Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #46
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Already sold my soul baby.....

BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #47
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
I'm not trying to prove anything. You're god and your entire religion are a hoax intended as nothing more than a means of controlling the ignorant (and I DO mean ****ing STUPID) masses.
Clearly you are facinated by the subject of religion and specifically Christianity or you wouldn't make it a major part of your expression each day. You are very much trying to prove Christians wrong rather than being tolerant and accepting of the fact that you live smack dab in the middle of the Bible belt among a bunch of Christians.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #48
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Why am I not surprised that Black Sabbath is Brain's fav band?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #49
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Clearly you are facinated by the subject of religion and specifically Christianity or you wouldn't make it a major part of your expression each day. You are very much trying to prove Christians wrong rather than being tolerant and accepting of the fact that you live smack dab in the middle of the Bible belt among a bunch of Christians.
I am not tolerant of your beliefs?

and exactly when and where have I burned any witches at the stake? O that's right....christians were the only ones who did that.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #50
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Why am I not surprised that Black Sabbath is Brain's fav band?

Why am I not surprised that another christian made another incorrect assumption.

Black Sabbath is like 40 years old, darling.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #51
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
OH I would so hate to be you after having said this. Not going to be a good day for you should Jesus decided to appear today or you not make it home from work.
My thoughts exactly Belle. But then I had to stop and realize that "hate" is not our calling. It's not what we are supposed to do. Our job is #1 to keep our children away from people like Brainsmashr. And #2 pray and keep faith in Christ. I hope that Brain someday realizes what he is doing to himself and to others by thinking thoughts like that.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #52
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
My thoughts exactly Belle. But then I had to stop and realize that "hate" is not our calling. It's not what we are supposed to do. Our job is #1 to keep our children away from people like Brainsmashr. And #2 pray and keep faith in Christ. I hope that Brain someday realizes what he is doing to himself and to others by thinking thoughts like that.

The REAL question is what are your children doing on Saturday night.......here's a hint, it ain't Jesus.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #53
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
You don't know what our children are doing on a Saturday night. Not all children are like you, anyway.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #54
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
The REAL question is what are your children doing on Saturday night.......here's a hint, it ain't Jesus.
Now U R right.. More like Nancy Drew Mysteries and World of Warcraft...... But they are still young and playing their games. When their time comes, I hope they enter the world with their loins girthed with faith!! They are going to need it!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #55
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
and exactly when and where have I burned any witches at the stake? O that's right....christians were the only ones who did that.
It's true that there was a time when Christians did not tolerate my kind and we barely survived our worship in secret. Even today, some Christians look at me sideways when they see my pentacle necklace. However, there are those even among modern Christianity who are more open-minded and willing to coexist with other belief systems peacefully. This board has many such people.

The fact that I can be here and peacefully discuss religion with the devout Christians on this board is proof that the Christians on this board are not the intolerant kind you are trying to label them. You, on the other hand, directly voice religion as stupid and God as non-existant with no regard for propriety or respect for others. This is intolerance.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #56
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Now U R right.. More like Nancy Drew Mysteries and World of Warcraft...... But they are still young and playing their games. When their time comes, I hope they enter the world with their loins girthed with faith!! They are going to need it!
Congratulations, but you should realize they are your children, not you, and they will not emulate your desires but rather their own.

One has to wonder if you will use the same terms to describe them or will you actually practice the tolerance you christians enjoy preaching about.....
Old 04-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #57
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
It's true that there was a time when Christians did not tolerate my kind and we barely survived our worship in secret. Even today, some Christians look at me sideways when they see my pentacle necklace. However, there are those even among modern Christianity who are more open-minded and willing to coexist with other belief systems peacefully. This board has many such people.

The fact that I can be here and peacefully discuss religion with the devout Christians on this board is proof that the Christians on this board are not the intolerant kind you are trying to label them. You, on the other hand, directly voice religion as stupid and God as non-existant with no regard for propriety or respect for others. This is intolerance.

The fact of the matter is that you DO NOT discuss your religious beliefs on this board. You have only indicated you are not christian.

What's your religion?
Who do you pray to?
What idols do you worship?
Try quoting some scripture or reciting some incantations or doing whatever it is you do that defines your beliefs.

You see, it's real easy to claim zealots are tolerant when you aren't expressing your own beliefs. Just like I can say I'm not scared of Lions when I'm not walking in the Savanna.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-11-2007 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #58
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Congratulations, but you should realize they are your children, not you, and they will not emulate your desires but rather their own.

One has to wonder if you will use the same terms to describe them or will you actually practice the tolerance you christians enjoy preaching about.....
It is good to know that there is not a long line of people out there acting just like you rather that you are the one bad egg in the basket so to speak. You can not possibly begin to know how someone's child is going to turn out. Typically, most of the time, the children emulate what they learned and watched in their home and from their environment. There are some exceptions to this, there are children who will do different but it is not how it often goes. Yes, I have given my childen the desire to think for themselves and allow them to freely do it. They can express their own thoughts and opinions. I encourage it. They are extremely tolerant of others. They have been taught that as well. They are the most compassionate children you'll ever meet from watching their father in his profession. Don't even to begin to try and judge my children or myself because of your issues and short comings. My children are on a great path because of a home where God is at the head of the household, morals, values, and principals are taught, and they've learned to love everybody.

Brain, I hope you have a great day!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:47 AM   #59
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=BrainSmashR]Already sold my soul baby.....

[/QUOTE

I often wondered who attended those washed up Ozz Fests....this explains alot!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 AM   #60
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that you DO NOT discuss your religious beliefs on this board. You have only indicated you are not christian.

What's your religion?
Who do you pray to?
What idols do you worship?
Try quoting some scripture or reciting some incantations or doing whatever it is you do that defines your beliefs.

You see, it's real easy to claim zealots are tolerant when you aren't expressing your own beliefs. Just like I can say I'm not scared of Lions when I'm not walking in the Savanna.
Actually, I have revealed in one of the threads exactly what my tradition is, but you apparently haven't seen it. I normally don't discuss my religion unless someone asks. Since you did ask, I don't mind saying. I am a Pagan, a practitioner of the old Earth and Nature religion commonly associated with Wicca. If you want to know more, there's a video clip below that will give you the details.

http://www.gray-spirit.com/video.php?id=1

In short though, Pagans have a God of their own as well as a Goddess, each with their own personality traits and go by many different names. Since we have a God as well, your opinions that God is imaginery also, in a sense, applies to my religion as well.

Last edited by AnimeSpirit; 04-11-2007 at 09:11 AM.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote