Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 04-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #31
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Rhertz you sould not be offended you are a Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Well I kinda like the sound of that. MISTER Honky. Sounds repectful. I'm not offended at all.
You make Tbelle look like she has a tan your such a white boy WASP of sorts
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #32
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday as I was driving and listening to talk radio I had the opportunity to listen to them discussing the whole Imus issue. We've done it here but they were hashing out the whole "Why can they do it but we can't?". They had clips of song by rappers and such which I found very interesting. It seems that Barak Obama recently had a fundraiser were 'Ludichris' was performing and there are lots of pics floating around of the two together. In his song he performed it goes like this...."I got ho's ho's ho's in every zip code". It goes on with more what they consider demeaning words (only if Imus says them I guess).

Interesting to see that Obama can raise money with a guy who sings lyrics like this but on the other hand call for the firing of Imus for using the same words. You've just got to love those Democrats.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #33
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I have to agree I found the episode I saw funny but was still somewhat shocked that was allowed on cable t.v. and that no one black nor white had put up a fuss!
Chappell's "The Niggar Family" skit was HILARIOUS! I kept it on my DVR for months.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:47 PM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Yes Al once again you have it right on the mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Chappell's "The Niggar Family" skit was HILARIOUS! I kept it on my DVR for months.
I have it too. My parents came by my office the other day and Deacon Dad and Mom where there and they had to wipe the grin off their face. I LOL big time. Funny how things are.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #35
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Yesterday as I was driving and listening to talk radio I had the opportunity to listen to them discussing the whole Imus issue. We've done it here but they were hashing out the whole "Why can they do it but we can't?". They had clips of song by rappers and such which I found very interesting. It seems that Barak Obama recently had a fundraiser were 'Ludichris' was performing and there are lots of pics floating around of the two together. In his song he performed it goes like this...."I got ho's ho's ho's in every zip code". It goes on with more what they consider demeaning words (only if Imus says them I guess).

Interesting to see that Obama can raise money with a guy who sings lyrics like this but on the other hand call for the firing of Imus for using the same words. You've just got to love those Democrats.
Here where I live we have a festival each year in may called sunfest, http://www.sunfest.com and they have very popular artists here. last year I was able to see Carrie Underwood, this year I bought tickets so I can go see Chris Daughtry (was on AI last year). This year they are also having ludacris and it's a huge topic in this area how gangs will be there etc and people are actually boycotting the festival that's been going on for a very long time due to them having ludacris here. I found it pretty interesting myself since I did buy a 4 day pass but I am going each day but the day Ludacris plays due to the crowd that may show up there. It's not like Shreveport where you charge 5.00 and it keeps the rift raft out all the rift raft will pay 25.00 to see him.

I don't like Ludacris like I don't like the government they are all one in the same
Old 04-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #36
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Overreactors!!!

I don't feel Imus should have been fired from his jobs! Every single human says things without thinking sometimes whether they mean it or not. Of course we've all stuck our foot in our mouths before. I just feel a suspension would have been enough punishment. Also he was in the middle of a fund drive for a camp for children with cancer and his fundraiser was it's biggest resource. How can someone like that be all bad?
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #37
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
I was never much of an Imus fan, but I agree Pokie, firin him was a bit extreme. Hopefull he'll land on his feet!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

What will they censor next

Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac
Old 04-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #39
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Will Santa apologize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Attachment 339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac
Well this isn't that far from the truth! Looks like you've been taking some pointers from Kramer! Funny post!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #40
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
OH MY GOODNESS...Santa must go down for this. We can't have it no...no ... no...not even from him.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #41
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
OH MY GOODNESS...Santa must go down for this. We can't have it no...no ... no...not even from him.
How will you tell your children I am sure there is a way to let them down easy
Old 04-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #42
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Attachment 339

Ho,Ho,Ho
Isaac
I think Santa gets a pass, because his beard is a little bit nappy looking to start with!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #43
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Funny Isaac, ho ho ho!
cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #44
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Imus does 80's.
Attached Images

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #45
Pattyann3566

Rep Power: 0 Pattyann3566 has a spectacular aura about Pattyann3566 has a spectacular aura about
This is supposed to be a country of free speech! lol !But when one group of people can use certain words and another group can' t,I fail to see the free speech.I personally think anyone speaking or singing ,publically, should have to keep a decent and civil tongue in their mouth.No matter who they are!
Pattyann3566 is offline   Reply With Quote