Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Couple Rescued After Boat Capsizes on Cross Lake

A couple is rescued after their boat capsized on Cross Lake
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
That's crazy. I'm in terrible shape and it would take me 30 minutes tops to swim to shore from any point in the lake, especially if I had a life jacket.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
That's crazy. I'm in terrible shape and it would take me 30 minutes tops to swim to shore from any point in the lake, especially if I had a life jacket.
During summertime, you are correct. But during winter, falling into an area lake near 40* is a lot like falling into the Bering Sea. I'm full of crab lore.

LOL, about 20 years ago during summetime, we used to go skinny dippin' in various area lakes around midnight!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:35 AM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
1. June isn't Winter.

2. At no time is falling into Cross Lake anything like falling into the Bering Sea, except for both being wet.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
1. June isn't Winter.

2. At no time is falling into Cross Lake anything like falling into the Bering Sea, except for both being wet.
The OLD GREY GOOSE ain't what he use to be you go crab fishing in Cross Lake and post some photos of your catch rhertz
I got these out of Red River with my cast net
Name:  crabs.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  31.6 KB
and yes as you can see it is in the winter
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
LOL, about 20 years ago during summetime, we used to go skinny dippin' in various area lakes around midnight!
Now that's a mental image I just didn't need!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Now there are ladies that are at tracked to people that are good in a "marine "environment My how the years go bye bye. Hey there rhertz did anything ever bite you while you were swimming ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
1. June isn't Winter.
I agree with your point. It is pretty easy to swim to shore in the summer. My point is that during winter, fishermen fall into lakes and die of hypothermia.

Quote:
Not true. The water temperature of a lake in winter can be close to freezing just like water in the Bering sea. If this wasn't true, bass fishermen would never die of hypotermia in the wintertime when falling into relatively shallow waters close to the shore.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are forgetting that some people don't have the strength to make it all the way to shore. Depending on where your boat sank in Cross Lake, it could be quite a ways to shore in a couple of areas. I seriously don't know if I could make it even after knowing that I run every day and work out with weights. I think this couple did the right thing in waiting at the boat.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>Depending on where your boat sank in Cross Lake, it could be quite a ways to shore in a couple of areas.

That was my point. No, it couldn't be. Cross Lake is tiny.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #11
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
>Depending on where your boat sank in Cross Lake, it could be quite a ways to shore in a couple of areas.

That was my point. No, it couldn't be. Cross Lake is tiny.
These people were 50+ years of age. It is possible, and understandable, that these people didn't have the physical stamina or strength to swim the distance.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That is one sad looking crab pot. Where did you get that old photo?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
That is one sad looking crab pot. Where did you get that old photo?
That is purpahurl down on the mighty Red River last winter bringing in the winter catch Look out for that rouge wave there buddy
Two minuets in that cold water and you dead meat
Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
That is purpahurl down on the mighty Red River last winter bringing in the winter catch Look out for that rouge wave there buddy
Two minuets in that cold water and you dead meat
I'm serious. That crab pot doesn't even look legal nowadays. I didn't know they had color photos back during the days of round crab pots.. I can't tell of those are opilio, tanner, or baradei crab...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I'm serious. That crab pot doesn't even look legal nowadays. I didn't know they had color photos back during the days of round crab pots.. I can't tell of those are opilio, tanner, or baradei crab...
Those are Alaska King Crab get your crabs straight rhertz or you will never make it in the business. Oh be sure you do not keep any that are to small it will cost you.