Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Toddler falls from a moving SUV

A toddler is listed in critical condition after falling from a moving SUV
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
What happen to car seat? Why was the window down or the door locked? Who were these bozos to let this happen. Anime, where is that stupid meter!
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'm working on it. I have to keep recalibrating it so it can keep up with the ever-growing stupidity out there.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I get so infuriated when I'm driving around and see children not in their child restraints!! There's usually a car full of adults and kids with no one wearing them! How is that logical??
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
We sometimes drive our two year old home from the pool (about 5 blocks) wrapped in a towel in her mother's lap instead of her car seat. Every once in a while someone will see us in the parking lot and make a face like we had the kid tied to the bumper. My wife won't let me give those people (I say "people" but 100% of the time it's women) the finger anymore.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
We sometimes drive our two year old home from the pool (about 5 blocks) wrapped in a towel in her mother's lap instead of her car seat. Every once in a while someone will see us in the parking lot and make a face like we had the kid tied to the bumper. My wife won't let me give those people (I say "people" but 100% of the time it's women) the finger anymore.
Joe you should listen to your wife more often. So five blocks from indoor tennis do you play joe ? You know Joe I get mad at females too but I would never mess with them because joe they might have a husband or boy friend that might come kick your butt or be married to a cop and just your tag number and they will be at your nice home looking for you and as close to the hood as you live that could be real bad
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I read a stat once that said most fatal car accidents occur within 5 miles of ones home! You and your wife would have a hard time forgiving yourselves if your child died due to not being in a carseat. Common sense! It's alright to get the carseat wet!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
That stat is meaningless at best and misleading at worst. What % of total driving is done within five miles of home?
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

What is your reasoning for your child not being in the carseat??
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #10
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Pocahontas, he has no reason. He just stated his wife won't even let him show other women his IQ [which must be 1]. Sounds like we already know he has no reason. They say more accidents happen close to home than far away. If he goes 5 blocks that is enough time for anything to happen.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Because we're only going a few blocks and don't want to get the car seat wet for no benefit.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
So what you are saying is that you would rather risk your precious child's life than get the car seat wet?

I think that qualifies both you and your wife as some of the most foolish people in the city. Hats off to you! You've won the SB Stupid Award of the Day!
Old 05-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Yes, I would. All people unnecessarily risk their childrens' lives for convenience and/or fun. If my goal in life were to make the world as safe as possible for my kid she would spend 24/7 housed in some sort of underground bunker. There is almost 0% chance I'm going to get into an accident that will result in the death of my child in those five blocks so it's worth not having to clean the carseat.

Do you let your child out of the house without a helmet on? What if a meteorite hit them? Do they carry at all times a snakebite kit? Scorpion antivenin? Bullet-proof vest?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yes, I would. All people unnecessarily risk their childrens' lives for convenience and/or fun. If my goal in life were to make the world as safe as possible for my kid she would spend 24/7 housed in some sort of underground bunker. There is almost 0% chance I'm going to get into an accident that will result in the death of my child in those five blocks so it's worth not having to clean the carseat.

Do you let your child out of the house without a helmet on? What if a meteorite hit them? Do they carry at all times a snakebite kit? Scorpion antivenin? Bullet-proof vest?
Helmets for meteorites and snakebite kits are not mandated by law. On the other hand, carseats are. Kinda reminds me of the commercial where the lady doesn't want to wrinkle her dress, so she doesn't wear her safety belt. Next scene shows her in a wheel chair & her clothes are forever wrinkled.

Somethings are not worth the risks - a wet carseat would be one of those!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Joe, you are a selfish stupid parent if you believe that. Just last week a precious lady was killed driving home just a few blocks from her mother in laws house to her house in Southwest Shreveport by a drunk driver. She was driving in a nice, normally quiet neighborhood. But guess what???????????? Another driver, who was drunk, was traveling through the same neighborhood drunk, hit her head on, and killed her.

If it happened to her, it could happen to you. It could happen anywhere, any time. No, I don't carry a snake bite kit with me, but I have taught my children that to watch where they walk. I have taught them to obey they laws. They are for their safety. I put them in their car seat from the moment they came home from the hospital and they have been in that or a seat belt ever since. I don't have the right to play with their safety. Neither do you just because you think they odds are in your favor. Well, they odds can always shift.