Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Local News

Notices

Old 10-10-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Shreveport Marine Dies in Iraq Friday

DAMN IT! I hate to hear this..

Shreveport Times
Quote:
A Shreveport Marine, a 2005 graduate of Huntington High School and former co-captain of its Raiders football team, has died in Iraq.

Lance Cpl. John Edward Hale, a Marine for barely one year and in Iraq for three months, died Friday Shreveport time when an improvised explosive device detonated near his patrol in Anbar Province, his family says.

"John was so many things, it's hard to put into words," said his sister Paula Moreno, a Shreveport police detective. "He was in Junior ROTC all his time in high school, and he was in the hiking club. He had friends everywhere, and was active in his church."

As with many people, the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, on the East Coast galvanized Hale, his sister said. "He was very moved when 9-11 happened, and that was when he made up his mind to join the Marines."
I know for many families right here in the Ark-La-Tex they have family, sons, daughters, wives or Husbands, or friends serving in are armed forces over in Iraq. I can only imagine the amount of stress this must cause. I can only give thanks to those few who give the ultimate sacrifice.

My problem is sending these young troops into a foreign country to do what amounts to "policing" a country, is crazy. They weren't trained to "police" they are soldiers trained for combat. You can't have them walking around waiting to get blown up or shot at FIRST before they can start shooting.. once you do that, there's problems. My prayers and thoughts are with the Hale family.

Rough Rider.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
God Bless America !

My prayers and thoughts are with his family and I know his soul is home
with God. I would say that I pray for all our troops and the families that
are home having to watch the news and worry about there loved ones.
I did not know the young man but if I had I would have been very proud
to have known him. He was fighting for a very just cause.
God Bless his family !!

Isaac-Saxxon
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote