Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
It's too early

O.k. so my crazy dog Taz, she's no barker. But she does have a very specific bark for when someone is here.. like a meter reader, or a UPS delivery etc..

Well here it is 8:30 in the freakin' morning and she lets loose with that very bark. Wakes me up, I jump out of bed and go downstairs to see what's what. She's sitting there on the couch like nothing is going on. So of course I ask her "what the hell you barkin' at?" and she looks at me like I'M crazy.

Ughhh.

Stupid dog "don't you see it ? it's up there!!"

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so what was it?
Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Ok, so what was it?
as far as what she was barking at, that woke me up.. she acted like nothing was up.. (I know I wasn't dreaming, cause I'm not the only one she woke up)

as far as that picture, which is older pic.. she's tracking a squirrel across the yard as it goes from tree to tree.. She tracks them across the yard, to a tree where the squirrel has to make a big leap from one tree to the other.. I've watched her sit and wait.. just as the squirrel is about to make that leap, she BARKS.. I've seen her one time cause the squirrel to falter.. and fall short of the next tree.. where she was waiting, and caught it in her mouth, killing the squirrel instantly.. I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

crazy dog.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Now that is a funny story.

We were sitting outside this morning and I noticed something moving the flowers in a bed near me. My Schnauzer noticed it as well and went nuts. It was a mole in the dirt, but alas the dumb Schnauzer couldn't get it. I think we need to borrow Taz.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

LOL ol' Taz catches moles on a regular basis.. seems as soon as one finds its way into our yard.. she starts to track it, nose to the ground.. finds the right spot, digs real quick and yanks the sucker out of the ground.. she's left quite a few on my back patio over the years..

Not to bad for a Mala-mutt
Old 07-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
LOL ol' Taz catches moles on a regular basis.. seems as soon as one finds its way into our yard.. she starts to track it, nose to the ground.. finds the right spot, digs real quick and yanks the sucker out of the ground.. she's left quite a few on my back patio over the years..

Not to bad for a Mala-mutt
Hey LN you could make some money with a mole hound. May need to start a new group and put up the Taz web site. My Border Collies will dig one out but the yard looks real bad when they finish. I have Gary Larson cutting my yard and he lives to kill moles. One more thing Taz is a sharp looking K-9 and you should be very proud. How old is she ? Would she chase a Pug ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Hey LN you could make some money with a mole hound. May need to start a new group and put up the Taz web site. My Border Collies will dig one out but the yard looks real bad when they finish.
Taz is good about this.. she doesn't "dig" for the sake of digging.. but once she gets a whiff of that mole, a couple of quick strikes to the ground and BAM one less mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I have Gary Larson cutting my yard and he lives to kill moles. One more thing Taz is a sharp looking K-9 and you should be very proud. How old is she ? Would she chase a Pug ?
Taz just turned 7.
yea, she'd probably chase a pug.. as long as it would RUN... I had to care for my mothers beagle for a short while.. and man did she chase that beagle.. all in good fun though..