Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 AM   #106
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
There is no excusing you brain. You are a freak of nature and a insult to all man kind. It is plain to see that working with felons has rubbed off on you big time. You should never use the word honest when referring to yourself that in itself is a lie just like when you said you would not reply to me and put me on your ignore list. Lies that is all you know and have ever known.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #107
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
There is no excusing you brain. You are a freak of nature and a insult to all man kind. It is plain to see that working with felons has rubbed off on you big time. You should never use the word honest when referring to yourself that in itself is a lie just like when you said you would not reply to me and put me on your ignore list. Lies that is all you know and have ever known.
Oh Isaac, I am not worried about the boy. It is always about him and what everyone does to him. As you can see how he has behaved here, he asks for whatever he gets. I have never treated him as bad as he thinks I have. When he was right about something, I always give him credit, when he is not I don't. On every forum, everyone always has the same reactions to his bizarre behavior. He needs to stop and consider, maybe it is not everyone else, it might be him with the problem. He thrives on all this negative attention. It is best if we just ignore him. Don't call him names, don't argue with him.......just ignore is the best medicine. I know better, he knows how to push my buttons, though. Most likely he does not really mean what he says. He takes great pleasure in annoying me.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #108
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Did I say OR imply that you were on welfare, genius? Furthermore a 60' waistline IS my concern because I might be the person driving next to you when your no exercising fatass has a heart attack, and NOT going to doctors is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard but I guess you're just to big of a coward to face what life throws at everyone. Imagine my surprise
Okay, Peabrain, Like I said my 60" waistline is none of your business. For one you feed it or cloth it, so until you do then it does not concern you. [I am talking to someone that don't know the difference between ' means feet " means inches. Where you go to school. School of forever jerks] As far as excerise you don't know what I do, your just guessing. And as far as doctors and being a coward, let me tell you. I had a lump removed last year, I did not tell my kids or my family until the day before my surgery. The only reason they knew then I needed a ride to the hosiptal because I wouldn't be able to drive. So my health is my business not yours. Also you say you lost 50 pounds since Christmas, so El Chumpo where do you get off. Then we have a matter of you talking about disabled children, what kind of monster are you. I bet your mother would slap you stupid. Of course you said one time you were the only one under 50 in your building. What do you do terrorize the elderly in your spare time when your not picking on small children? No matter how many times you change your avatar it still comes back Monster with a capitol M. God help you.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #109
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
When criticizing someone else's grammar, spelling, intelligence, and/or education, it is best to write in a manner that suggests you finished at least the 8th grade.

The monstrosity immediately preceding this post does not.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #110
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
When criticizing someone else's grammar, spelling, intelligence, and/or education, it is best to write in a manner that suggests you finished at least the 8th grade.

The monstrosity immediately preceding this post does not.
Typical joepole.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #111
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Typical joepole.

Factually correct and suggestive of competency? Yes, it is.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #112
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Typical joepole.
Oops, Isabella you forgot to capitalize the "J" in joepole.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #113
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 249 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Joe,
See spot run, run spot run.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #114
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

I don't capitalize my name in my posts, so there's no need for someone addressing me to do so.

I'm not normally a grammar Nazi, but a diatribe against someone else's intelligence/education does lose a chunk of its impact when it's delivered via a blob of paragraph break-less text that suggests the author doesn't know what a question mark is or the difference between "your" and "you're."
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #115
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I don't capitalize my name in my posts, so there's no need for someone addressing me to do so.
Ah but the rules say that names are capitalized. Why don't you use proper grammer? (ducking) pot->kettle->black

Quote:
I'm not normally a grammar Nazi, but a diatribe against someone else's intelligence/education does lose a chunk of its impact when it's delivered via a blob of paragraph break-less text that suggests the author doesn't know what a question mark is or the difference between "your" and "you're."
I've seen worse on Internet boards. I think some folks are even too lazy to bother using whole words imho. gtg, cya, brb, l8r
Old 06-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #116
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Slang and abbreviations are fine. This is informal communication, after all. I, myself, often use too many commas and parentheses in an effort to make posts seem more like spoken conversation.

I always let the occasional its/it's your/you're there/their mix-up slide, but when it's consistently used it's obviously not a typo, it's someone that doesn't know something about the language that they should.

The lack of paragraph breaks is the worst part, it makes the whole thing hard to read.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #117
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>but the rules say that names are capitalized.

No, "the rules" (assuming you mean AP Stylebook) say to use the capitalization protocols of the named person's native language and their particular name. My official name here is "joepole" so it is proper to use it without capitalization.

I don't always follow the APSb, though. For instance, I use the comma between the penultimate item and the conjunction in a list while the APSb says not to. I just like it better and it's generally recognized as correct usage.

APSb: Red, orange and yellow.
joepole: Red, orange, and yellow.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #118
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
APSb: Red, orange and yellow.
joepole: Red, orange, and yellow.
yes I use the latter as well... My teachers didn't seem to approve.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #119
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Are you a teacher? I don't care anything about english. The point I was making to Brain is when you talk about someone's fat it is usually better to use " for inches instead of that ' which means feet. Whoever heard of a 60' butt. If I am wrong then you need help. God help Brain if he had to build a house.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #120
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

And my point was that your "you're so stupid for screwing up something so simple" point is lost when it's delivered in a barely-readable/poorly-formatted post riddled with grammatical and logical errors.