Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > What's for Dinner?

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Rhertz's REALLY Good Beef Stew

Rhertz's REALLY Good Beef Stew

2lbs beef stew meat cubed
2 or 3 tbs flour
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
One can beef broth
2 or 3 beef bullion cubes
1 tbl Worcestershire Sauce
2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
2 bay leaves
1 tbl paprika
2 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 big potatos cut into chunks

Wrap beef in paper towel for a couple of minutes then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky". Add flour, salt, and pepper over the meat and stir until each cube of meat is coated with flour. Add remaining ingredients to the pot and some water, about a cup. Cover and cook on low for about 5-6 hours until meat falls apart. Add mushrooms if you like them.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:34 AM   #2
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
putting your beef into a pot doesn't make it sticky...and I quote:

"...then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky"."

Let's carry this one out in Joe style since it earned him a pat on the back from you.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:36 AM   #3
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
What you never stated that's the only step involved? sure you did, and I quote:
"then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky"."
Old 06-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
putting your beef into a pot doesn't make it sticky...and I quote:

"...then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky"."

Let's carry this one out in Joe style since it earned him a pat on the back from you.
Wrapping the beef in a paper towel is what makes it sticky for the flour to stick to. It's just what I like to do. I'm sure it would be just as good without drying it in a paper towel, before putting it into a large pot.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat ?
Pudding makes an excellent hiding place for "mystery meat". Usually teachers don't care if you don't eat your pudding or not!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Let's carry this one out in Joe style since it earned him a pat on the back from you.

Hahahaha. Yeah, I'm totally the guy that dragged that other thread out by not being able to read and comprehend.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #8
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Wrapping the beef in a paper towel is what makes it sticky for the flour to stick to. It's just what I like to do. I'm sure it would be just as good without drying it in a paper towel, before putting it into a large pot.
Then why did you say putting it in a pot makes the meat sticky?

and I quote:

then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky"
Old 06-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Pudding makes an excellent hiding place for "mystery meat". Usually teachers don't care if you don't eat your pudding or not!
Can't you just masturbate like a normal person?

(another one for you, LN)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
For what it's worth rhertz I knew exactly what you meant the first time!
When's dinner???
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Everyone did. Brain's trying to prove a point about context. He's not doing a very good job, but that's his goal.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #12
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I understood it and I'm a poor cook.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Then why did you say putting it in a pot makes the meat sticky?

and I quote:

then put in large pot. This makes the beef "sticky"
Brainsmasher, I guess you didn't see the period ending one statement before beginning the next. You are doing this on purpose. But why?

Is it because everytime you post here, you get a reciprocal link back to YOUR site. I now believe that you are a troll trying to play the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) game. I will alert the admin of this site to the fact that you will argue ANYTHING that will get you search engine points. Scumming off shreveport.com is pretty low.

To everybody out there, if you ignore Brainsmasher and do not reply to his points, I once thought he might go away. But then he will post astronomy pictures of the day, or anything to keep his link out there.

Brain, prove me wrong and remove your signature and act like everyone else. I dare you. I double dare you. Of course you won't because your signature is the whole reason you are here. A page right out of the Search Engines for Dummies book...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Rhertz, this is very similar to how I make mine, but I brown the meat in a little olive oil first. Also, I add my potatoes and carrots about an hour before serving. Do the potatoes and carrots dissolve cooking that long? How many people does your recipe serve?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Rhertz, you don't brown the meat first? This is very similar to how I make mine, but I brown the meat in a little olive oil first. How many people does your recipe serve?
No I don't. The recipe is actually a "crock pot" recipe. Sometimes I use a pot on the stove if I want to speed things up a little. But I might try browning the meat a little (with the flour stuck to it) and see how that goes and report back. I make this about once every 2 weeks or so. It feeds around 6-8.. It's hard to say. My wife and I usually have seconds so that's 4, and kids make 6, and we have a little bit of leftovers. So 6 to 8 is a good number. That's a quarter lb of beef each, plus veggies.

I have found that the big problem with beef stew is that everyone burns their mouth cause they can't wait 10 min for it to cool!