Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Technology

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Libraries Faced With Too Few Computers And Not Enough Bandwidth

YouTube, online job applications and homework help sites have boosted demand and contributed to lines for Internet access at the nation's public libraries, yet a new survey finds the majority have no immediate plans to add computers.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Granted I don't hang out at the library a whole bunch, but the few times I have been in there the people using the computers were the creepiest creepers that ever creeped. If I asked you to draw a picture of what came to mind when I said "homeless pedophile" you would draw these guys.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
MattyMattyChooChoo

Rep Power: 0 MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice MattyMattyChooChoo is just really nice
"Granted I don't hang out at the library a whole bunch, but the few times I have been in there the people using the computers were the creepiest creepers that ever creeped. If I asked you to draw a picture of what came to mind when I said "homeless pedophile" you would draw these guys."
No kidding. I went to the library the other day. The computers are a waste of money. There were school kids playing video games, and three or four adults looking for dates on "matchfinder.com". What a waste.

Which brings me to another point. The library on E. Kings has a little display of books and pictures about the legacy of Gov. Huey Long. However, none of it mentions that the guy was a criminal and mandated that all state employees "donate" money from their paychecks to fund his re-election campaigns. They even have a little notebook on the table where people can write their comments or stories about Gov. Long. Again, what a waste. What's next, a table featuring "William Jefferson: A man of creativity and ambition"?
MattyMattyChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote