Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
My punishment might sound cruel and lingering, but what about a child that endures a rape for days,or months. Take Jessica in Florida, John Cooey, they say kept her for 3 days. Raping her before buring her alive under his back porch. Don't you think that was not cruel and lingering? Was it quick for her? What about the man that had a room under ground beneath his shed that he kept his victims for days and weeks to torture then kill. Luckily 2 of his victims manage to escape. Where is the justice there? Quick get the abuser, kill him. I think a person who commits a crime against a child needs to be made to think long and hard about what pain he inficted. If you kill him immediately then what did he think about. Some of these victims carry it with them a lifetime. Do you think just because you kill the person they forget.
Hey there Pie I am all for a tall tree and short rope. I posted that because I do not need to have something like that in my mind but then again if I had the death or rape of my child in my mind that I would be crazy anyway and at that point the sky is the limit as to what I might do
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #17
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
My punishment might sound cruel and lingering, but what about a child that endures a rape for days,or months. Take Jessica in Florida, John Cooey, they say kept her for 3 days. Raping her before buring her alive under his back porch. Don't you think that was not cruel and lingering? Was it quick for her? What about the man that had a room under ground beneath his shed that he kept his victims for days and weeks to torture then kill. Luckily 2 of his victims manage to escape. Where is the justice there? Quick get the abuser, kill him. I think a person who commits a crime against a child needs to be made to think long and hard about what pain he inficted. If you kill him immediately then what did he think about. Some of these victims carry it with them a lifetime. Do you think just because you kill the person they forget.
The 8th Amendment protects all Americans from cruel and unusual punishment....even child molesters.

No I don't agree with it. Yes I think torture would be a far greater crime deterrent than 3 hots and a cot like criminals get now, but the law is the law.

If you commit a federal offense by violating the 8th Amendment, what makes you any better than the criminal you are punishing?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #18
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I understand what you say, but you say Admin.8 protects even the molesters. WELL, what admendment protected the victim. I say I would not do the punishment unless it was a law, so that means the laws we have only protect the criminal. Hooray for them. Do you really think 3 meals a day and a cot is punishment for what is infected on the victim.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #19
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
I understand what you say, but you say Admin.8 protects even the molesters. WELL, what admendment protected the victim. I say I would not do the punishment unless it was a law, so that means the laws we have only protect the criminal. Hooray for them. Do you really think 3 meals a day and a cot is punishment for what is infected on the victim.

Actually minors are not afforded all the rights guaranteed in the Constitution....take voting for instance.

...and of course I don't consider 3 hots and a cot an acceptable form of punishment for a child molester, but I don't make the laws, I just agree to abide by them.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:34 PM   #20
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Actually minors are not afforded all the rights guaranteed in the Constitution....take voting for instance.

...and of course I don't consider 3 hots and a cot an acceptable form of punishment for a child molester, but I don't make the laws, I just agree to abide by them.
Brain don't you think that child molesters get more than 3 hots and cot ? What I mean is they are looked down on even in jail and are treated real bad form what I have read.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>WELL, what admendment protected the victim

The Constitution and its Amendments don't protect citizens from each other, they protect citizens from the government.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Brain don't you think that child molesters get more than 3 hots and cot ? What I mean is they are looked down on even in jail and are treated real bad form what I have read.

Depends on the prison really. He could be in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day coming out only 1 hour a day, with only a guard, for shower and exercise. No contact with other inmates means no inmate justice.

Likewise, depending on who it is, he could be in one of these country club prisons we send politicians to.....

Stereotypes exist because some people really are like that, but that doesn't mean it holds true in every single situation.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #23
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
That's right they are treated bad in prison that is why they put sex offenders in solitary because they know what would happen to them. So tell me they aren't still trying to protect them. So children aren't protected by the amendments does that make them exspendable. Just oh their a child it doesn't matter what happens to them because they have no rights.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #24
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Nobody of any age is protected from sexual assault* by The Constitution or its Amendments.

The Constitution guarantees the right to free speech, for example. This means that the government cannot punish you for expressing your opinions, not that NBC has to give you your own show so you can spread them.

*except in the case of state-sponsored sexual assault
Old 05-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
That's right they are treated bad in prison that is why they put sex offenders in solitary because they know what would happen to them. So tell me they aren't still trying to protect them. So children aren't protected by the amendments does that make them exspendable. Just oh their a child it doesn't matter what happens to them because they have no rights.

Being a minor doesn't make one expendable, it makes one a minor.

Kids don't have a "right" to not be molested, molesting a child is a crime....there is a difference.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #26
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>Kids don't have a "right" to not be molested

...by other citizens. They do have a right not to be molested by the state.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #27
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

One of you need to get something straight. Brain says that Admendment 8 protects people from cruel and unuasal punishment. Jo says the amendments protect no one. Now what is going on
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM   #28
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
One of you need to get something straight. Brain says that Admendment 8 protects people from cruel and unuasal punishment. Jo says the amendments protect no one. Now what is going on
The Constitution outlines the powers of the federal government.
The 8th Amendment forbids the government from imposing cruel or unusual punishments.

So technically the 8th Amendment is not "protecting you" but rather limiting the powers of the federal government.....understand?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #29
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

There really needs to be laws that protect our children and not the offender. I say if they hurt a child , their feelings shouldn't matter. Put them in the cell with every one else and let them take their licks. If they can dish it out they need to learn to take it.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #30
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
There really needs to be laws that protect our children and not the offender. I say if they hurt a child , their feelings shouldn't matter. Put them in the cell with every one else and let them take their licks. If they can dish it out they need to learn to take it.

heh....

Putting them in jail isn't cruel and unusual punishment, having them eaten alive by ants is.....