Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans > New Orleans Saints

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Sports Illustrated picks the Saints for Superbowl winners

There are those out there, who will consider this a curse.. I don't believe S.I. is ever correct about these predictions.

So either we're cursed by this, or expect a large exodus from hell, as it freezes over and the saints win the superbowl..

check it out for yourself

Sports Illustrated predictions

Game Time Start 7:30pm
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
who has the Best looking logo in the NFL.. well it's official.

Click image for larger version

Name:	no.sized.gif
Views:	7
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	1427

Read all about why and how..

Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Could this be the curse of the bambino
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

katrina came in and washed away all the curses on the Saints.
Something about some indian burial ground underneath the Superdome
Old 08-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
Jesse

Rep Power: 0 Jesse will become famous soon enough Jesse will become famous soon enough
Old 09-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Saints go to the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight View Post
There are those out there, who will consider this a curse.. I don't believe S.I. is ever correct about these predictions.

So either we're cursed by this, or expect a large exodus from hell, as it freezes over and the saints win the superbowl..

After watching my beloved Saints play the Colts I think if the Saints plan on going to the Super Bowl they better buy tickets early so they get good seats!
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Yeah, I would've said that this was an overly optimistic sentiment. Also, I have to confess that I've never particularly cared for the Saints, and if pressed for a reason, I could cite at least two, namely:

1. The Saints have almost always sucked, which is to say, they have almost always blown, and by that I mean they've almost always sucked. They've sucked for so long that even though their level of suckage has greatly diminshed, I still instinctively think "LOSERS" whenever someone mentions them or I see their logo.

2.The Saints are based in the city of New Orleans, AKA "The Giant Noxious Toilet Of The South Presided Over By The Grand Bald Turd Known As Mayor Ray "Chocolate" Nagin" Previously Presided Over By The Gaping A$$hole Known As Mayor Marc "Monkey Business" Morial!

Now, the city of New Orleans COULD and SHOULD be cleaned up, which WOULD be good for the citizens of New Orleans as well as for the rest of Louisiana, although I'm not sure this would change the way I personally feel about the place. As for the Saints football team, if they would change their name to somethin a bit more aggressive and move to Deadwood South Dakota, I'm certain they would become my favorite team.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 09-07-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:33 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
katrina came in and washed away all the curses on the Saints.
Something about some indian burial ground underneath the Superdome
I think the Big Chief Indian is not happy after last night. I wonder if the Saints thought it was preseason and had their third string in what a bunch of dawgs
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
GuardChief

Rep Power: 0 GuardChief has a spectacular aura about GuardChief has a spectacular aura about GuardChief has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Yeah, I would've said that this was an overly optimistic sentiment. Also, I have to confess that I've never particularly cared for the Saints, and if pressed for a reason, I could cite at least two, namely:

1. The Saints have almost always sucked, which is to say, they have almost always blown, and by that I mean they've almost always sucked. They've sucked for so long that even though their level of suckage has greatly diminshed, I still instinctively think "LOSERS" whenever someone mentions them or I see their logo.

2.The Saints are based in the city of New Orleans, AKA "The Giant Noxious Toilet Of The South Presided Over By The Grand Bald Turd Known As Mayor Ray "Chocolate" Nagin" Previously Presided Over By The Gaping A$$hole Known As Mayor Marc "Monkey Business" Morial!

Now, the city of New Orleans COULD and SHOULD be cleaned up, which WOULD be good for the citizens of New Orleans as well as for the rest of Louisiana, although I'm not sure this would change the way I personally feel about the place. As for the Saints football team, if they would change their name to somethin a bit more aggressive and move to Deadwood South Dakota, I'm certain they would become my favorite team.
Wow! Tell us how ya really feel Al. The Saints are about as interesting and deserving of one's support as any other team when you get right down to it. Truthfully, I just cant seem to care enough or make myself care enough about sports like this one way or another. I suppose that makes me unusual/odd, but its true. I mean, think about it, you've got two opposing forces which are pointlessly, obsessively consumed with moving an eliptical leather bag up and down 100 yards of turf, risking serious injury or worse. So ok, they're getting paid to do it, but I'm not getting paid to watch it, know what I'm saying? I mean, can we possibly make this activity more mindnumbing?
GuardChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardChief View Post
Wow! Tell us how [ya really feel Al. The Saints are about as interesting and deserving of one's support as any other team when you get right down to it. Truthfully, I just cant seem to care enough or make myself care enough about sports like this one way or another. I suppose that makes me unusual/odd, but its true. I mean, think about it, you've got two opposing forces which are pointlessly, obsessively consumed with moving an elliptical leather bag up and down 100 yards of turf, risking serious injury or worse. So OK, they're getting paid to do it, but I'm not getting paid to watch it, know what I'm saying? I mean, can we possibly make this activity more mind numbing?
Please the "MOB" and they will love (pay) you for it. Yes much like Rome. You always count on Al to tell it how it is
Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:

I wonder who Sports Illustrated is going to pick now
Old 09-16-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Please send help for the New Orleans Saints 21-0 half time
Old 09-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Please send help for the New Orleans Saints 21-0 half time

All goes along just great, with rest of my weekend. just ****in' shoot me
Old 09-16-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

There is always next week. The Saints are just getting off a bit slow. I see the Cowboys have won their first two games just blind luck
Name:  bag.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  832 Bytes

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 09-16-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #15
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
All goes along just great, with rest of my weekend. just ****in' shoot me
Name:  272807d3d64657e2b2163ca69d9d8f25.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  17.7 KB

Sorry LN!!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote