Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Good post vixweb. I just watched a service at First Baptist Bossier www.firstbossier.com and I must say this preacher is nothing more than a stand up comedian. Not even good at that. He would mention the Bible and just keep rambling on about himself. This is the kind of person that has hijacked many Christian people. Judgment does start at the pulpit and our public officials too. The Word says a higher standard has been set for those who choose to be leaders. He is starving these good people that go to church because they are Christians and want to hear the truth of the Word.
This gives true Christianity a black eye. The great correction will come one day and these stuffed shirts in the pulpits will be guilty of murder ! yes murder of the eternal soul for all of those they mislead. Sounds harsh well I meant it to be. There is so much at stake here that many people have no idea just plugged in to the main frame and content to send their 10% and get the warm fuzzy for a hour each week. There are many people that study and some gifted teachers too and I think small study groups or just individual study is best.
Amos 8

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

It is not just this church in Bossier it is many churches. I try to watch all different services that run on TV and I do not have a ax to grind with any particular one. Teachers TEACH the WORD I do not need the traditions of man blowing warm air in my ears I need the WORD and some one educated in the languages to lecture and increase my knowledge of the Letter our Father sent to us as a book of instruction on what it takes to be happy and how to have a close walk with our Father. Study to show yourself approved with a teacher blessed of God that rightly divides the Word.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote