Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > World News

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Remains of Sept. 11 Victim Identified, More Bones Discovered at Ground Zero

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290777,00.html

Quote:
DNA experts have identified the remains of a 42-year-old brokerage executive who died on Sept. 11, 2001, and the medical examiner's office announced the discovery of 35 new human bone fragments in an area near ground zero.
At least another family has closure, may they'll be able to identify some more.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
How does finding tiny pieces of a lost loved one bring closure?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
How does finding tiny pieces of a lost loved one bring closure?
You are such a jerk. What idiot even has to ask the question?

Obviously these families would like to have the closure of being able to bury the body even if the "body" is just some bones. To some people, they are able to move on without this type of closure. Others are not able to quite move on without the "proper" burial of a body and thus being able to have something to bury provides them with this step they need. Whatever they need, we should help provide it to them so that these families can heal.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Why is that obvious? I wouldn't care if, especially six years after the fact, somebody found a scrap of meat that used to be somebody I cared about. At that point it's just trash.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
You are absolutely without a doubt one of the most thoughtless, heartless, and selfish people I have heard had the displeasure of not even having met yet. How can you even live with yourself if you really believe what you just typed? YOU ARE SICK SICK SICK.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 PM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Why is that obvious? I wouldn't care if, especially six years after the fact, somebody found a scrap of meat that used to be somebody I cared about. At that point it's just trash.
Apparently, our opinions of what trash is differ greatly, Joe.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I know what trash is It's spelled JOE.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:20 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
These last 3 posts are nothing but personal attacks which actually makes Joepole's point, and none of the three of you even see it. You make his point. Don't you people get it? Attack the message! (and I hope you win the debate!) Not the messenger! Attacking the messenger is a total cop out!

Don't hate Clinton because he is white, rude, or because his name is Bill. Attack Clinton for what what he did and what he believes in! Don't hate Bush because he is goofy, insensitive, or because he is Texan. Attack Bush because of what he doe and his beliefs.

Same thing should go for joepole and everyone else. Shifting from debate to personal attacks (even if the person deserves it) misses the point of the debate every time. In political terms, vote for the issue, not th person. At least this is how I feel. Because I think the issues are important, whereas people come and go...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 PM   #9
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
These last 3 posts are nothing but personal attacks which actually makes Joepole's point, and none of the three of you even see it. You make his point. Don't you people get it? Attack the message! (and I hope you win the debate!) Not the messenger! Attacking the messenger is a total cop out!

Don't hate Clinton because he is white, rude, or because his name is Bill. Attack Clinton for what what he did and what he believes in! Don't hate Bush because he is goofy, insensitive, or because he is Texan. Attack Bush because of what he doe and his beliefs.

Same thing should go for joepole and everyone else. Shifting from debate to personal attacks (even if the person deserves it) misses the point of the debate every time. In political terms, vote for the issue, not th person. At least this is how I feel. Because I think the issues are important, whereas people come and go...
For one you forgot to duck Also what difference is it when we tell him how thoughtless, unsensitive. and a total jerk he is and you call me prejudiced uhmmm! I have to ask can Joe ever have one nice thing to say.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
For one you forgot to duck Also what difference is it when we tell him how thoughtless, unsensitive. and a total jerk he is and you call me prejudiced uhmmm! I have to ask can Joe ever have one nice thing to say.
LOL, yes I forgot to duck. the difference is is that calling someone things based on feeling is cruel. When I said you are prejudiced, I said so after honest debate and exchange of facts. I did not say it to be mean or to get back at you. I like you piemaker, in spite of your politics. In contrast to how I feel, do you like joepole? See what I mean?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

I also want to point out that that joepole believes that when someone can't win a debate then they often resort to personal attacks to avoid the point. Therefore it is important to stay on topic and not engage in personal attacks (if you really want to win against joepole) Otherwise waste your time and attack him and ignore the point and loose the debate every time. (at least in his mind)

Also joepole may think I am FOS which is fine as long as he proves me wrong.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #12
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
LOL, yes I forgot to duck. the difference is is that calling someone things based on feeling is cruel. When I said you are prejudiced, I said so after honest debate and exchange of facts. I did not say it to be mean or to get back at you. I like you piemaker, in spite of your politics. In contrast to how I feel, do you like joepole? See what I mean?
I don't hate Joe but like I said can he ever have anything nice to say. Why take someone's misery and be unfeeling.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #13
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I'm sure I am not alone when I say that it's hard to respect a man who doesn't respect the dead.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #14
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I also want to point out that that joepole believes that when someone can't win a debate then they often resort to personal attacks to avoid the point. Therefore it is important to stay on topic and not engage in personal attacks (if you really want to win against joepole) Otherwise waste your time and attack him and ignore the point and loose the debate every time. (at least in his mind)

Also joepole may think I am FOS which is fine as long as he proves me wrong.

<How does finding tiny pieces of a lost loved one bring closure?>

< I wouldn't care if, especially six years after the fact, somebody found a scrap of meat that used to be somebody I cared about. At that point it's just trash>

You gonna say that when Joe makes comments like this it is not uncaring, thoughtless. Some people would like closure in the event a loved one died so his views makes him right on every thing and he has the right to say what he wants no matter how it sounds and we can't. Uhmmm! Try telling him to say something nice sometimes then we'll change our mind. The difference here is we say exactly what we think but he is sneaky. He say the same things we do at times but in a sneaky way.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #15
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I'm sure I am not alone when I say that it's hard to respect a man who doesn't respect the dead.
So true!