Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post What Do You Think Of The Individual's Right To Bear Arms

A massive and seemingly mobilized online community has sprung among gun rights advocates readying for any possible action by the Democratic-led Congress to limit an individual's right to bear arms.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
We need Al and the NRA

I with you on this one Al what ever it is you post Tell them how it really is there Al.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I see no reason that anyone would ever need to arm a bear. Can a bear even use a gun properly?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The funny side of Joepole is out of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I see no reason that anyone would ever need to arm a bear. Can a bear even use a gun properly?
Good to meet you Joepole #2
Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote of the day

Quote of the day:

Quote:
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? --Thomas Jefferson
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Personally, I don't like guns myself. It's just too easy to kill someone with a gun and you don't even have to put yourself into any level of danger to do it. It's cowardly!

Police are starting to use weapons like stun guns, cans of mace, tazers, beanbag shells, and sticky foam guns to incapacitate attackers.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I do believe an individual has the right to bear arms. Now if he kills someone then he should lose that right.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Al must not have been on the board last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
I do believe an individual has the right to bear arms. Now if he kills someone then he should lose that right.
Al where are you ? We need Al and the NRA. I agree every American should be able to own a gun and we do not need the government telling us we can not own a gun. That is right up there with freedom of religion so I can not see the Dems getting that changed if they do well folks American will never be the same.
Isaac
Old 03-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole

If guys can fight their cocks, bears should have arms
396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Now if he kills someone then he should lose that right
That would/should depend entirely on the circumstances of the shooting.

Quote:
Personally, I dont like guns myself. Its just too easy to kill someone with a gun and you dont even have to put yourself into any level of danger to do it. Its cowardly!
I'm assuming that YOU dont own any guns, since that would make YOU a coward like those of us who DO own and shoot guns, and somehow I doubt you have such a low opinion of yourself. You are either misinformed or unenlightened, and so I, out of the kindness of my heart, will try to remedy this deficiency. There is nothing "cowardly" about using a gun, sir. Guns are an efficient means of harvesting game, defending ourselves and our families from attack or invasion, and on a larger scale, keeping our own government honest and foreign powers at a safe distance from our mainland. Guns and the shooting sports require skill and are a source of great fun, entertainment and enjoyment for people of all ages. Since they are inherently lethal, you should never point a gun at anything or anyone you're not prepared to kill. Guns represent an incredible technical achievement that can be applied with a higher level of efficiency, than, say, a club, spear, sword, bow and arrow, etc. In fact, a compelling argument can be made that the use of guns over other weapons is the most humane choice. You may be assured that the "other guy" will almost certainly be armed with a gun, and if you're the one who gets caught bringin a knife to a gunfight, theres a damn good chance you wont live to regret it. Guns are tools, nothing more. They can be used for good or bad, right or wrong, just like any other tool. Now, if YOU object to personal ownership of guns for whatever reason, that is certainly your right. Nobody will force you to own a gun. As long as you make no attempt to deprive your fellow Americans of this, (y)our most precious and important right, you pose no threat to our way of life. By the way, you should know that it is PRECISELY the use of guns and (y)our right to bear them that safeguards and allows you to enjoy ALL of (y)our other rights here in the "Land O The Free". It is the private ownership of guns, an important part of (y)our heritage, won for us by the blood and self-sacrifice of heros and patriots, that makes us unique and sets us as Americans apart from all of the other peoples of the world and makes our country the great bastion of freedom that it is.

Furthermore, I personally, along with millions of other Americans, am quite prepared to fight and, if necessary, die in the preservation of (y)our right to keep and bear these instruments of cowardice against all enemies, foreign and domestic. "Molon Labe" is our challenge to those who would seek to disarm us. Remember, its (Y)OUR right...use it or lose it!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 03-26-2007 at 04:19 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #11
Ugg

Rep Power: 0 Ugg will become famous soon enough Ugg will become famous soon enough
Question

Why would anyone want Bear arms ?
But seriously though.. I could see where a gun sure would come in handy

Last edited by Ugg; 03-25-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Ugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugg
Why would anyone want Bear arms ?
Do bear’s have arms? I would not want bear arms. It would make it too hard to scratch my nuts, pick my nose, and grab my wife’s butt. However bare legs are great especially on girls. Bare arms would be ok too I guess. Girls shave everything else these days except their heads. Oops, forgot about Britney! Sorry. Personally I would not want bare arms or bare legs and I think most guys are with me on that.

I wouldn’t want bear arms if I was attacked by a bear but I would want to bear arms if I was attacked by a bear. Yesterday, I bore arms when I was attacked by a boar. I was bored at the time and I was lucky I was bearing arms when the boar attacked. I have never been attacked by a bear. I don’t think I could bear it, but I would be glad if I bore arms if attacked by a bear.

I just wanted to be crystal clear where I stand at on this topic!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rhertz you may need some oxygen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Do bear’s have arms? I would not want bear arms. It would make it too hard to scratch my nuts, pick my nose, and grab my wife’s butt. However bare legs are great especially on girls. Bare arms would be ok too I guess. Girls shave everything else these days except their heads. Oops, forgot about Britney! Sorry. Personally I would not want bare arms or bare legs and I think most guys are with me on that.

I wouldn’t want bear arms if I was attacked by a bear but I would want to bear arms if I was attacked by a bear. Yesterday, I bore arms when I was attacked by a boar. I was bored at the time and I was lucky I was bearing arms when the boar attacked. I have never been attacked by a bear. I don’t think I could bear it, but I would be glad if I bore arms if attacked by a bear.

Did you have extra olives tonight ? You sounded like fuzzy wazzy
Isaac
Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz

AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote