Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 05-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #16
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like a good idea to me.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 AM   #17
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Let's put a kick to it. Water, salt, lemons, creole seasonings. When you throw in the corn and potatoes it really puts the seasoning on. The spicest the better. Makes you drink more too. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
I would think you would like the crawfish pie
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 AM   #18
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
One trick I do is to take a pair of old panty hose, cut off the legs, and stuff them with potatoes, corn, onion, etc. This way it is easy to pull out the veggies so I don't have to go fishing for them. I dunno why but some folks question this practice.
Uh, yeah! This GA girl can do the crawfish in soups, stews - I absolutely love pistolettes!! I also love the flair with which LA folks cook their dishes!! Such culture...

But somehow that big, red thing called a mud bug sitting on a plate makes me rethink eatin'. Add in old panty hose???

I'm sticking to the saucy stuff....
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
But somehow that big, red thing called a mud bug sitting on a plate makes me rethink eatin'. Add in old panty hose???

I'm sticking to the saucy stuff....
Guerl, you don't know whatcha missin'!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #20
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Hey, I'll take a big pile of them red mudbugs any ole time. Uhm
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:04 AM   #21
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Hey, I'll take a big pile of them red mudbugs any ole time. Uhm
You can have my share! Funny though - we have family coming in from GA for my daughter's graduation. Guess what we are serving!?! A big pile of them red mudbugs - at their special request. Some fried catfish, hush puppies, and Cajun fries, too. They want a taste of real LA.

So, I love the recipes/ideas on this thread. Perhaps I might even give those mudbugs a real taste myself amid all the celebration. If I can just get beyond that red shell....

But I have to draw the line at old pantyhose! Sorry rhertz....
Old 05-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
You can have my share! Funny though - we have family coming in from GA for my daughter's graduation. Guess what we are serving!?! A big pile of them red mudbugs - at their special request. Some fried catfish, hush puppies, and Cajun fries, too. They want a taste of real LA.

So, I love the recipes/ideas on this thread. Perhaps I might even give those mudbugs a real taste myself amid all the celebration. If I can just get beyond that red shell....

But I have to draw the line at old pantyhose! Sorry rhertz....
No old pantyhose for dinner ? I am with ya girl. No fumunda for me to add to my crawfish I will go with the new taters and corn and rolaids to get rid of the fire
Old 05-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #23
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Crawfish

My other favorite way to eat them is with my hands and mouth.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #24
Sheba
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
My other favorite way to eat them is with my hands and mouth.
On any day that ends in 'y"?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
On any day that ends in 'y"?
Teacher, teacher I declare ..............