Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Imus Apologizes for Disparaging Remarks

Radio host Don Imus apologized Friday for disparaging rRemarks about Rutgers women's basketball team
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
You know what is interesting to me is that they can call each other Nappy head and such but don't dare let anybody else do it.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know what is interesting to me is that they can call each other Nappy head and such but don't dare let anybody else do it.
Yep it just depends on who's doing it. On the other hand, as a white guy, anyone can call me a "cracker" and that is ok. In fact, it is almost like I somehow deserve it. Doesn't bother me though. I'm not a big fan of political correctness to begin with, so my skin is pretty thick.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Talking Your skin may be thick but it is white too

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yep it just depends on who's doing it. On the other hand, as a white guy, anyone can call me a "cracker" and that is OK. In fact, it is almost like I somehow deserve it. Doesn't bother me though. I'm not a big fan of political correctness to begin with, so my skin is pretty thick.
All this PC crap has gone to far. Apologize for freedom of speech ? Never ! This is the age of suck ups and I am tired of help a brother attitude You help them and they bite your hand and still do nothing but want more and never try to take it and make it better. You can lead a brother to water but you can not make him drink.
Issac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
All this PC crap has gone to far. Apologize for freedom of speech ?
It is an atrocity to say "nappy headed hos" which is an obvious racial slur. Now had the team been playing Lacrosse at Duke and been called "blonde bimbo hos" by a controversial black radio DJ, it would have been met with much less controversy I think. I’m still trying to figure all this out………………

Things you are allowed to make fun of:
1. Skinny people
2. White guys
3. How country rednecks talk
4. White girls hair
5. The troups’ commander

Things you are NOT allowed to make fun of:
1. Fat people
2. Black guys
3. How minorities talk
4. Black girls hair
5. The troups
Old 04-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Yeah...the whole "PC" thang...alot of how a controversial comment is received/perceived depends on where, when, and to whom its uttered . Not a whole lot of folks down here in the south are gonna get mad at ya if ya use the "N" word, cuz we've all met our share of em. Not ALL blacks deserve it, but many of em do, so ya just have to be sure that whoever youre callin the "N" word rates it! And Im like you Rhertz, they can call me "cracker" or "whitey" or "honkey" till they turn blue in the face and it aint gonna bother me, cuz the ones who would be callin me those things are the "N's" I just spoke of. If we're talkin about mexicans who are here legally and are hard workin contributin members of society, I wont use the "S" or "W" words when referrin to em, but I got no problem callin the illegal aliens by em!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Just thought of one more PC observation. It is bad to make fun of midgets, dwarfs, little people, or whatever the correct PC term might be nowadays. But it is OK to make fun of tall people all you want. "How's the weather up there?"

I hope nobody is ever PC on my account. What being PC really means is that somebody out there thinks I am not right in some way, they feel sorry for me, and then think that I need their help in fixing world to where I am OK.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

ABC NEWS -- Apr 11 2007 7:54 AM
Rutgers Players Hurt by Imus' Comments
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

FOX NEWS -- Apr 11 2007 8:24 AM
Staples, Procter & Gamble Pull Advertising from Don Imus' Radio Show
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #10
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

USA Today -- Apr 11 2007 8:51 AM
Imus flap about black, white and green
Old 04-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Once you start down the path to suck up it is hard to stop

He made that fatal mistake of capitulation and once someone apologize they attack like good Democrats. You will never hear a Democrat apologize for any thing. Heck look at Dollar Bill Jefferson he is moving up in the world and is a crook no apologies needed Slack jawed liberal crap. People it is time to get out and use your vote to send these turds packing and do not let some sob story sway your vote.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I was just wondering if anyone has every seen the Dave Chappelle show?
I was really surprised when I tuned in and saw that this black man was calling everyone on the show the N word among other things. He was also making fun of white and hispanic people. He is now a multi-millionaire and it is okay for him to say the things he said because he's a minority. No other race could get away with that type of show.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 AM   #13
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

ABC NEWS -- Apr 12 2007 8:11 AM
Critics Want No Airtime for Imus
Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
sbl_admin
Administrator

Post Updated News Story

CNN -- Apr 12 2007 10:27 AM
Imus: 'I've apologized enough'
Old 04-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #15
Shrevenator

Rep Power: 0 Shrevenator has a spectacular aura about Shrevenator has a spectacular aura about
Dave Chappelle's Show Niggar Family Video

When is Dave Chappelle going to apologize for this??

Dave is funny as hell but I don't see that he is any less offensive than Imus is. It just depends on who's saying it and the color of their skin. "Racism" somehow makes it OK. Anyone offended by comedians needs to get a life.
Shrevenator is offline   Reply With Quote