Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: the strand

Reader comments and feedback for the the strand photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

'nuff said
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
This is a nice venue. I have seen Jackson Brown and Don McLean oh and a few others and it has great atmosphere.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
This is a nice venue. I have seen Jackson Brown and Don McLean oh and a few others and it has great atmosphere.

I saw Jackson Browne at the Strand a few years back.. he was on a solo tour.. it was great. He really seemed to enjoy the Strand as well.

On a side note.. I've been to a few Jackson Browne concerts, and I've been mistaken for Jackson Browne on more than one occasion. this was back when I was quite a few pounds lighter But twice it got me to the front of the concession stand line. Before I was "found out" LOL
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
That's definitely a compliment to be confused with Jackson! He's quite handsome! I saw him a few years ago too at the Strand!
Name:  281x211.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  17.8 KB

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #5
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
I recorded the show. Unfortunately I sat beside a loud drunken JB fan who is audible throughout. I sometimes listen back when the guy informs JB that he saw Planet of the Apes on that stage and JB's comment about hearing a distinct dialect. It is really quite comical. The recording is also compromised by a bevy of female fans constantly professing their love for old JB.
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Pink Floyd light show in 96. The sound system was not that great the show had brought with them. It came back I did not go the second time. To many concerts over the years have done damage to my ears. Nice looking venue with a rich history.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
I am missing all the high and low frequencies in my hearing too. Hey, thanks a lot Ted Nugent!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab View Post
I recorded the show. Unfortunately I sat beside a loud drunken JB fan who is audible throughout. I sometimes listen back when the guy informs JB that he saw Planet of the Apes on that stage and JB's comment about hearing a distinct dialect. It is really quite comical. The recording is also compromised by a bevy of female fans constantly professing their love for old JB.
Sounds awesome! Why don't you post it!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Jackson Brown and his friend Rosie I was sitting near the same drunk. When Brown changed the lyrics to Cocaine so say do not do Coke then the drunk went wild and started the name calling. It did put a damper on the music a bit. Jackson held his head high and did a great job despite the drunk redneck and his insults.
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
Jackson Brown and his friend Rosie I was sitting near the same drunk. When Brown changed the lyrics to Cocaine so say do not do Coke then the drunk went wild and started the name calling. It did put a damper on the music a bit. Jackson held his head high and did a great job despite the drunk redneck and his insults.

LOL, I must have been far enough away from all that nonsense Really enjoyed that Strand show.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Just for the record we must have all been at the same concert because I remember that obnoxious drunk too! I also remember smelling pot and was stunned that people were smoking that at the elegant Strand! Oh wait this is Louisiana!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Just for the record we must have all been at the same concert because I remember that obnoxious drunk too! I also remember smelling pot and was stunned that people were smoking that at the elegant Strand! Oh wait this is Louisiana!
I saw Eric Clapton at the Gold Dome in the early to mid 80's. One of the few concerts at the gold dome as I recall. The Hirch and Municipal where typically "very smokey" but the Gold Dome was filled with mom and pop's with the lights on. I kept wondering when the lights would go off but they never did. Someone fired up a doobie, and even Eric said something on stage about it. That was one brave stoner!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #13
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I've smoked in there twice When I saw The PinkFloyd laser show, And a few years ago BELA FLECK and the FLECKTONES ! Awesome show- I'm a long time fan of Victor Wooten ! ( sorry Pokie !)
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

LOL, you didn't happen to see Eric Clapton in the gold dome did ya?

P.S. I forgot all about the Pink Floyd laser light shows.. I partaked in one of those. But I barely remember it.... LOL
Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #15
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I've smoked in there twice When I saw The PinkFloyd laser show, And a few years ago BELA FLECK and the FLECKTONES ! Awesome show- I'm a long time fan of Victor Wooten ! ( sorry Pokie !)
I got a good recording of that show. Victor blew me away.