Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Entertainment

Notices

Old 03-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #16
FACT

Rep Power: 0 FACT is just really nice FACT is just really nice FACT is just really nice FACT is just really nice
Who cares about spoiled Britney. If she really wants to become a happy person she needs to start thinking of others instead of herself. Look at Angelina & Brad, they give their money to help others. Opray Winfrey does the same.
________
O370

Last edited by FACT; 04-24-2011 at 01:01 AM.
FACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My view on this may be a bit warped. It comes from my often 180 opposite mentality. (from the norm that is)

For example, I feel sorry for anyone who wins Powerball. Why? Well because chances are that it will distroy their lives, that is why. Most people cannot handle all that money. Heh, it's not in their life's training. Next thing they know, they are on the outs with family and friends for not giving or lending them enough money, or just acting a fool. In many cases, they end up broke after 5 years or so. In extreme cases (Old Mr. Whittaker) they end up being robbed at tittie bars.

It's not the money's fault. If a millionare won Powerball, his life would likely remain stable. It is the mentality of the person who suddenly has 50 million dollars that will either be enhanced by the the additional money, or be distroyed by the additional money. Sure there are successful lottery winners and I'm just saying that these people have different attitudes about money. But I see some stars as simple lottery winners gone amuck. It happens. Nothing could amp up a poor person's life quicker (for good or for bad) than instant millions! I'm buying my ticket for Saturday!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #18
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Agreed, Rhertz. I think it would also have alot to do with the kind of person who suddenly gets a windfall. If that person has a selfish nature to begin with, the money will only highlight that sad fact. But there'll be those people who win, and their first thought will be "Wonderful! Now I can help SOOO many people, I can do SOOO much good with it!" And when you do good things, when you regularly practice generosity, you reap ten-fold the rewards.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #19
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
My view on this may be a bit warped. It comes from my often 180 opposite mentality. (from the norm that is)

For example, I feel sorry for anyone who wins Powerball. Why? Well because chances are that it will distroy their lives, that is why. Most people cannot handle all that money. Heh, it's not in their life's training. Next thing they know, they are on the outs with family and friends for not giving or lending them enough money, or just acting a fool. In many cases, they end up broke after 5 years or so. In extreme cases (Old Mr. Whittaker) they end up being robbed at tittie bars.

It's not the money's fault. If a millionare won Powerball, his life would likely remain stable. It is the mentality of the person who suddenly has 50 million dollars that will either be enhanced by the the additional money, or be distroyed by the additional money. Sure there are successful lottery winners and I'm just saying that these people have different attitudes about money. But I see some stars as simple lottery winners gone amuck. It happens. Nothing could amp up a poor person's life quicker (for good or for bad) than instant millions! I'm buying my ticket for Saturday!
Yeah, I've heard that same thing! They say 4 of every 5 lottery winners are bankrupt within 5 years of winning. The first thing that happens after winning is every looter and deadbeat you have ever met will emerge from the woods with their hand out to you. And you will be absolutely suprised to see how many such vultures will be right in your own family. If you can't learn to say "NO," you will find yourself over lending your fortune away.

Another big problem is people go out after winning and buy a house, new car, a boat, and all sorts of great stuff and the taxes come back to bite them in the @$$ because Uncle will always want his share of your big purchases.

I think I'll start a thread on this.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote