Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Paul Harvey sez

Just can not win for loosing on those emails. Thank you LN for pointing that out to me I will take that into consideration

And that is the rest of the story. I knew there was a reason I never listen to that guy
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 06-03-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
truth or fiction.com

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...rypanthers.htm

This was not actually Paul Harvey but the last line of the original e-mail mentioned his name.

Truthorfiction.com says this is actually a distortion of the truth.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
ol' Isaac is pretty quick at forwarding those emails
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Have you got the email lately warning you of the dangers of drinking from a coke can? It states you can get these disease because a rat perhaps has urinated on it. I hate that email. It seems to come around every summer and is another urban legend. I always have to forward a link back to the idiot that sent it to me taking them to the urban legends website about the truth on the can story.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Have you got the email lately warning you of the dangers of drinking from a coke can? It states you can get these disease because a rat perhaps has urinated on it. I hate that email. It seems to come around every summer and is another urban legend. I always have to forward a link back to the idiot that sent it to me taking them to the urban legends website about the truth on the can story.
The queen of urban legend has spoken I have seen some urban legends in my email from a certain member of this board before
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
The queen of urban legend has spoken I have seen some urban legends in my email from a certain member of this board before
Not from me lately you haven't. I have learned to check the source before forwarding!!!!!!!! The ones that have come across to me that I learned were urban legends are: 1) The kid with cancer who is collecting business cards in order to get money for his MakeAWish. This is not true. 2) The email where someone is telling you that "In God We Trust" has been removed from the newest coin minted. It's not removed. It's just on the edge of the coin where you can hardly see it. 3) The rat pee story. 4) That Citgo stations have changed their name so that Hugo Chavez won't be found out exactly how many stations he actually owns in our country.

It's very interesting to me how many of these I get a year and how much I believed them for so long!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I don't care if it is an urban legend or not, I'm still afraid of rat poop in my hotdogs and having my kidney's stolen.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I don't care if it is an urban legend or not, I'm still afraid of rat poop in my hotdogs and having my kidney's stolen.
You would think some people would be thankful for the informative emails. I think their complains really belong on "Biotch" thread.