Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Wait time at LSU

I rally think LSU needs to do something about the wait time in their ER. I went out there yesterday and at 8:30 pm I gave up and came home without see a doctor. While I was there 2 other people and I were put in a seperate waiting room from the main waiting. The man had came in at 8:00 am with chest pains at 8:00 pm he was still waiting to see a doctor. The woman had came in at 10:00 am with her sugar running 500. At 8:00 pm she was still waiting to see a doctor. I don't care what that hosiptal says there is no REASON why people should have to sit 12 to 20 hours wating to be seen. This is rediculous. I'm not bad mouthing the workers but something definately needs to change. I do know that while I was there that the other two people were only checked on once and that was at 5:30 pm. Both other people were hungry and thristy because the workers didn't want them to eat until a doctor checked them. I know LSU is a busy place but pleassse. It is rediculous. They say on weekends the wait time could be more than 24 hours. What is going to happen is someone will die on the floor in the waiting room before someone steps up.