Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Culture & Community

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Drugs: Your Stance and Experiences?

I won't go too in-depth personally until I get some responses, but an open topic: What are your experiences and views on drugs and their usage, whether medicinally or recreationally, in America in general or even here in Shreveport?

Don't be close-minded in this topic, just state what you feel about them, no aggressiveness here, hopefully. I'm interested in what the consensus here is about drugs, whether legal or illegal, abusive or not.
Santabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I'll just jump in here.

Illegal drugs: They are illegal for a reason. I have never used them and never will. I am speaking specifically of drugs such as marijuana, and the likes. I have witnessed first hand the harmful effects the use of illegal drugs can have on one's person, career, children, and family. You can argue this all day long, but ask all the drug addicts their thoughts and you will find proof enough why drugs should be kept illegal.

Legal drugs: There are thousands upon thousands of drugs prescribed daily for medical reasons. Years of research go into a drug before it ever enters the market. Legal pharmaceuticals are on the market for everything from diabetes to migraines to treating cancer. These drugs provide a valuable and useful service to our species and even pets. Without these drugs we would not enjoy the quality of life as we know it now.

I daily take a drug to prevent migraines and am thankful every day that God gave someone the knowledge to create the medicine. It certainly changed my life to be headache free.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I'll just jump in here.

Illegal drugs: They are illegal for a reason. I have never used them and never will. I am speaking specifically of drugs such as marijuana, and the likes. I have witnessed first hand the harmful effects the use of illegal drugs can have on one's person, career, children, and family. You can argue this all day long, but ask all the drug addicts their thoughts and you will find proof enough why drugs should be kept illegal.

Legal drugs: There are thousands upon thousands of drugs prescribed daily for medical reasons. Years of research go into a drug before it ever enters the market. Legal pharmaceuticals are on the market for everything from diabetes to migraines to treating cancer. These drugs provide a valuable and useful service to our species and even pets. Without these drugs we would not enjoy the quality of life as we know it now.

I daily take a drug to prevent migraines and am thankful every day that God gave someone the knowledge to create the medicine. It certainly changed my life to be headache free.
You'll ingest substances you can't pronounce because somebody says it's okay, yet you would deffer from a plant that could arguably be seen as the greatest source of innovation of mankind, the cannabis plant. I'm also not going to debate with someone who doesn't know the beginning of drugs and their content, qualities, history, effects, etc, while only viewing the negative consequences of people's lack of responsibility.

Change the word marijuana in your statement to war, money, gambling, xanax, hydrocodone, sex, politics, or ANYTHING that has both a positive and a negative possibility for effects, and it will go right along with what you've stated. You trust the FDA and DEA to control drug use, while over $500 per person (of the 55.1% of the prison population in America being jailed for drug offenses) to keep them locked up, away from families, unable to even begin a new life or continue theirs, however disparaged or prominent they may have been.

There are countless, countless historical and current figures I could list that have used and abused drugs and gone on to live very successful lives and careers, some based on their drug use, some as a subsidiary. Nevertheless,
someone without the proper education on drugs most ought not be required to understand what really goes on, especially those who haven't experienced them first-hand, no matter what you've seen anybody else do, just like anything else, people can make wrong choices with seemingly good products and activities.

The legality of certain substances is hotly debated for one reason: there are two sides to the problem. If there weren't, nobody would have anything to debate and our court system, jailing system, and drug users of america (75% of which have reported trying drugs at least once, 25% daily users, all the while 85% are reported "born-again Christians", 10% other religions, and only 5% atheists) while the "problem" goes on, you may or may not be aware of what truly happens underground and in the political system, but at least you'll be able to spend your "earned" religious republican vote, and the kings and queens of Washington (whom you've never met, and whom don't give two ****s about you or your well-being) control your daily life regardless of your consent or opinion. Some people like to educate themselves of all of the facts before denying somebody their freedom to enact upon themselves how they wish, too bad Christianity doesn't base itself on humanitarianism, and is frequently intolerant.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #4
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
It appears you worship drugs, Santabot. Marijuana does harm people. I have seen the effects it has had on people's lives. You are too young to know what I know. You can say all you want to make your case, but I have living proof of what marijuana does as well as other drugs. Legal drugs can be harmful if they are not used for what they were intended. Why do you need a substance to make you feel better? Why would you want to feel out of control? What is wrong with feeling normal? Why would you want to act stupid? Absolutely nothing good comes from drug use. I am not talking about drugs prescribed to heal you by a physician. By the way, I don't drink alcohol either, so don't try to accuse me doing that. I have seen what alcohol does to people, too. My life is not complicated by any of those substances, but I have been caused great pain by others' use in the past. My home is alcohol free and of course drug free. No one is allowed to smoke in my home or use profanity. Everyone loves visiting in my home because it is a happy place to be.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #5
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
It appears you worship drugs, Santabot. Marijuana does harm people. I have seen the effects it has had on people's lives. You are too young to know what I know. You can say all you want to make your case, but I have living proof of what marijuana does as well as other drugs. Legal drugs can be harmful if they are not used for what they were intended. Why do you need a substance to make you feel better? Why would you want to feel out of control? What is wrong with feeling normal? Why would you want to act stupid? Absolutely nothing good comes from drug use. I am not talking about drugs prescribed to heal you by a physician. By the way, I don't drink alcohol either, so don't try to accuse me doing that. I have seen what alcohol does to people, too. My life is not complicated by any of those substances, but I have been caused great pain by others' use in the past. My home is alcohol free and of course drug free. No one is allowed to smoke in my home or use profanity. Everyone loves visiting in my home because it is a happy place to be.
Time to refute miscommunication and misunderstandings given to you by mass media and selective casing.

Nobody claimed to "worship" drugs, I even stated clearly that I did NOT want that to be the overall consensus that "Santabot is a drugged out loser that doesn't know what he's speaking about". I also never said I "needed" drugs to feel "normal". Drugs also do not make you go out of control, a far far far popular misunderstanding, mostly by those who don't know more than what they see in the movies and from rogue family/friends who abuse drugs incorrectly and irresponsibly.

"Nothing good comes from drug use. I am not talking about the kind from a physician..." This is where you're wrong. In many states even, there ARE physicians legally able to serve marijuana and opiates (very, extremely common) and other synthetic and organic chemicals that are scheduled under the DEA's list of illegal substances. Their legality does NOT affect their content or their effects, and it was actually ILLEGAL to NOT have hemp plants on your land until the turn of the 20th century. Please, please educate yourself on drugs and their history even in America before discrediting their ability to heal and make true changes.

I agree, I don't do much alcohol either, it's probably on my list of least favorite drugs to do, that and tobacco. But if you're aware of toxicity levels and the lethality of substances like those that are legal, compare them to Marijuana, LSD, even MDMA (ecstasy) and you will come to find out they are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH safer than anything you can buy in a store (alcohol is ****ing cheaper than water, can you imagine this country?).

It's nice and all your home is drug-free. That's your decision, and as you make yours, I'll make mine. It's people that are afraid of drugs and their legality that end up believing these interest groups and their propaganda about drugs via mass media to persons like you who do not know first-hand, and I mean TRUE first-hand, I don't care what your friend or your family member or someone you saw on TV ended up doing, that's not a real account and shouldn't even be mentioned as even having knowledge of a drug's ability to do anything. Like many things, there's a right to privacy, and invading that privacy usually doesn't allow you to get the whole facts about a situation, that person could have various reasons involving their complications with drugs, but that doesn't mean the drug forced them to enact on it, they could have had mental issues related, etc.

Just, please, say what you want about drugs, but you won't convince somebody who knows far far much more than you ever will about them from clinical knowledge and first-hand experience. I never claimed to know all there is, but I do an extensive amount of research and act as responsibly as I possibly can before taking any substance that could alter my state of consciousness, whether or not you or anyone else agrees with how I act. I did not harm you or anyone else in the act, so I do not see why you would try to impede my right to enact on myself how I wish, educated on the matter.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously you are on LSD Santabot if you are believing what you are typing. God help you.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
Time to refute miscommunication and misunderstandings given to you by mass media and selective casing.

Nobody claimed to "worship" drugs, I even stated clearly that I did NOT want that to be the overall consensus that "Santabot is a drugged out loser that doesn't know what he's speaking about". I also never said I "needed" drugs to feel "normal". Drugs also do not make you go out of control, a far far far popular misunderstanding, mostly by those who don't know more than what they see in the movies and from rogue family/friends who abuse drugs incorrectly and irresponsibly.

"Nothing good comes from drug use. I am not talking about the kind from a physician..." This is where you're wrong. In many states even, there ARE physicians legally able to serve marijuana and opiates (very, extremely common) and other synthetic and organic chemicals that are scheduled under the DEA's list of illegal substances. Their legality does NOT affect their content or their effects, and it was actually ILLEGAL to NOT have hemp plants on your land until the turn of the 20th century. Please, please educate yourself on drugs and their history even in America before discrediting their ability to heal and make true changes.

I agree, I don't do much alcohol either, it's probably on my list of least favorite drugs to do, that and tobacco. But if you're aware of toxicity levels and the lethality of substances like those that are legal, compare them to Marijuana, LSD, even MDMA (ecstasy) and you will come to find out they are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH safer than anything you can buy in a store (alcohol is ****ing cheaper than water, can you imagine this country?).

It's nice and all your home is drug-free. That's your decision, and as you make yours, I'll make mine. It's people that are afraid of drugs and their legality that end up believing these interest groups and their propaganda about drugs via mass media to persons like you who do not know first-hand, and I mean TRUE first-hand, I don't care what your friend or your family member or someone you saw on TV ended up doing, that's not a real account and shouldn't even be mentioned as even having knowledge of a drug's ability to do anything. Like many things, there's a right to privacy, and invading that privacy usually doesn't allow you to get the whole facts about a situation, that person could have various reasons involving their complications with drugs, but that doesn't mean the drug forced them to enact on it, they could have had mental issues related, etc.

Just, please, say what you want about drugs, but you won't convince somebody who knows far far much more than you ever will about them from clinical knowledge and first-hand experience. I never claimed to know all there is, but I do an extensive amount of research and act as responsibly as I possibly can before taking any substance that could alter my state of consciousness, whether or not you or anyone else agrees with how I act. I did not harm you or anyone else in the act, so I do not see why you would try to impede my right to enact on myself how I wish, educated on the matter.
Boy are you STUPID! Your post above proves it! You are only 17! I am much older and wiser than you little boy. Drug use hurts the user, family, and friends! I know this! I am not going to waste any more time with you. Fine go make yourself happy. In the end it will make you extremely unhappy and you may find out first hand if there reallly is a GOD when you die from drug use. Your parents need a good spanking for not having more control over their child.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:34 PM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
You'll ingest substances you can't pronounce because somebody says it's okay, yet you would deffer from a plant that could arguably be seen as the greatest source of innovation of mankind, the cannabis plant. I'm also not going to debate with someone who doesn't know the beginning of drugs and their content, qualities, history, effects, etc, while only viewing the negative consequences of people's lack of responsibility.

Change the word marijuana in your statement to war, money, gambling, xanax, hydrocodone, sex, politics, or ANYTHING that has both a positive and a negative possibility for effects, and it will go right along with what you've stated. You trust the FDA and DEA to control drug use, while over $500 per person (of the 55.1% of the prison population in America being jailed for drug offenses) to keep them locked up, away from families, unable to even begin a new life or continue theirs, however disparaged or prominent they may have been.

There are countless, countless historical and current figures I could list that have used and abused drugs and gone on to live very successful lives and careers, some based on their drug use, some as a subsidiary. Nevertheless,
someone without the proper education on drugs most ought not be required to understand what really goes on, especially those who haven't experienced them first-hand, no matter what you've seen anybody else do, just like anything else, people can make wrong choices with seemingly good products and activities.

The legality of certain substances is hotly debated for one reason: there are two sides to the problem. If there weren't, nobody would have anything to debate and our court system, jailing system, and drug users of america (75% of which have reported trying drugs at least once, 25% daily users, all the while 85% are reported "born-again Christians", 10% other religions, and only 5% atheists) while the "problem" goes on, you may or may not be aware of what truly happens underground and in the political system, but at least you'll be able to spend your "earned" religious republican vote, and the kings and queens of Washington (whom you've never met, and whom don't give two ****s about you or your well-being) control your daily life regardless of your consent or opinion. Some people like to educate themselves of all of the facts before denying somebody their freedom to enact upon themselves how they wish, too bad Christianity doesn't base itself on humanitarianism, and is frequently intolerant.
You know I am coming to realize that for all of your knowledge you are basically a snot nosed brat when you make some of your statements. Where in the heck did you decide and I never said that I could not speak the names of the drugs I ingest? For your peace of mind and for you to tuck away in your brain, I can in fact name each and every one of them. I know the background on them, and know all of the research done on them PRIOR to ingesting them. I really don't think you want to go down this road with me. I do have a medical background and will eat the ever loving daylights out of your lunch on medicine.

Why must you take everything and make it a twist on your hatred of Christians? Christians don't claim to be perfect. The only perfect person to ever walk this earth got hung on a cross two thousand years ago. Christians will fall and make mistakes just like you. The difference between you and I though is that I know where I am going at the end of this road. I have chosen to accept Jesus as my Savior. I have chosen to try my best each and every day not to fall down, but I will stumble. When I stumble, he is going to help me get up. I know you don't believe this, but again it's your choice.

Where are your references for all the facts you have laid out? Because for all of the facts you have laid out someone else can do a little more homework if they want to waste time and find some more that will quickly refute yours.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Personally, I think people use drugs too much. We have drugs these days that helps keep your legs still while you're sleeping. Illegal drugs, even more worthless. I have never...never...NEVER had a reason to even consider illegal drugs of any kind. I don't even smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol. I have better things to waste my brain cells on.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
Isabella
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Personally, I think people use drugs too much. We have drugs these days that helps keep your legs still while you're sleeping. Illegal drugs, even more worthless. I have never...never...NEVER had a reason to even consider illegal drugs of any kind. I don't even smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol. I have better things to waste my brain cells on.
Anime, you keep impressing me! I applaud you!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know I am coming to realize that for all of your knowledge you are basically a snot nosed brat when you make some of your statements. Where in the heck did you decide and I never said that I could not speak the names of the drugs I ingest? For your peace of mind and for you to tuck away in your brain, I can in fact name each and every one of them. I know the background on them, and know all of the research done on them PRIOR to ingesting them. I really don't think you want to go down this road with me. I do have a medical background and will eat the ever loving daylights out of your lunch on medicine.

Why must you take everything and make it a twist on your hatred of Christians? Christians don't claim to be perfect. The only perfect person to ever walk this earth got hung on a cross two thousand years ago. Christians will fall and make mistakes just like you. The difference between you and I though is that I know where I am going at the end of this road. I have chosen to accept Jesus as my Savior. I have chosen to try my best each and every day not to fall down, but I will stumble. When I stumble, he is going to help me get up. I know you don't believe this, but again it's your choice.

Where are your references for all the facts you have laid out? Because for all of the facts you have laid out someone else can do a little more homework if they want to waste time and find some more that will quickly refute yours.
Okay, and to your dismay, you may find out that I am a born-again Christian,
so I hopefully will either see you in your playground in the sky, or rest peacefully in my grave.