Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Business & Finance

Notices

Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Google pushes 100-mpg car

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/19/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Quote:
Offers millions to advance plug-in hybrid vehicles and other technologies that link nation's transport system to the electric grid
Well I don't know but it sounds good.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'm not sure I'm up for cars that have to be plugged in unless they can recharges pretty quick. Otherwise, what good would they be on a long trip?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I'm not sure I'm up for cars that have to be plugged in unless they can recharges pretty quick. Otherwise, what good would they be on a long trip?
I believe these cars do both. Generally speaking we only travel so far in a day. for the occasional longer trip, you can switch to gas..

Quote:
The project, called the RechargeIT initiative and run from Google's philanthropic arm, Google.org, aims to further the development of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles - cars or trucks that have both a gasoline engine and advanced batteries that recharge by plugging into the nation's electric grid.

One of Google's plug-in hybrid electric cars.
Beyond oil
Ethanol and hunger

One tankful of the latest craze in alternative energy could feed one person for a year, Lester Brown tells Fortune. (more)
Wal-Mart's ethanol push
E85 is available at only a tiny fraction of gas stations. But Fortune's Marc Gunther says the giant retailer is poised to change that. (more)
Exxon: Oil and no more
The company says its not interested in renewables. But when your business relies on a finite resource, is this really the best strategy? (more)
Veggie cars hit the road
Used restaurant cooking oil is free, clean burning and can power your vehicle. So why aren't more people using it? (more)
Video More video

Business 2.0 talks to a group of energy disruptors about the future of green power.
Play video
"Since most Americans drive less than 35 miles per day, you easily could drive mostly on electricity with the gas tank as a safety net," Dan Reicher, director of Climate and Energy Initiatives for Google.org, wrote on the organization's Web site. "In preliminary results from our test fleet, on average the plug-in hybrid gas mileage was 30-plus mpg higher than that of the regular hybrids."

The project also aims to develop vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technology, allowing cars to sell their stored power back to the nation's electricity grid during times of peak demand.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote