Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Druggin Dad locked boy in cage

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/03/kids.cages.ap/

Quote:
A boy was locked up in a small dog cage when he was being punished and while his father used drugs, and he sometimes had to wear a shock collar, authorities said.
I have an idea! Let's attach that collar to that @$$hole's pocket snake and whale on the remote control for it. What an @$$!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
And we say bad parents how. We should not forget the child has no rights. 61 pounds, 10 years old UH
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
Absolutely horrible. One more poor child scarred for life and to be raised by the tax payers of America. Some people should just be extinguished.
sassy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy1
Absolutely horrible. One more poor child scarred for life and to be raised by the tax payers of America. Some people should just be extinguished.
Liquidated is how the Russians would put it. I think about two months in jail and let the booty bandits have him and let him know he is going to fry then get it done.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy1
Why do you say this child is scarred for life? Yes he will have scars but this does not have to determine his future. With the right help and right home from this point forward, he can have a great future. I have seen some tragic situations turned into very positive situations. It just requires work, determination, and prayer.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Prents

This is a real shame. Their are people out there praying that they can have kids to love and enjoy, and then these 2 pieces of trash treat theirs this way. Killin's too good for them!
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
What's so bad about being locked in a cage? We "locked" our daughter in a crib for two years. Now we lock her in her room.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Now we lock her in her room.
I hope you're not serious. Keeping a kid under lock and key is heartless and wrong. Kids yearn to run free more than adults do.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
My daughter is 2 years old. If we didn't lock her in her room at bedtime she would destroy the second floor of our house and likely break her neck diving down the stairs.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
sassy1

Rep Power: 0 sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough sassy1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Why do you say this child is scarred for life? Yes he will have scars but this does not have to determine his future. With the right help and right home from this point forward, he can have a great future. I have seen some tragic situations turned into very positive situations. It just requires work, determination, and prayer.
Perhaps he will turn out ok...but odds are against it.. First off, he will probably go from foster home to foster home...how stable is that. Secondly, prayer is good and important but does not erase the psychological abuse that has already happened. Why do I say scarred for life...because things that horrific are not forgotten. Yes, he may trump on...but I'm also realistic. He will be scarred for life. He may still have a good future but will always be scarred psychologically.
sassy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #11
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

I see your point. This boy will go the rest of his life knowing that his parents treated him like a dog.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Jo we have an extra cage if you would like to try it. We'll even buy you an electric collar too. I wouldn't want you to miss anything. I filith of a person that done that had the gall to get on tv and say that when the child would get out of the cage, the child would steal his food out of the fridge. The idiot says he is diabectic and needs that food more.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #13
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Two questions for TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Were you ever abused as a child? Have you ever had foster children in your home? We have... Scars are not easily erased. The analogy that psychologists use is that children have a bucket that is filled on a daily basis with love, nurture, teaching, prayer, etc. A child who has been abused in any manner comes to you with a hole in his bucket.

You can work & work to fill their bucket with the same love, nurture, teaching, and prayer that you use with your own kids, but it simply goes through the hole. And unfortunately, you can just hand them a shiny, new bucket. He will have scars and to deny them is to deny that he survived.

I think there's an extremely important word left out of your list (work, determination, and prayer) and that's patience to walk through the healing process. My prayer is for someone to reach out to him and offer him the hope of a future and the willingness to give what it takes to get there.

Then the scars are simply a sign that inward healing has taken place.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Sheba, yes in my life I have been on the receiving end of the abuse. No, it was not to the depth this child has endured. I have witnessed much abuse of others as well. Everyone will have their own perspective on this but from my very personal experience with it I can say that it can be overcome. This child should not automatically be labeled a disaster and a future expense to the taxpayers. Yes, he is going to have scars that will daily remind him of what he endured but given all of the right circumstances in the upcoming future they can also remind him and everyone around him of what can be overcome.

I also disagree that the bucket always has a hole. I could walk around everyday feeling very sorry for myself, but through a whole lot of love, patience, perserverance, and strong will I don't. I made the choice to look at my whole life as a cup that is half full. This child deserves the chance to accomplish the same thing and hopefully no one is standing around him saying "You're doom and scarred from here on out." Those are not the words he needs. He will face his scars, his wounds, and all that he has endured. And yes, he can go forward to a world of joy.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #15
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
They should lock that father in the same cage and throw away the key!! That is just so unfathomable to me how someone could do that to a child!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote