Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Urgent Message to pray for Ethan Powell

The parents of Ethan Powell send out urgent message to pray

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis is a awesome place. I agree that prayer is needed for young Ethan and his family I have children as many of you do and to think that your child could be in this situation is very hard to think about. I do volunteer work for Shriners and see on a first hand basis just how hard it is on the parents. The kids seem so happy even when faced with a life threating situation. The innocence of the children is a sign to me that God protects the babies. The parents need our prayers as much as young Ethan.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 273 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that little angel still has some fight in him! Let's all remember him in our prayers!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 225 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
done!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
If God isn't going to help a baby unless He gets enough attention/people asking then he's a real a$$hole.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
If God isn't going to help a baby unless He gets enough attention/people asking then he's a real a$$hole.
It's not about giving Him attention. It's about expressing your faith in accordance with his Word. Faith is key to anything happening. If you don't believe something is possible, then it probably isn't possible [for you]. Almost everything that happens in this world is preceeded by someone who believes that it really can happen, be it landing on the moon, distroying not one but two skyscrapers, or saving a life. Faith makes it all happen. You have what you believe in. That could be money, talents, or many other things.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Joehole you are the ultimate rectum
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 259 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>It's about expressing your faith in accordance with his Word.

And if He's not going to do anything to save a baby from dying unless enough enough people express their faith then, again, He's a serious a$$hole.

If a doctor said "I have the skills and ability to operate on this kid and save his life, but I won't do it unless I get 1,000 phone calls from people asking me to." you would think he's an a$$hole, wouldn't you? Why would you hold a god to a lesser standard than a doctor?

Again, if anyone (including God) can save this child and doesn't/won't for any reason (especially one as selfish as "I want attention") that person/deity is a jerk and isn't worthy of praise.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
And if He's not going to do anything to save a baby from dying unless enough enough people express their faith then, again, He's a serious a$$hole..
Why would God do something here on earth that nobody here on earth believes is possible? God needs a certain level of FAITH to work with. Otherwise, we would all be robots or dogs. Man has choice and that separates us from all other living creatures. I'm glad I have choice even if it puts some responsibility on myself to have faith if I want something.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Joehole you are the ultimate rectum
Now that's an ad hominem attack!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:32 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
If a doctor said "I have the skills and ability to operate on this kid and save his life, but I won't do it unless I get 1,000 phone calls from people asking me to." you would think he's an a$$hole, wouldn't you?
No. First the doctor must have faith in his or her ability to save life. if he doesn't have faith then he probably can't or won't save a life. Maybe if a 1000 people said "You can do it", then perhaps that person's faith might swell enough to actually believe it himself and then do it. But he won't do it if he doesn't believe he can.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

So God won't save Ethan because He doesn't believe He can? That's seriously your argument?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #13
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 225 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I think you're playing devil's advocate here Joe and arguing for the sake of argument. You're pretty good at it too, in my limited experience here on the board. But if you're trying to logically argue something as ethereal as faith then its a non sequitur. I also don't think it's fair to ask mortals to guess at the motives or designs of a supreme being. It's just not possible.

Now, arguing whether a doctor is an a$$hole or not...THAT'S fair game. I realize you're not the one who made that comparison. But if you consider that Doctor's have the skills to treat and cure people, but the majority only treat those who can pay....

Last edited by Morpheus; 11-01-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>I also don't think it's fair to ask mortals to guess at the motives or designs of a supreme being. It's just not possible.

Isn't that what the original poster did? Guessed that God wasn't going to save this baby's life unless we prayed to Him?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
>I also don't think it's fair to ask mortals to guess at the motives or designs of a supreme being. It's just not possible.

Isn't that what the original poster did? Guessed that God wasn't going to save this baby's life unless we prayed to Him?
no, I didn't see it that way. is that your interpretation? I'll reread it.