Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Doctor Gets A Shot Of His Own Medicine!

A former Shreveport doctor who pleaded guilty in December to drug distribution and health-care fraud charges was sentenced Wednesday to more than 16 years in prison.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
What do they call a doctor that graduates last in his class ?

A Doctor What do you call a doctor that abuses his power ? A felon !
Seems that they are cleaning out the closet in Shreveport when it comes to doctors and this will make room for the up and coming new doctors.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
ummmmmmmmmm but there are more than a few who have gotten away with this same thing, continue to get away with it, and have gotten away with worse. What about checking out some of their MySpace pages? What about some of them who have drug problems of their own? Oh I could go on and on.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
So it is not a business but a practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
ummmmmmmmmm but there are more than a few who have gotten away with this same thing, continue to get away with it, and have gotten away with worse. What about checking out some of their MySpace pages? What about some of them who have drug problems of their own? Oh I could go on and on.
Like many things in life, not enough is bad and to much is bad. I think the doctors know when they see a customer if they have a drug problem. Money talks to some doctors Texasbelle I would like to hear more on your thoughts on this subject. I know you work very close to people that need meds in a major way.
Isaac
Old 03-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to respond to you Isaac but I really needed to speak out on this one.

Yes, there are physicians and folks in the medical field with problems. There are many of these people who have had their licenses suspended, reinstated, and the such and the patient is NEVER aware that there is a problem. This is wrong in my eyes that it is kept so quiet. The only way a patient can ever find out is if they check the website for the State Board of Medical Examiners and that doesn't tell them much. To get the real information they have to pay for it. I think it is wrong. Don't you think if you are considering surgery from Dr. X that you should know that he recently had his license suspended because of a drug addiction. Don't you think if you are taking your mentally ill son to Dr. B that you are entitled to know that she has a drug addiction and has been to rehab six times and lost her license for two years? I think it should be information they have to hand out to you before they see you. I don't want the anesthesiologist putting me to sleep before my surgery to be the same person who is battling a drug addiction. These people are not routinely drug tested either. There is a serious flaw in this system and patients are being put in jeopardy on a daily basis.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

I could not agree more it is long over due

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I forgot to respond to you Isaac but I really needed to speak out on this one.

Yes, there are physicians and folks in the medical field with problems. There are many of these people who have had their licenses suspended, reinstated, and the such and the patient is NEVER aware that there is a problem. This is wrong in my eyes that it is kept so quiet. The only way a patient can ever find out is if they check the website for the State Board of Medical Examiners and that doesn't tell them much. To get the real information they have to pay for it. I think it is wrong. Don't you think if you are considering surgery from Dr. X that you should know that he recently had his license suspended because of a drug addiction. Don't you think if you are taking your mentally ill son to Dr. B that you are entitled to know that she has a drug addiction and has been to rehab six times and lost her license for two years? I think it should be information they have to hand out to you before they see you. I don't want the anesthesiologist putting me to sleep before my surgery to be the same person who is battling a drug addiction. These people are not routinely drug tested either. There is a serious flaw in this system and patients are being put in jeopardy on a daily basis.
Doctors work for themselves and the rest of the hospital works for the Corp. type administrator and they are checked. I would like you to post the sites to check on local Doctors for everyone to see. Good post
Isaac