Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #91
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I will say that I do believe in Big J and am not currently attending any church.
I do feel I am a good example of a Christian. I pray and study for myself. I live a clean life, not pure, but I do my best. I think when IS or any of us make points about other religions it is because we truly believe in the Bible and are reaching out to others. You never know when you might touch someone in a positive way. Yes things get heated sometimes but most Christians are passionate about our beliefs.
Some churches can be quite hypocritical and extreme in their off the mark beliefs and traditions, thus fueling the fire for the non believers. The media etc. also seem to lump all Christians together as some type of nutty Holy Rollers which I'm definitely NOT!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #92
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
Just one point - a person can be a part of any organized religion = Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. That doesn't automatically make them a Christian. To be a "Christian" you have to live a life like Christ. You have to believe that He laid down his life for you - so you may have ETERNAL life. I know many people who are parts of churches both big and small and are headed strait to Hell. Not trying to be ugly, that is just the black and white of the situation. One has to accecpt the free gift of eternal salvation that God so generously gave to us through His Son - Jesus. So, no, Pie - not all of the above are considered Christian, unless they have asked Christ to come live in their hearts and be the Lord of their whole life. God's gift is open to all who will recieve it. All he wants is for the person to be his child.
I fully understand what you are saying. But it guazes the heck out of me when people claim to be a Christian and do the opposite of their teachings or to have a preacher talk about the right and wrong way to live according to the gospel and turn right around the next day to do what they said was wrong to begin with. To me that is two-faced and NO I am NOT referrind to Isaac, this I have witnessed in life. I have seen deacons drink alcohol and go to graet lenghts to hide it. I have seen a preacher with his secretary on his going after it [accidently seen]. Then look at all the child molesters on the news. So I am glad when you said "a person can be a part of any organized religion = Baptist, Mormon, Catholic, etc. That doesn't automatically make them a Christian."
You know I have had Mormans come by my house, I listen to what they say even if I don't agree but I am not rude to them, and I thank them for coming. I don't want for my house to be known as where the *******s live. I have even taken some of the Mormans crayfishing, these people were from Utah and wanted the experience. Each person has their own beliefs and that is fine. But just because Anime is Pagan doesn't make him a bad person and I respect that.
I have read in the bible that Christians were stoned, whipped, and hung on crosses but then all people can say is how pagans were treated. Who was it that was treating Pagans that way?

Last edited by piemaker720; 12-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #93
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Do not judge God by the way people act Pie. The Bible is written to the individual soul not to the so called preacher or priest. Good to see you can still crawfish
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 PM   #94
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Do not judge God by the way people act Pie. The Bible is written to the individual soul not to the so called preacher or priest. Good to see you can still crawfish
I don't judge God by the way people act, I judge people by the way people act. People who read the bible and don't pratice what they read can not be good Christians.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #95
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Always cover your tail
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawfish-Fighting.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1912
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #96
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
There are such things as Christian Wiccans.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #97
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
[QUOTE-Isaac-Saxxon]Sorry Anime but Pagans are looked upon with contempt and many times were destroyed by the Israelites.[/quote]

Yup, the Israelites tried and so did the Roman Catholic Church. The Inquisition even published the Malleus Maleficarum (The Witches Hammer) in an attempt to exterminate Pagans in the 1400s. Fortunately, I'm happy to say, they all failed. We are still here by tens of thousands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't their numerous versions of the Bible, some mentioning Pagans and some do not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb
Anime, you even admitted that different traditions handle what you come back as differently, which one of you are right? can all of you be right? Do you NOT see how ridiculous that is?
It's NOT ridiculous to wonder. It's NOT ridiculous to guess. It's NOT ridiculous to believe.

It IS ridiculous to force your beliefs on others as absolute truth. It IS ridiculous to deny others the right to believe for themselves.

If not for any other reason, the Bill of Rights states that we can believe what we want as far as religion and no one has the right to tell us we are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
There are such things as Christian Wiccans.
I have heard this term before. I have never met someone who applies this label to themselves and I, for one, can't imagine how that would work. It's a novel idea, though.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:15 PM   #98
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Well, a Christian Wiccan is simply someone who believes that Jesus is the Son O' God, etc etc, but also incorporates some of the tenets of Wicca into their belief system. Most Wiccans also believe in the Christian God, known in Wicca as the "Prime Mover"
Old 12-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #99
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
[QUOTE-Isaac-Saxxon]Sorry Anime but Pagans are looked upon with contempt and many times were destroyed by the Israelites.
Yup, the Israelites tried and so did the Roman Catholic Church. The Inquisition even published the Malleus Maleficarum (The Witches Hammer) in an attempt to exterminate Pagans in the 1400s. Fortunately, I'm happy to say, they all failed. We are still here by tens of thousands.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't their numerous versions of the Bible, some mentioning Pagans and some do not?

It's NOT ridiculous to wonder. It's NOT ridiculous to guess. It's NOT ridiculous to believe.

It IS ridiculous to force your beliefs on others as absolute truth. It IS ridiculous to deny others the right to believe for themselves.

If not for any other reason, the Bill of Rights states that we can believe what we want as far as religion and no one has the right to tell us we are wrong.

I have heard this term before. I have never met someone who applies this label to themselves and I, for one, can't imagine how that would work. It's a novel idea, though.[/quote]

There are numerous versions of the Bible and some do not address Pagans those would be translations The Ancient Hebrew addresses them in a big way. You want to be a witch then have a good ride. I choose a different path and it is Christianity and we are all adults and can make our own choices. That is what this life is all about choices. I hope you make goods ones as I hope I make good ones. The facts speak for themselves and no one ever changed their mind because of this board or a post or two.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #100
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I'm gonna have something for this thread later, I have to go work. But, who here is trying to force thier beliefs on you?