Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you a Christian ?
Yes I am a Christian 13 68.42%
No I am not a Christian 4 21.05%
I am of another faith 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #16
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I am a Christian.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #17
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Let me help you with your hanging chad man and science
vote for other faith or do not vote at all it is your choice. The answer to voting twice is NO does that help ?

No, as you have provided multiple choices that apply to the 4 billion people on this planet who are not Christian.

I wanna change my vote since I can't vote twice and was unclear as to exactly what you were asking. I am indeed not a christian, but I have faith, it's called science, and technically speaking, we as human beings teach THIS system of beliefs to more people than the number of Christians and Muslims combined.

What do you know, right off the bat your survey has a nearly 10% margin of error. God forbid that Santabot and Anime have fallen victim to the same error in your logic, suddenly your margin of error is pushing 30%.....but it should be interesting to see what conclusions you draw, none the less.

Last edited by BrainSmashR; 04-30-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #18
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
No, as you have provided multiple choices that apply to the 4 billion people on this planet who are not Christian.

I wanna change my vote since I can't vote twice and was unclear as to exactly what you were asking. I am indeed not a christian, but I have faith, it's called science, and technically speaking, we as human beings teach THIS system of beliefs to more people than the number of Christians and Muslims combined.

What do you know, right off the bat your survey has a nearly 10% margin of error. God forbid that Santabot and Anime have fallen victim to the same error in your logic, suddenly your margin of error is pushing 30%.....but it should be interesting to see what conclusions you draw, none the less.
I don't see what the big deal is!? Just pick an answer already!!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I don't see what the big deal is!? Just pick an answer already!!
I don't see what the big deal is with Christianity, maybe you should allow him some breathing room to decide.. you know.. his whole belief system?

It's not that easy.. and if you take it that way, it seriously discredits your message to others that religion is a serious means of living and yours is any better than another.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #20
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
I don't see what the big deal is with Christianity, maybe you should allow him some breathing room to decide.. you know.. his whole belief system?

It's not that easy.. and if you take it that way, it seriously discredits your message to others that religion is a serious means of living and yours is any better than another.
I believe he's had 36 years to think about it!!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah Isaac should have been politically correct enough to word his poll in a sensitive manner so everyone can participate..... Something like:

Are you a Christian?

a) Yes, I'm a Christian Zealot
b) No, I'm a normal person
c) Yes I'm Christian but I'm gay, which is like a "carbon credit" for Christians
Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
He knows how he wants to vote, but he enjoys being a jerk and jacking with folks.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 PM   #23
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
True Christians

Isaac. It's ashame that real Christians are ashamed to stand up and be counted. I heard a story about a church where a sermon was going on, gunman broke in and orderd everyone that believed in god to raise their hand, few did, they told everyone else to leave. Then they told the preacher "now that the non believers are gone, commence with your sermon". I guess the same will be true in the end!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:14 PM   #24
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I believe he's had 36 years to think about it!!
I used to be a Christian, and I didn't have enough time until now to think about it, and I still am. If you don't question your religion or your faith, what are you? Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? You can't affect anything in the world or do any duty other than serve a text, for what reason? Who knows.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 PM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
He knows how he wants to vote, but he enjoys being a jerk and jacking with folks.
Knowing how I want to vote is considerably different than answering the question properly.

If someone asked you to define Pi, 3.14 is a proper answer, but it is neither the whole answer NOR is it the most accurate answer you could provide.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #26
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Knowing how I want to vote is considerably different than answering the question properly.

If someone asked you to define Pi, 3.14 is a proper answer, but it is neither the whole answer NOR is it the most accurate answer you could provide.
You like beating around the very large bush, don't you?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #27
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
You like beating around the very large bush, don't you?

It's called playing the Devil's Advocate. I state the obvious in hopes of them recognizing the error of their ways.....but hey, I could be wrong. We'll have to wait and see what Isaac's conclusions are....
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #28
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I used to be a Christian, and I didn't have enough time until now to think about it, and I still am. If you don't question your religion or your faith, what are you? Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? You can't affect anything in the world or do any duty other than serve a text, for what reason? Who knows.
Maybe you are on to something. At 17 you can't think fully because your still growing. You should be asking questions instead of making statements, and so I will try to answer some of them.

Re:What am I? I am an adult who once questioned my faith at 17 but no longer. At some point, you must make a decision or else find yourself asking questions your whole life.

Re: Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? It's not just "a book". But ok, lets see you write one that is better. Go ahead and try. We will all be here waiting.

Re: You can't affect anything in the world. One prayer can have that effect. Just one.

Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.

Now may I ask a couple of questions? Where are your parents? You're 17 right? When is your bedtime? You are in school right?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #29
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Maybe you are on to something. At 17 you can't think fully because your still growing. You should be asking questions instead of making statements, and so I will try to answer some of them.

Re:What am I? I am an adult who once questioned my faith at 17 but no longer. At some point, you must make a decision or else find yourself asking questions your whole life.

Re: Why even exist if all you do is uphold a book that doesn't change? It's not just "a book". But ok, lets see you write one that is better. Go ahead and try. We will all be here waiting.

Re: You can't affect anything in the world. One prayer can have that effect. Just one.

Re: Who knows? Millions do. God knows. He gave us his word in a book no less. One that you can hold in your hands and read (well hopefully). Millions have read this book. They all know. What you are really saying is "not me, I don't know" and that is why you are asking questions like this to strangers on an Internet forum. Which is fine. Manyhere have been patient in answering your questions.

Now may I ask a couple of questions? Where are your parents? You're 17 right? When is your bedtime? You are in school right?

Did I state I could write a "better" book? Where is your definition of "better"? In what sense? Because it's the all-time bestseller? There are probably 10 bibles to every Christian, and many untouched entirely, there's no way that's an accurate representation of quality.

And perhaps I may "write a better book", you don't know. You claim I'm only 17 and not capable of doing anything because you assume that your expectations will hold out, but you're the one stifling dreams here, ass. Whenever I see a baby or small child, I always look at them as they are and then see them as a full-grown adult for what they will be (possibly) and see how time of existence affects so much, it's unreal.

Lol entirely at your Christian beliefs, seriously. It's like saying there's an imaginary friend with no evidence to support such a claim, change the word God or Jesus in the bible to your choice of imaginary friend names and it makes it look ludicrous, because that's what it is. Prayer is a superstition.

My parents are in the other room. I'm 17, right. My bedtime is when I determine I will get enough sleep for the next day, it's been that way for a while, because I responsibly go to bed early or responsibly take suffering the next day, either way. Mostly between 11-12 on school nights. I am in school, a good one, and actually one high school and 2 colleges, thanks.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:37 PM   #30
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
LOL everybody is here reading this thread! Hellooooooooooooo