Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Shreveport to begin enforcing new garbage can ordinance

Shreveport began enforcement of its new rules on garbage cans left curbside
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
Shreveport began enforcement of its new rules on garbage cans left curbside
People sure are lazy eh? That's one thing I have never had a problem doing is puttting the can back in the garage or back porch. It's an eye sore to the house if you leave it out.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hey Purple eyes I have missed your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
People sure are lazy eh? That's one thing I have never had a problem doing is puttting the can back in the garage or back porch. It's an eye sore to the house if you leave it out.
I am a good guy on the garbage cans and I like to see them up but to pay a fine well I think they did it because of the media only time will tell. You have been missing and we are missing your great post so let it all hang out
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Oh I dont know about this. Yeah, agreed, the yards look much better with the trashbins removed from the curbside, but a fine? Seems a bit draconian, doesnt it? If the trashbin at our place isnt put away that day or the next, its because my wife and I are too damn busy during the workweek and we simply havent gotten around to it yet, thats all. No need to call in the yard gestapo!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Good to see Scarlett back!!!! Another chick around!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #6
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 234 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Good to see Scarlett back!!!! Another chick around!!!

Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Oh I dont know about this. Yeah, agreed, the yards look much better with the trashbins removed from the curbside, but a fine? Seems a bit draconian, doesnt it? If the trashbin at our place isnt put away that day or the next, its because my wife and I are too damn busy during the workweek and we simply havent gotten around to it yet, thats all. No need to call in the yard gestapo!
I'm not trying to argue here but there is a limit on leaving the can out by the curb. I say the first night you can get away with it but after that time to pick it up. Most of the time they smell (heck it's a garbage can) I know when I lived in Bossier you were sent a letter from the HOA if you left your can out on the side of the house. It had to be put in the back of the house or in the garage. Most people don't like rules and feel that they should be able to do what they want to do if they live there, well if you are in a sub w/ an HOA, you can't thats what you pay dues for.

I have lived both in the country and in the city and with hoa rules and non-hoa rules. I personally love the HOA RULES! No boats, broken down cars in the front yards, rules on how out of control your garden can get, how dirty your house and roof can be etc. I live by those rules now and have been warned just recently. I pay 125.00/month to live here as does everyone else they just want to keep the community looking good and I'm all for it.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I pay 125.00/month to live here as does everyone else they just want to keep the community looking good and I'm all for it.
A $125/month HOA fee ?

They should freakin' take out my trash, and put it up for me for that much
We pay a few dollars each year, for some guy who maintains the neighborhood entrance, keeps it well landscaped with flowers etc. and pays the electric bill for the lighting.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote