Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Gilbert Dr. (a longshot photo request)

I don't see it here, but does anyone have a photo of the house that was torn down for David Tom's home on Gilbert - the corner one with the pond? Just saw something on the Fannin(?) blog about the lake being gone now. Reminds me of how long I've been away since last visit home.

Or some history of the property?

I lived down the street -bottom of Thrill Hill (which is worth some stories too). A friend and I would bike over to the pond to fish. Once we were caught in a giant thunderstorm (with hail) and the elderly lady of the house saw us and invited us in via the side door under that large overhang where we were sheltering.

She had her maid fetch us a couple of those little 8oz cokes "from the icebox" and we chatted until we could leave.

And what a fine house lost.

We'd also fish on the pond on the property at NE side Gilbert and Pierremont where the condos are now. http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...&t=h&z=17&om=1

Damn - I sound like Huck Finn.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote