Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 08-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Milk Prices Are Soaring Upward

The average retail price of a gallon of whole milk has never been higher -- $3.80 a gallon -- according to July Department of Agriculture statistics. Experts blame the price spike -- up 51 cents since February -- on milk shortages in Europe and Australia.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I pay much more than that for a good bottle of wine. No moooooooo juice drinkers at my house. Dairy farmers have been under paid for years. I hope the increase will partly go to the farmer. I did pay my way through college working on a dairy at LA Tech. Here is very young Isaac
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0099.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	1332
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
my kids drink almost 5 gals. a week. It's gotten to where now I don't push them to drink more milk. I blame the price increase on George Bush and his BIG MILK cronies and also Global warming. The Dems. have always said Bush and the Republicans wnated to starve our kids.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Experts blame the price spike -- up 51 cents since February -- on milk shortages in Europe and Australia.
Are we shipping milk over there to cover their shortages? Why don't we send them some cows instead?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I pay much more than that for a good bottle of wine. No moooooooo juice drinkers at my house. Dairy farmers have been under paid for years. I hope the increase will partly go to the farmer. I did pay my way through college working on a dairy at LA Tech. Here is very young Isaac
Attachment 1332
Awe Isaac.....you're a cutie!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Look how skinny he WAS!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
The average retail price of a gallon of whole milk has never been higher -- $3.80 a gallon -- according to July Department of Agriculture statistics. Experts blame the price spike -- up 51 cents since February -- on milk shortages in Europe and Australia.
What did the cost of growth hormones go up??
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Awe Isaac.....you're a cutie!
Why thank you Pokie and I think Tbelle ? I have seen a whole bunch of teats in my day Yep just me and the girls @ 3:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. each day. I could look at their bag and know the number tied around their neck. What I am saying is there are no two teats the same even on the same cow. Much to be learned about the gestation of a woman by keeping up with the breeding charts at the dairy. Same gestation as a human and many, many other similarities. Anybody ever get sprayed by a skunk ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skunk%20485090.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	1337
Me and Molly my first Border Collie back in college days had a to close incounter with one. Lifted a bail of hay with the tractor and in ran Molly and out came the skunk butt first. We both took a big hit the dog got the worst of it and I yacked my guts up. To this day that is the only thing in the woods that I am paranoid of. Skunks will not run for anything they do not have to. NOTHING eats them and they are mostly black. I walk in the woods and come out in the dark that is when they start moving around. If you see one in the day light he might have Rabies or Distemper and the same with a Raccoon go the other way ! Your turn Stinkbelle !!!
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday while on her early morning patrol, Rosie the Kuvasz encountered her first skunk. Not being fearful of anything she apparently she challenged it to leave her area and lost! Rosie and her sidekick Shadow the Siberian Husky got sprayed. Rosie got the most with a face and chest full. Shadow got just a little. He's always behind Rosie ready just to watch and be there "just in case". At 6:00 in the morning yesterday I was bathing Ms. Rosie in tomato juice. What a way to start the day!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Isaac you need to be very cautious when comparing women to cows! That can be dangerous territory!!

Oh Belle the stench must have been awful so the tomato juice must really work then? I bet you didn't wretch your guts out like IS did you??

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Cows do have more hair on their teats Now as far as Belle goes she did not get sprayed her dogs did So it goes.