Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 AM   #136
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well, there were none in fact bearing the words "In God We Trust" in 1776, however the phrase did first appear on the first coin, a 2 cent coin, in 1864.
Nearly 100 years later. How many of those "all" christian Founding Fathers were still around at that time?

LAF
Quote:
It was officially adopted as the phrase to appear on every coin in the 1950's. So Brain, apparently it's been in use in this country for a long, long time.
Actually 57 years is less than 1/4th of the time our country has been in existence.

Still doesn't support your false belief that all of the founding fathers were christian, does it?
Quote:
It means something to a lot of people and it looks like that they were apparently the founders of this country. If you don't like it, don't spend the money.
I have no desire to change the phrase, remove it, or affect/alter it in any way, shape, or form....I'm a conservative.

The argument is that all of the Founding Fathers were not christian and you have failed miserably at proving that they were (if you even remember that WAS the point)
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #137
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
I just had to look up your website out of curiosity to see what all the fuss is about and low and behold you have a large and nice looking family! I have a hard time believing that all those loved ones are atheists! Surely you wouldn't call some of those sweet little Christian ladies "scum??" I mean you are calling your photos Christmas and Easter pics so I'm guessing y'all are celebrating Christian holidays?

Pocahontas
You are absolutely correct in assuming some of my Family are Christian, but certainly not all of them, and none of them sit at home reading the bible to themselves on a daily basis.

As for celebrating "christian" holidays...that's a bit of a stretch. Are you of the opinion that we can't have a Christmas get together and not pray one single time? Are you of the opinion that we can't enjoy each others company without considering the sacrifices your "savior" made for humanity? Are you of the opinion that since I'm not Christian that my employer doesn't give me Christmas day off with pay just like everyone else?

Well, you are sadly mistaken.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #138
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I've never met an atheist to my knowledge, so I can't help but wonder this. What holidays do they celebrate if they don't agree with the traditions or belief systems behind them? With that, do atheists still get their holidays off from work?

Seems to me I remember you stating you weren't a christian either....don't you get Christmas day off of work AND celebrate it with family and friends just like everyone else?
Old 04-10-2007, 07:11 AM   #139
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
This brings up an intriguing point. If being heterosexual or homosexual is determined in part by genetics, then why can't religious or atheist behavoir also be alleged to be determined in part by genetics?

It is, except the term we use is called intelligence.

There are Unintelligent people who will believe anything as long as you find the proper source from which to deliver the message. For some people it's the Bible, for others it's a liberally biased Newspaper......then there are intelligent people
Old 04-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #140
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR

There are Unintelligent people who will believe anything as long as you find the proper source from which to deliver the message. For some people it's the Bible, for others it's a liberally biased Newspaper......then there are intelligent people
You know Brain there are some people who are just so sick, so paranoid, so arrogant, and so determined no matter what to be right that you just can't argue with me. They are so pathologically abnormal in their brain that they can't be helped. You fit in that category. I feel sorry for you. You have convinced yourself that you are 100 % correct and the rest of us are 100% wrong. It's so sad for as long as you keep up this logic you are going to have a sad life. You'll still five years from now be on this personal ads looking for love, still being accused of murder, still be arguing with everybody you meet, and never know what joy you are missing out on.

I wish you well. I hope you will learn to listen and take things to heart and open your heart. I wonder what happened to make it so hard. The first thing you could learn is to answer a question with a sentence not a question.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 AM   #141
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
You know Brain there are some people who are just so sick, so paranoid, so arrogant, and so determined no matter what to be right that you just can't argue with me. They are so pathologically abnormal in their brain that they can't be helped. You fit in that category. I feel sorry for you.
But bowing to figments of the imagination is perfectly "normal" to you.
Quote:
You have convinced yourself that you are 100 % correct and the rest of us are 100% wrong.
Absolutely have not, so I'll repeat the challenge.

Prove the existence of your god and I'll believe. It's that simple.....unfortunately you will have to provide undeniable facts and evidence.....and we both know that's IMPOSSIBLE.

Quote:
It's so sad for as long as you keep up this logic you are going to have a sad life. You'll still five years from now be on this personal ads looking for love, still being accused of murder, still be arguing with everybody you meet, and never know what joy you are missing out on.
What makes you think I'm looking for one woman to share my life with? Are you people so closed minded that you think everyone should follow your examples of what constitutes happiness?

Get real, I'm 36 years old and you've seen my picture....do you REALLY think I couldn't be married with children if I wanted to be? Has your belief in god and the bible really made you THAT stupid?
Quote:
I wish you well. I hope you will learn to listen and take things to heart and open your heart. I wonder what happened to make it so hard. The first thing you could learn is to answer a question with a sentence not a question.
Yeah well that's the difference between people like you and people like me. I think with my brain, not my heart.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #142
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I would not post any family photos of my family

Quote:
YOU call me brain, I call myself BrainSmashR. So the question is what are you trying to overcome?

Well if my family or I were horrible inbred beasts, I'd feel the same way about them as you do about your family too.
Do all of the people on your web site know you post their pictures ? I sure would not post pictures of my family for all the nuts on the web to look at and copy and use as they see fit. If I had a bad mullet like you I would never post that picture Now as far as inbred you should never be talking about that Abby I have to wonder with your post if your family tree is with out branches
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #143
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Do all of the people on your web site know you post their pictures ? I sure would not post pictures of my family for all the nuts on the web to look at and copy and use as they see fit. If I had a bad mullet like you I would never post that picture Now as far as inbred you should never be talking about that Abby I have to wonder with your post if your family tree is with out branches
Isaac

1. What I do on my website is of no concern to anyone else. I pay the bills my say is final.
2. Yes, everyone is aware of the photos on my website. It's how we share with friends and family who were unable to attend said event for whatever reason.
3. As I stated earlier, If my family were a bunch of inbred basement dwellers, I'd be embarrassed to post their photos just like you.

4. And last, but certainly not least. How stupid must one be to not be able to date photographs by hairstyles and clothing? I swear, when I think you couldn't possible be any dumber than the piles of dog**** in my back yard, you come around and prove me wrong again and again.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #144
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Calling God a "figment of the imagination" is the ultimate act of sticking your head in the sand. Funny how the three main religions all share the same "figment of the imagination" (Abraham's God) Mathematically, what are the chances of millions having the exact same dream? Not good, but that is the ground you choose to stand upon.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #145
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I see where you are headed Brainsmashr. I believe in the near future, it will become increasingly politicly incorrect to bash someone like you who is, how do I put it, genetically challenged to believe in God. It's not your fault that you may have been shorted in the neurological gene pool.

Are humans hard-wired for faith?

"Dr. Newberg suggests that these brain scans may provide proof that our brains are built to believe in God. He says there may be universal features of the human mind that actually make it easier for us to believe in a higher power."

It would appear by the good Doctor's research that you got short changed somehow. Again, not your fault any more than it would be your fault if you were gay.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:57 PM   #146
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Abby everthing you post on "your" web site is public info

Quote:
1. What I do on my website is of no concern to anyone else. I pay the bills my say is final.
2. Yes, everyone is aware of the photos on my website. It's how we share with friends and family who were unable to attend said event for whatever reason.
3. As I stated earlier, If my family were a bunch of inbred basement dwellers, I'd be embarrassed to post their photos just like you.

4. And last, but certainly not least. How stupid must one be to not be able to date photographs by hairstyles and clothing? I swear, when I think you couldn't possible be any dumber than the piles of dog **** in my back yard, you come around and prove me wrong again and again.
They are coming to take him away ha ! ha ! Off to the funny farm for the brain and a long sleeve jacket. One flew east and one flew west and brain flew over the Cuckoo's nest. Oh Abby you will not miss your dog piles in your back yard there will be human piles where your going to end up oh and when they check you in off with the mullet !
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #147
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
I agree with rhertz. Calling anyone's God an "imaginery being" is very persumptuous and arrogant, Brain. However, you're entitled to your opinion so long as you don't try to feed it to us by force.

Let's try a similar analogy to this one. Let's say you were married to a woman that you sincerely find attractive. Let's say you go out with this woman and some guy walks up and comments that your wife is ugly. That may be his honest opinion even though your honest opinion differs. However, it was still very rude of him to say and you'd probably feel compelled to lay him out for making that comment.

It doesn't matter what the truth is because the truth is entirely personal. However attempting to imply that your personal truth is the ultimate truth is arrogant and some might consider it rude.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #148
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I agree with rhertz. Calling anyone's God an "imaginery being" is very persumptuous and arrogant, Brain. However, you're entitled to your opinion so long as you don't try to feed it to us by force.

Let's try a similar analogy to this one. Let's say you were married to a woman that you sincerely find attractive. Let's say you go out with this woman and some guy walks up and comments that your wife is ugly. That may be his honest opinion even though your honest opinion differs. However, it was still very rude of him to say and you'd probably feel compelled to lay him out for making that comment.

It doesn't matter what the truth is because the truth is entirely personal. However attempting to imply that your personal truth is the ultimate truth is arrogant and some might consider it rude.
Way to go Anime'. You knocked it out of the park with this analogy!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #149
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=BrainSmashR]You are absolutely correct in assuming some of my Family are Christian, but certainly not all of them, and none of them sit at home reading the bible to themselves on a daily basis.

As for celebrating "christian" holidays...that's a bit of a stretch. Are you of the opinion that we can't have a Christmas get together and not pray one single time? Are you of the opinion that we can't enjoy each others company without considering the sacrifices your "savior" made for humanity? Are you of the opinion that since I'm not Christian that my employer doesn't give me Christmas day off with pay just like everyone else?

Well, you are sadly mistaken.[/QUOTE

At all of our Christmas get togethers there are prayers and blessings. The family gatherings would sure be alot more meaningful if you did remember the sacrifices our Savior made. Your employer is required to give you the day off I never said otherwise.
Okay so I answered all of your questions without a question. Can you answer mine? Since you are calling ALL Christians "scum on the top of the pond" that would include YOUR Christian relatives as well??
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #150
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Anime- Where is that Smiley shooting the arrow when Pocahontas needed it??????????????????????