well with the SAT with your writing skills.
Haven't taken the SAT recently, only in 7th and 9th grades, so I'll be taking it again soon. ACT, same as SAT, took it in 7th and 9th, PSAT last year, and this year I took it once without writing and got a measly 27, hopefully I'll be able to shoot it up in the next 1-2 times I take it this summer/next year.

EDIT: also, something funny about it is, my GT/AP classes for English since 9th grade haven't taught a single lesson of vocabulary or grammar, it's pretty much straight-on Literature class, instead of learning the language or anything else. All we do is do reports and lectures on poetry and prose, I don't like it, but I seem to do a lot better than those in lower levels of classes who do constant vocabulary/grammar every week.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #18
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
A messy 27? Sounds pretty good to me!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #19
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo kramer
A messy 27? Sounds pretty good to me!
Composite that is, I did better in English, but my Science was low because.. with the new version of the test.. all Science is is Graph Reading. All you do is look at "experiments" on paper and determine information asked from a graph, there is no extra scientific knowledge included in the entire test. It's a shame.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Yeah, it's a shame that so much is based on test scores! I don't know much about what they have done to the science area of the ACT. I do know that a lot of the material is based of application of the material instead of knowledge.