Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Should We Continue To Fund Our Troops?

President Bush and his Democratic opponents in Congress are squaring off in a high-decibel, high-stakes game of chicken over a bill to fund military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Hell yes we should keep funding them

Those bleeding heart liberals would do anything to bring this country down and I know our President will veto that crap. Tell them how it is George !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up I'm with you Isaac

We can't win this war if we leave or if we stop funding our troops. If we leave all we are doing is setting the stage for another attack on our own soil - it will happen - we just don't know when.
Maybe this is what we need to stop this Democratic B...S...
The next attack is not going to just kill 3000 people but many many more -

STAND YOUR GROUND MR. PRESIDENT!!!!!!
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
I am a patriot, and I love my country.
The fact that I believe this 'war' is going nowhere in Iraq.
That I'm tired of the privatizing of this war, watching big business line it's pockets, while troops are dying, while trying to play "police". The fact that I feel the current administration has no clue on the End Game.
Does Not make me a bleeding heart liberal.

It's a stupid question, "Should we fund our troops?" -- NO ****.
The question is do our troops need be over there anymore.

Yes, I am a patriot. No, I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.
No I don't want to have my taxes raised. But riddle me this. How do we plan on paying for this war ? it sure ain't free.

I don't care who the heck it is.. republicans, democrats, independents.. somebody come up with a fracking plan over there besides lets throw more money and more troops at it. I've heard time and again from our Military leaders over there. There is NO MILITARY answer to the problem over there.
Unless of course you want to nuke the place and start over. Which I got no problems with.

But don't call me a bleeding heart liberal, because I think our troops don't need to be hanging around over there, waiting to be shot first!

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Don't hurry off as if nothing had happen RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
I am a patriot, and I love my country.
The fact that I believe this 'war' is going nowhere in Iraq.
That I'm tired of the privatizing of this war, watching big business line it's pockets, while troops are dying, while trying to play "police". The fact that I feel the current administration has no clue on the End Game.
Does Not make me a bleeding heart liberal.

It's a stupid question, "Should we fund our troops?" -- NO ****.
The question is do our troops need be over there anymore.

No I don't want to have my taxes raised. But riddle me this. How do we plan on paying for this war ? it sure ain't free.

I don't care who the heck it is.. republicans, democrats, independents.. somebody come up with a fracking plan over there besides lets throw more money and more troops at it. I've heard time and again from our Military leaders over there. There is NO MILITARY answer to the problem over there.
Unless of course you want to nuke the place and start over. Which I got no problems with.

But don't call me a bleeding heart liberal, because I think our troops don't need to be hanging around over there, waiting to be shot first!
Yes that is on your post ! Well cut bait and run will never get it. I support our troops and president big time and we must make a stand for freedom and what is right. You need to quit listening to "retired" military people on talk TV and talk to some of our fine young soldiers and know they are doing the right thing and they see it everyday. I would not use the word patriot to much
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Yes that is on your post ! Well cut bait and run will never get it. I support our troops and president big time and we must make a stand for freedom and what is right. You need to quit listening to "retired" military people on talk TV and talk to some of our fine young soldiers and know they are doing the right thing and they see it everyday. I would not use the word patriot to much
Isaac
"Cut bait and run" sounds like a good sound byte. Sells well. But it's nothing but crap. I wouldn't say it was time to leave, if anybody who was running this show had a plan. And by the way, if we did leave, what would we be leaving, but a country so caught up in it's own troubles, we just happen to be the only people they hate more than themselves.

A stand for freedom ? Fight for what's right ?? How are our troops standing around, playing cop, waiting to get shot at first 'standing for freedom' ??? not to mention those people could care less about freedom, they just want the power on and the water on.

No, i'm not listening to "retired-talk show hosts" military folks.. These are commmanders ON THE GROUND, saying such things.

I'll use the word Patriot all I want to, thank you very much. I'm tired of having my patriotism being brought into question, because I've got my own head on my shoulders. And I don't agree with all the propaganda that gets thrown my way.

I'm against the continuation of this war for some very obvious reasons. most importantly, there is no plan. But to throw more money and troops at it. That's not a solution. I have to ask why you are so FOR THIS WAR. ? Can you give me something other than a canned sound byte from talk radio ?
"Fight them there so we don't have to fight them there" is the stupidest damn thing I've ever heard. I mean if it were true that would be great. If these "people" we are fighting had a country, that would make sense. Just because we fight them in Iraq doesn't keep them from our soil. These people are very patient. it was back in '93 when they bombed the World Trade Center the first time. Go forward 8 years to 9/11 and they are back again. Fighting them in Iraq, is not going to keep the few who want to sneak into this country from getting in.

IF we're looking for a fight.. let's find BIN LADEN for cryin' out loud.. Let's shut IRAN UP for cryin' out loud.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
"What Is Your Plan?"

This is a different sort of enemy that we have never fought before - Do we cut, run, tuck our tales and hope they don't stike us at home.

When they do strike what is your response and who do you go fight?

What is your plan?
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba McMillian
This is a different sort of enemy that we have never fought before
Well Mr. Bubba, that's exactly right. It's an Enemy WITHOUT a country.
Fighting this enemy is not about invading and occupying another country. It's about identifying terrorists where they are, and WIPING THEM OUT. If for example someone like the Taliban take over a country like Afghanistan, THEN sure we go in there, bomb them back to the stone age. But this crap about sitting around in Iraq with young troops playing cops on street corners, just isn't getting us anywhere. And again, I don't want to hear about spreading democracy, if they want it in Iraq, they'll get it. But they don't want it, and they surely don't want it as a handout from us.

--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
No, it ain't free. Freedom was never free. It always cost dollars and lives. Now and then. But here is the answer, probably an answer you might disgree with. We pay for this war with lives saved. You heard me right. We have not been hit by a muslim faction on our own soil since 9/11. So far so good. I'm sorry to see our boys die in Iraq but I am even more sorry to see our boys die in New York frickin City, USA! One new attack in a major US city and everyone will be changing their tune yet again.

I'm not saying that I agree with how some of our boys are dying over there, I think we should take the gloves off and get "effective" on their @ss! No way a Iranian or Syrian insurgent is tougher, more trained, more equipped, or better in any way over our boys. We should win and win fast, but that is not the PC way. If Bush is guilty of anything, it is for living in an earlier less politicly correct world which I admit is a bit dilusional.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
We pay for this war with lives saved. You heard me right. We have not been hit by a muslim faction on our own soil since 9/11. So far so good. I'm sorry to see our boys die in Iraq but I am even more sorry to see our boys die in New York frickin City, USA! One new attack in a major US city and everyone will be changing their tune yet again.
I simply don't accept that "fighting in Iraq" has diminished anyone's ability to surprise us with an attack. Bagdad could become a shining city of democracy, but this will do nothing to stop the al-quaidas of this world from coming after us. The 9/11 attackers weren't even from Iraq

Right, no attacks since 9/11, and it was 8 years before that when they bombed the Trade Center in '93. Like I said before, they are very patient.

Quote:
I'm not saying that I agree with how some of our boys are dying over there, I think we should take the gloves off and get "effective" on their @ss! No way a Iranian or Syrian insurgent is tougher, more trained, more equipped, or better in any way over our boys. We should win and win fast, but that is not the PC way.
Exactly. This hanging around simply waiting for the next suicide bomb to go off isn't working.

Quote:
If Bush is guilty of anything, it is for living in an earlier less politicly correct world which I admit is a bit dilusional.
Please explain.

--Sir Winston Churchill
Old 03-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Should We Continue To Fund Our Troops?
YES!