Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Widespread street floodings, some Homes flooded

Heavy rains lead to widespread street flooding and some homes flooded in Shreveport
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Well my house isn't flooded, but the heavy rain has uncovered a nasty roof leak dripping into our dining room. I went to Home Depot for a tarp and some rope and 2 of the 3 streets leaving my neighborhood were flooded. Big tree down too. Nasty weather!!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Hang in there.. don't get washed away.

out near Blanchard, all along Old Mooringsport Rd, house after house has a LAKE in their front yard. Lucky for me I live on a hill, I think it could rain for months at a time, I'd be o.k. just couldn't drive anywhwere
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I saw many "lakes" on the way to Home Depot. The loop was flooded a couple of feet right out front of Home Depot. Bayou Pierre is higher than I've seen in years. I saw some homes that looked like islands surrounded by water.

I'm feeling better now that the rain has slowed and the roofers have arrived and are banging on my roof. That banging is music to my ears!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I saw many "lakes" on the way to Home Depot. The loop was flooded a couple of feet right out front of Home Depot. Bayou Pierre is higher than I've seen in years. I saw some homes that looked like islands surrounded by water.

I'm feeling better now that the rain has slowed and the roofers have arrived and are banging on my roof. That banging is music to my ears!
You better look around for a drip line down in your house the water does not always go in a straight line. Oh worry
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

3.91 inches as of 11am and counting............Place your bets on what the 24 hours rainfall will be... I'm gussing over 5 for the official report.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
When I came home tonight, the highway to our house was flooded. They have Highway Department trucks there to watch over it. The water is moving really fast and they are letting cars, little ones at that, through. I couldn't believe it. I made it through but I drive an SUV. I have seen the road flood in that place several times, but never quite like this. One man's pasture near us is a small lake today. Also, we've had several trees fall in our pasture.

My bet will be on 4.5 inches.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
When I came home tonight, the highway to our house was flooded. They have Highway Department trucks there to watch over it. The water is moving really fast and they are letting cars, little ones at that, through. I couldn't believe it. I made it through but I drive an SUV. I have seen the road flood in that place several times, but never quite like this. One man's pasture near us is a small lake today. Also, we've had several trees fall in our pasture.

My bet will be on 4.5 inches.
Mini van and SUV are not the same thing. I hope you know to stay out of the water that tan will wash off white girl
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Mini van and SUV are not the same thing. I hope you know to stay out of the water that tan will wash off white girl
Mini-van???????????????????? I don't think so. I hate them! You know Isaac you are a little over the top with your tan comments. I think you are jealous of the dark skin Pokie and I have. AND you obviously don't know the difference between spray on and the real deal. Maybe in your old age the eye sight is beginning to fail and the cataracts are already upon you. Do you need the name of a good eye doctor?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Mini-van???????????????????? I don't think so. I hate them! You know Isaac you are a little over the top with your tan comments. I think you are jealous of the dark skin Pokie and I have. AND you obviously don't know the difference between spray on and the real deal. Maybe in your old age the eye sight is beginning to fail and the cataracts are already upon you. Do you need the name of a good eye doctor?
I have very good eyes and you are a white girl and you know it Now let us talk about old age Tbelle Mrs. Mini Van