Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Hobbies & Crafts

Notices

Old 03-31-2007, 01:10 AM   #16
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, I'm calling your dog and telling them you said that!!!!!
Yeah well you do that. Pugs are lovable and disgusting at the same time. In fact, they are so lovable because they are so disgusting. It must be a sympathy thing. My pug blows snot every few minutes. Oh, and did I mention she has mange? No joke, that is a genetic trait among Pugs that is a immune difficiency. Apparently all dogs have mange to a low degree but Pugs don't have the genetics to combat the manage so some Pugs "break out" so to speak. Cost me a fortune. I had to poison my Pug with Ivomec for months to fight the manage. She is now in remission. The breeder should never be selling Pugs like mine. But we love her.. sigh, that is the way of it. She is quite happy for now. But I fear the manage will come back in her old age. I hope she lives as long as my beloved (and evil) cats...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 AM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
My mama told me the same thing but I did not listen like the wayward young man I was at the time and now I have a house full of them
Isaac

Growing up, I was allergic to cats. My parents forbid cats. So of course when in college, I couldn't wait to get one! (or two)

LOL, after I got married when we were expecting our first child, my mom thought our cat would suck the breath out of our baby.. Old wives tale... LOL, didn't happen..
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey rhertz you need to post photos of you dog family

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Yeah well you do that. Pugs are lovable and disgusting at the same time. In fact, they are so lovable because they are so disgusting. It must be a sympathy thing. My pug blows snot every few minutes. Oh, and did I mention she has mange? No joke, that is a genetic trait among Pugs that is a immune difficiency. Apparently all dogs have mange to a low degree but Pugs don't have the genetics to combat the manage so some Pugs "break out" so to speak. Cost me a fortune. I had to poison my Pug with Ivomec for months to fight the manage. She is now in remission. The breeder should never be selling Pugs like mine. But we love her.. sigh, that is the way of it. She is quite happy for now. But I fear the manage will come back in her old age. I hope she lives as long as my beloved (and evil) cats...
and for those who do not know how (tbelle) tell them how to upload photos so they can get their 19 animals posted to this thread This is not my time of day feeling a bit sleepy.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:33 AM   #19
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
From the archives.. years ago, when I moved out on my own I bought Casey Jones. An Alaskan Malamute. She was a good ol' dog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	caseybigprinttest.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	657.9 KB
ID:	184

I'm not much of a cat person. But we had a cat for a brief while. Used to like watchin' the fish. Had to give up the cat unfortunately. But you'll be happy to know we found it a good home with ol' AL

Name:	cat.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	185

what did I say, it's puppy Taz

Name:	tazpuppy.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	186

It's adolescent Taz.

Name:	tazwithhat_2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	187

Name:	TazinAction.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	188
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 AM   #20
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Well I have to post a few now and will a few later...

Here is Louis who passed away last year thanks to Killer Tiller...

The next one is Max, then the grandpuppies, then Chanel. We love Yorkies!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LOUIS.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	189  

Name:	Album Two 006.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	472.7 KB
ID:	190  

Name:	Album Two 118.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	192  

Name:	DSCF0355.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	193  

Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:33 AM   #21
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Those are some nice pups you got there lady

Quote:
Here is Louis who passed away last year thanks to Killer Tiller...

The next one is Max, then the grandpuppies, then Chanel. We love Yorkies!
Do those little guys bark much ? I want to see the man eater Rosie on the board so we will know when we see her to run My what a hand full that ***** could be. Anyone ever watched best in show. Hey Anime see if you can find a clip from that movie it is a great spoof on dog people. I am sure you will find Texasbelle as one of the characters in the movie
Isaac
Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yorkies don't get mange! They are perfect. I think they are God's favorite dog!

Do they yap a lot? Max, the fat one, does! I'd love to muzzle him some days. We are working on it. I've been watching lots of The Dog Whisperer. Chanel thinks she has to bark every time she goes out to potty. It is likes she needs to announce to the outside world "Here I come, look out". Christian, whose picture I haven't posted yet, doesn't make too much noise at all. We call him the Dennis the Menace. He's the baby and he loves to play all the time! Always has a toy in his mouth and always antagonizing the other ones. He's brought the old Schnauzer to life.

I'll be posting pictures of Rosie, the man eating snowball this evening!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Beware of Rosie the Kuvasz attack dog

If you see a dog that looks like this run They are very dangerous and have been know to attack.

Name:	Rosie the crazy Kuvasz.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	194
Isaac
After looking at that photo it looks my avatar
Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #24
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yorkies don't get mange! They are perfect. I think they are God's favorite dog!

Do they yap a lot? Max, the fat one, does! I'd love to muzzle him some days. We are working on it. I've been watching lots of The Dog Whisperer. Chanel thinks she has to bark every time she goes out to potty. It is likes she needs to announce to the outside world "Here I come, look out". Christian, whose picture I haven't posted yet, doesn't make too much noise at all. We call him the Dennis the Menace. He's the baby and he loves to play all the time! Always has a toy in his mouth and always antagonizing the other ones. He's brought the old Schnauzer to life.

I'll be posting pictures of Rosie, the man eating snowball this evening!!!
Texasbelle, how do you like your Schnauzer? They don't shed and I love their personalities. Mine think they are human and will talk to you. The only problem is they like to bark a lot. What color is your Schnauzer?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM   #25
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Texasbelle, how do you like your Schnauzer? They don't shed and I love their personalities. Mine think they are human and will talk to you. The only problem is they like to bark a lot. What color is your Schnauzer?
How do we like Greta? She is the matriarch of the house, the Queen Bee!! She doesn't shed which is nice, but Rosie the Kuvasz more than makes up for it. Greta does bark a lot and yes it is annoying. The Yorkies do too. Just think how noisy it is when three Yorkies and one Schnauzer start going off!! It's insane. The only thing I don't like is that Greta, the Schnauzer seems to have skin issues from time to time. We have to be careful with letting her get out in the grass too much, and don't let fleas get on her at all. She's very allergic to a flea bite. The funniest thing about her right now is that at the age of eleven she is in her second childhood. My baby Yorkie is six months old and she loves to play with him. Christian has brought Greta alive. I'll try to capture a picture of them playing so I can post it.

We are still wondering how long we are going to wait before informing any of ours that they are dogs not peoples.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM   #26
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
If you see a dog that looks like this run They are very dangerous and have been know to attack.
Attachment 194
Isaac
After looking at that photo it looks my avatar
I've seen that look once today when a small Yorkie got two near the wrong dog's Dingo bone!!! Not a good thing.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:58 AM   #27
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

So you have had that look today ?

Quote:
I've seen that look once today when a small Yorkie got two near the wrong dog's Dingo bone!!! Not a good thing.
Is that the I am over forty look and do not mess with a mad "female dog" look that you have seen in the mirror ? So when do we meet Rosie and all the horses and the alpha ***** too Did you drink plenty of water. Well been to the school to pick up the daughter from a debate trip and now off to fishing in a hour or so I hope to be back on the board later today or this evening. Cheers all you sleepy heads
Isaac
Old 04-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Thumbs up Try to wake up this pet thread it is a good one

I have had five generations of Border Collies and there is no shortage of photo's of them. I got my first one in 1978 and generation six will be born sometime late in 08 from my female I will post her photo here first then some of my old dogs.

Name:	gracie2.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	195
Gracie the 5th generation.

Name:	3-30-06 001.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	557.5 KB
ID:	196
Blaze the father of Gracie and Gracie at work
I found this other photo for those who will get this joke ??

Name:	O Face.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	197

Give me your "O" Face
Isaac "sons of laughter"
Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #29
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
All those dog years

So I dug out all the dog photos, just for you

It's freakin' monday, time to get back at it.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #30
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Wow! That's a lot of great dogs there. I use to have a German Shepard when I was a kid. He was an unusually talented escapse artist. I named him "Magic" because no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't keep him fenced in or tie up. He always found a way to slip loose and run free.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote