Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #16
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
I know it's nice for you mothers to believe that you would do anything for your children and that money would never be an object....but that's generally not the case, especially when you've been battling cancer for several years.

Having a full-size animal the size of a black bear stuffed and mounted would easily cost a couple of thousand dollars AND I think the story would have mentioned the parents were utilizing said corpse as a memorial if that was the case...
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 12:36 AM   #17
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
They tan the hide and head and make a rug out of it. Full body mounts are rare do to the cost. Still a trophy in the boys eyes and his family. Bear meat to boot. You can try to spoil this all you want but it is like your avatar thread going no where
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 AM   #19
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Eating bear meat is not only uncommon, it's practically unheard of, and I suspect the number of Americans who have actually eaten bear meat is considerably less than 1% of our total population and has probably never exceeded more than 5% of the total global population in the history of our plant. This is purely recreational game and there are significantly easier prey roaming the wilderness.

The rug IS a considerably cheaper memento of the child's death (which is REALLY sickening, but that's another topic), but again, I think the story would have specified this detail had that been the case.

At any rate, after a good night's sleep, I'm thinking more along the lines of the people who hosted the hunt claiming the carcass in exchange for covering all the expenses of the "free" hunt.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:46 AM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Here goes shoot from the hip numbers man again. You might want to check those numbers out with the people in states that have bears. I think Alaska might be a good start and you will find the homeless shelters feed bear meat donated to the homeless people. I bet you will not hear them complain with their mouth full. So when you have a mouth full of beef, chicken or pork do you cry for the poor dead animal ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXWdd...e=user&search=
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #21
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I have personally never shot a bear (I'm a duck/dove hunter) but I have eaten bear meat.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #22
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I have personally never shot a bear (I'm a duck/dove hunter) but I have eaten bear meat.
In my younger days, I use to hunt deer, rabbit and squirrel. I see nothing wrong with hunting myself. It has been done for years. Do people think during the cowboy and Indians era they had grocery stores they could go buy a package of meat. Even during the depression people raised their own meat. Do you think they walked outside and said I want chicken today and a chicken killed hisself.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The Bear and the Swine The male bear and swine go by the name (bore) and the females (Sal) and they both carry trichinosis. So if you eat either be sure and cook it well done.
The worms ate into his "brain"