Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 06-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #31
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I think the only band that would be up that early would be Bluegrass and the people that play in those bands for the most part are country folks.
Even with out the music the market has a nice atmosphere about it and that early morning breeze and open market make it nice. One other thing. When you go to local veggie stands they might not have the cleanest place but down at the market they take down and set up twice a week and the place is very clean
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #32
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
I posted some extra pictures I have of the Farmers Market and Hummer and Son Honey. They are here in my photo gallery:

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/sho...29&storycatid=
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Would someone please send me a fresh carrot Matter of fact make that two please
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #34
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Allen for sharing! I don't know if y'all have tried Hummer and Son Honey but it is the best!! They also make BBQ sauce and honey mustard! Give it a try! Yum!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #35
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
It's Tuesday evening and I'm headed down to the Farmer's Market. I'll bring my camera and maybe take a few shots to share. BRB
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #36
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I bet rhertz is doing some LA sweating about now at the afternoon farmers market I take the morning trip myself. Rhertz you better have some good photos to add to this thread tomorrow or tonight
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #37
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My trip to Farmers Market

Isaac-Saxxon, it was haught! Yes I was sweating, but it was worth it. I arrived home with some cut honey comb, tomatos, lady creme peas, pickles, salsa, and a loaf of jalopena cheese bread made fresh this morning by a dude from Australia. So I guess it was worth it. Oh yes, and I came home with pictures.

Picture of the plaza:

Click image for larger version

Name:	plaza.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	803

I met Billy Hummer who is a really nice guy. he was serving samples BBQ beef using his honey BBQ sauce made with longhorn beef from the booth next door to him. I mean to tell you it was awesome. I wanted to buy a pint of it to take home for supper, but it was just a sample on a cracker to feature his sauce and his neighbors longhorn beef. I would have to buy some beef and some BBQ sauce and make it myself. I'm too lazy for that. Billy let me take his picture. LOL, he sure is getting lots of exposure on shreveport.com.

Name:	hummer.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	801

This was one of my favorite booths. It was almost all "heirloom tomatos". I had no idea what they were at first. Freaky things in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I bought a pint of brown cherry tomatos cause I liked how the sample tasted. (more burgundy in color)

Name:	toms.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	804

Cool pic of blueberries. I'm no photographer but accidents do happen!

Name:	blue.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	800

Ruston Peaches!!

Name:	peach.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	802

And even some veggies!

Name:	veg.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	805

Rhertz out!!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #38
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Thanks Allen for sharing! I don't know if y'all have tried Hummer and Son Honey but it is the best!! They also make BBQ sauce and honey mustard! Give it a try! Yum!
Pokey, that sauce is awesome. I'm still licking my chops (from the sample) But I didn't buy any! I think I will go back on Sat or next Tue and pick up a bottle or two. Yeah I read the article and figured yeah Billy sells honey so he sells another "me too" BBQ sauce. Not true. I don't know if it was his BBQ sauce or the longhorn beef that made the sample so good, but I might go back next week and offer them a few bucks for 4 or 5 "Hummer Longhorn BBQ Crackers" main course!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #39
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you tried it! I thought it would be popular.

Oh and how about those Ruston peaches? I'm going over this weekend to get some and enjoy putting in some time at the Peach Fest. It has some great live music and other fun activities.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #40
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:

Oh and how about those Ruston peaches? I'm going over this weekend to get some and enjoy putting in some time at the Peach Fest. It has some great live music and other fun activities.
I didn't buy any peaches. Did I mess up? I did buy some lady cream peas because I remember someone posted about them here and I figured they must be good. I've been munching on chips and salsa while catching up. The salsa is (was) really good!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:16 AM   #41
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I didn't buy any peaches. Did I mess up? I did buy some lady cream peas because I remember someone posted about them here and I figured they must be good. I've been munching on chips and salsa while catching up. The salsa is (was) really good!
So rhertz you could not make that morning trip I am glad you made the afternoon trip. I have never gone down there in the afternoon. I enjoyed your photos. Good Post.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #42
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:

Yes, those Ruston Peaches are somethin' else
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:28 AM   #43
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Yes, those Ruston Peaches are somethin' else
Something about that peach fuzz that drives me crazy Really love her peaches would love to shake her tree Every had peach wine ?
Well I hear it will cause you to break the glass when you are finished or maybe even before you are finished.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #44
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Every had peach wine ?
Well I hear it will cause you to break the glass when you are finished or maybe even before you are finished.
LOL, anyone here remember Boon's Farm Strawberry Hill wine?

How about Swisher Sweets cigars?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #45
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Yes rhertz have a cigar ! Should we be looking for you at the farmers market early in the morning ? Do not let tini time get in your way. Maybe you can pick the leaves out of your garden and make a garden salad with no fruit