Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
New Years Resolutions!!

SO what is your new years resolution? I have already lost 12lbs since November 12th and still going strong. I will give an update once a month on mine to let everyone know i have stuck to my resolution.

Now post away!!!!
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
SO what is your new years resolution?

Well to live another year and if the Snow Man does not get some snow down here in the south I am going to loose weight too. When does it snow here if it snows here ?
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Man
Well to live another year and if the Snow Man does not get some snow down here in the south I am going to loose weight too. When does it snow here if it snows here ?
Snow Man
Snow Man, if it snows 'down' here, it's just a freak of nature. And of course due to global warming it'll probably never snow again here

Honestly, last good snow we had I think was New Years Day 2001. Actuallly was able to make a SnowMan with the kids that day.

Seems I remember more snows, more often, or at least a good icing, back in the early 80's late 70's.

I've seen it snow here as early as Thanksgiving, but melt the next day. I'd say January, and February are your best best for some wintry mix.

attached is a picture of my sad little snowman back in 2001
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3a53817a574b8.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	76  

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Snow Man

Hiya Snowman, dunno if you saw this earlier post or not. But here's a reprint:

Quote:
I remember a few good snows in the mid and late 60's. As a kid I even build a snowman or two! It snowed once in November around 1970 but it didn't stick. The best snow that I recall was in 77 or 78 when we got a hefty 8 to 10 inches. I was in high school and remember driving around Shreveport listening to REO Speedwagon's song "Riding the Storm Out".
Thanks for invoking those old memories. I will see about scanning and maybe posting some old pictures here Snowman.
But to answer your question, it hasn't snowed here in quite a while. years. There is always artificial refridgeration. Good luck to you!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Betty Boop

Rep Power: 0 Betty Boop has a spectacular aura about Betty Boop has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
attached is a picture of my sad little snowman back in 2001
say there LateNight, that's one sad looking snowman

Yes, it's been a few years since a good snow.. and the latest one I remember was that 2001 New Years Day snow as well.

what year was it we had that really bad ice storm ? when much of the city was without power for what seemed like almost a week or more ?
Betty Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop
say there LateNight, that's one sad looking snowman

Yes, it's been a few years since a good snow.. and the latest one I remember was that 2001 New Years Day snow as well.

what year was it we had that really bad ice storm ? when much of the city was without power for what seemed like almost a week or more ?
Oh I remember that I believe it was 2001/2002 we had no power for 3 days had to go to the gym (we had a membership) to take showers and all slept in our waterbed OMG it was so cold but it was what we had and all slept in it to keep body heat. We used candles and flash lights to get around the house and of course no internet!!!!!!!

I will search the net to see what the exact date was some people were w/o power for a week I do remember that.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/shv/winterstorm12-00.htm was this it? there was another one not as bad for christmas that same year.
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote