Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Price of gas falling

I bought some unleaded regular for $2.18 at Chevron.. I never thought I would see it that low again. Wonder if it will drop even lower?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
I got 2.05 out blanchard way.. and saw 2.00 on the way into downtown this morning.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #3
OLDERIE

Rep Power: 0 OLDERIE is on a distinguished road OLDERIE is on a distinguished road
It's below two dollars at several places now! I just won $20 on a bet.
OLDERIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

yup, I saw $1.95 on North Market the other day, which was down from $2.00 that same morning.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
yup, I saw $1.95 on North Market the other day, which was down from $2.00 that same morning.
yup, saw $1.92 this morning on N. Market..

and it can just keep on fallin'

kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #6
fuglycat

Rep Power: 0 fuglycat is on a distinguished road fuglycat is on a distinguished road
price of falling gas

anyone wonder why it is falling, when nothing has changed since this time last year? i think the big boys have some explaining to do. they made record profits and caused serious financial strains on the american public. explanation reqired, don't you think?
fuglycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:52 AM   #7
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuglycat
anyone wonder why it is falling, when nothing has changed since this time last year? i think the big boys have some explaining to do. they made record profits and caused serious financial strains on the american public. explanation reqired, don't you think?
Well fuglycat, I suppose the 'official' story would be...
The summer driving season has come to an end.
Israel is no longer bombing Lebanon.
No new Hurricanes this summer to mess up the oil refineries in the gulf region like we had last year.
Simple supply and demand. People got sick of $3.00/gallon gasoline and cut back..

And then there are those who believe:
Quote:
A recent public opinion survey indicates widespread mistrust throughout the country over gasoline prices. The USA Today poll found that 42 percent of the people responding to the survey believe the Bush administration is deliberately manipulating the price of gasoline so that prices will fall before the November elections.

take your pick

Rough Rider
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Cutting Back

>People got sick of $3.00/gallon gasoline and cut back..

No, they didn't. Consumption has increased as steadily as it always has.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #9
fuglycat

Rep Power: 0 fuglycat is on a distinguished road fuglycat is on a distinguished road
Cool

I don't agree with the supply and demand theory at all. I don't believe in a summer blend. Why would there have to be a summer blend that is not in use the rest of the year? It's a very simple concept of filling pocketbooks if you are the one backing this. If your not, then you get shafted like the rest of us. (You-is used here as the gas people) look at the rise in cost of consumer goods.... Gas has gone down, but will consumables? No way. So we still get to feel the pinch. Any little hiccup raises the price of gas. Has anyone heard anymore of the BP Pipeline? I haven't heard whether it's back up and running or not. It ws still down when gas prices started falling. Go figure. Are the refineries down south in full commission yet? Seems to me the less gas we produce ourselves, the cheaper the price? Doesn't make sense.
fuglycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Summer Blend

>Why would there have to be a summer blend that is not in use the rest of the year?

Because different types of gas behave differently at different temperatures. "Summer" gas has been modified to reduce voliatiles that evaporate at normal summer temperatures and cause air pollution. Summer gas isn't as good at starting in cold weather, so we don't use it in the winter. We could probably get away with in in Shreveport, but a lo oft (if not most of) the rest of the country would notice.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
>Why would there have to be a summer blend that is not in use the rest of the year?

Because different types of gas behave differently at different temperatures. "Summer" gas has been modified to reduce voliatiles that evaporate at normal summer temperatures and cause air pollution. Summer gas isn't as good at starting in cold weather, so we don't use it in the winter. We could probably get away with in in Shreveport, but a lo oft (if not most of) the rest of the country would notice.
I did not know that.. learn somethin' new every day. So o.k. answer this one, Car wouldn't start, replace battery, car starts fine, but now wants to STALL constantly. Never had that problem before.. any suggestions ?
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Stalling car

Make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. If they are get a shop to do a load test to make sure the alternator is up to snuff.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
When I was young, we poured Coca Cola on our corroded battery terminals. I don't know if it was the carbonation or phosphoric acid or what, but it bubbled up and sure did the job. I would imagine club soda would be less sticky. LOL
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote