Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 02-20-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post What Do You Think Of Civil Unions For Gay Couples?

Shortly after midnight, Steven Goldstein and Daniel Gross renewed their vows as New Jersey became the third state in the nation to offer civil unions for gay couples.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The Gay people do contibute to our tax base

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
Shortly after midnight, Steven Goldstein and Daniel Gross renewed their vows as New Jersey became the third state in the nation to offer civil unions for gay couples.
I think I am ok with them getting equal benefits from the government they do pay taxes too. I do not think that any church of any kind should marry them in the name of God. Civil union ok God Blessed marriage no I do not hate gay people and find many of my customers that are gay are much easier to deal with than most others. We do not have to talk about their sex life or mine far as that goes so respect is the order of the day.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I can agree to some of that. I think they should have legal rights as far as marriage goes. I'm not about to open the can on spiritual rights. But as far as my personal composure goes, my position is the same as that in the military. "Don't ask, don't tell....and NO PDA!!!"
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
LAF

The zealot thinks we should change the laws to not only dismiss the First Amendment and separation of church and state, but also to give special rights to a minority of the American population..

And you have the audacity to call others anti-American?

Do you even know what the word means?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
we already give special privileges to the minorities... too numerous to count, However, the minority today may be the majority of the future...JUST A LITTLE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS NEVER HURTS...what happen to the golden rule.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Lions Welp

Rep Power: 0 Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about Lions Welp has a spectacular aura about
People are going to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I can agree to some of that. I think they should have legal rights as far as marriage goes. I'm not about to open the can on spiritual rights. But as far as my personal composure goes, my position is the same as that in the military. "Don't ask, don't tell....and NO PDA!!!"
If some one is gay they can not hide it from all the people all the time. The don't ask don't tell is kind of a PC thing. I feel if they obey the law and pay their bills then they are just as American as I am. I must say civil union sounds better than a church ordained marriage but to me churches are political factions too and the in fighting that goes on in many denominations at the top levels is worse than the problems on a local level.
Lions Welp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 PM   #7
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 228 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
At least it will give more mathematicians a job. Have to recalculate life expectancies, and all risk associated... potential rate hike in the near future to share the extra burden.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Civil Union? LOL, sometimes my marriage isn't very civil at all!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
we already give special privileges to the minorities... too numerous to count, However, the minority today may be the majority of the future...JUST A LITTLE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS NEVER HURTS...what happen to the golden rule.

Call me an optimist, but I'm not really worried about homosexuals becoming a majority in America.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I don't have a problem with civil unions. Marriage should be between a man and woman, though. Sorry, but there is a difference. Gay couples should be able to receive the same health benefits, etc. as married couples. I assume a civil union would allow these benefits.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Geez! They already have San Fran Sicko, if not the entire state of Homofornia...now they want marriage or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Enough already! Get back in the closet ya freaks!
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
As a child of the 60's, I always thought that pot would be decriminalized before two same sex partners could ever get married. In fact, the latter never even crossed my mind until the last 6 years or so when the subject first came up in the news. Isn't sodomy even within marriage still illegal in some states? Seems like they would have to reverse that law first.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote