Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 12-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #1
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut No chance, "next!"
Old 12-02-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut No chance, "next!"
Hey Vix tell me what you really think The questions on youtube where tainted by the DNC ! The liberals like the net because like this board they can hide behind their screen name. This coming year will be the year of backlash and the DNC will feel the whip of the GOP. I do not know who I will vote for yet. It will be the Grand Old Party and if Ron makes the cut ??? I would vote for him because !!!! I NEVER vote for a democRAT ! NEVER ! I think RP would be a better Libertarian (republican pot heads)
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
If RonPaul smokes the spliff....I would definately vote for him!
Seriously though, I would also vote for him if he was running against the Dems-
Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>RonPaul = RossPerot......good ideas from a nut No chance, "next!"

Exactly. Also, it doesn't help that so many of the people I know that are generally considered to be nuts all LOVE him like I've never seen.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 248 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Just what exactly is it about him or his campaign that makes him a "nut"? Paul is the only true republican candidate, and he exposes the others for the frauds they are. Some of you people scare the hell out of me. But hey, just go right ahead and cast your vote for one of those phony republicans you're all so enamored with.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-02-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Did anybody watch the debate ? Who won ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 273 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Guess none of us apathetic folks watched. I didn't. Sad but true!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
All did well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Did anybody watch the debate ? Who won ?
I watched it and to say who "won" would depend on what you were looking for in a candidate.
I was impressed with several who appeared genuine in their answers including Rudy Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, John McCain and Ron Paul.
I thought Romney sounded plastic, although I've liked his position in the past.
Mike Huckabee seemed to connect with the audience more than the others.
Ron Paul was the most committed to his position. By that I mean he told you how he felt about an issue when others would try to spin it ;IE, the waterboading question. Ron Paul would answer honestly and unbending sometimes amidst booing from the crowd.
I thought John McCain was what has been referred to as sounding the most "Presidential".
Fred Thompson spoke and I heard him but like our day long company meetings... afterward I couldn't tell one thing he said. Like the peanuts cartoon... Waw waw waw wah..wah wah.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
vixweb
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Just what exactly is it about him or his campaign that makes him a "nut"?
If you've heard him speak, you shouldnt even need to ask that. He's a loon.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 269 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Other than your love for this war.. what of his do you disagree with ?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 248 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah, Ive heard him speak many times, including this debate. And he was the only man up there that had any integrity, who wasnt chokin on a mouth full of bullschit like the others. He's the only man I trust to fix what's wrong with this country...hell, he's the only one who can. Charisma? Jesus H. Christ, people! Havent ya had enough of that yet? Another stuffed shirt makin empty promises and lyin his (or her) ass off to get elected...that what ya want? Will ya listen to the man for the love o' God? Ya want another self-servin crook of a politician or do ya want a decent, honest man who believes in personal freedom, who's decisions are guided by the U.S. Constitution, who walks it like he talks it and has the record to prove it, who wants to abolish the IRS, the FED, the Dept of Education and all the other pork and thievery and give the power back to the people? Business as usual aint workin...the system is broke, been broke a long time, and it's time for an overhaul.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 12-03-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote